Horsens Setlist Party Thread I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pastry.jpg

"The show from last year developed into something so rock solid that it's hard to break it apart and fit new ideas in, but having captured that show on the Rosebowl DVD, it was clear that we have to refresh the show to some degree. We need a new opening certainly, then maybe three or four new songs to keep it interesting for us as much as everyone else. I've been keen to put in Mercy, for the novelty value of playing something unreleased, and then there's Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World which will be a winner if we can make the production elements happen. Perhaps inspired by opening the tour in Italy, Bono suggested Miss Sarajevo. Looking through the set he then put his finger on Ultraviolet and wondered if there was another song we could put there which would still work with the hanging microphone and laser jacket. After a minute or two he suggested Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me, which hasn't seen the light of day since PopMart. In many ways Ultraviolet was the great stealth surprise of last year - a little known album track which came back and stole the show (like a modern day Bad) - but it's on the DVD and in the security of knowing we have it in the bag, it's good to be able to think about alternatives. To give ourselves a sense of how it might be, we watched the performance of Ultraviolet from the Rosebowl DVD, whilst listening to Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me. It's clearly not going to be a straight 'cut and paste' but it was a lot more promising than I'd thought. I love that song too - such a big, glam, bombastic thing. It used to sound so good on the PopMart tour."

Aww that's cool! I've only taken it off for graduation, prom, and a few other school/work-type functions. I have my mom's from then too that hasn't been worn at all. So I have a back-up if this one breaks :wink:

Yeah, I did have to take it off for some family photos a couple times over the years, but it would sit in my purse at the studio and then go right back on when the pictures were taken. :lol:

"The show from last year developed into something so rock solid that it's hard to break it apart and fit new ideas in, but having captured that show on the Rosebowl DVD, it was clear that we have to refresh the show to some degree. We need a new opening certainly, then maybe three or four new songs to keep it interesting for us as much as everyone else. I've been keen to put in Mercy, for the novelty value of playing something unreleased, and then there's Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World which will be a winner if we can make the production elements happen. Perhaps inspired by opening the tour in Italy, Bono suggested Miss Sarajevo. Looking through the set he then put his finger on Ultraviolet and wondered if there was another song we could put there which would still work with the hanging microphone and laser jacket. After a minute or two he suggested Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me, which hasn't seen the light of day since PopMart. In many ways Ultraviolet was the great stealth surprise of last year - a little known album track which came back and stole the show (like a modern day Bad) - but it's on the DVD and in the security of knowing we have it in the bag, it's good to be able to think about alternatives. To give ourselves a sense of how it might be, we watched the performance of Ultraviolet from the Rosebowl DVD, whilst listening to Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me. It's clearly not going to be a straight 'cut and paste' but it was a lot more promising than I'd thought. I love that song too - such a big, glam, bombastic thing. It used to sound so good on the PopMart tour."

I love list4ening to Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me:)awesome!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom