Glastonbury Setlist Party II: Electric Boogaloo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2girl said:
Great crowd.

Good - not great - performance.

And the setlist had too much nostalgia. And bad pacing. (show lost energy after Streets&IWF with I still haven't found + acoustic Stay, and didn't really pick up energy until Vertigo and the combination of Bad and Pride)

Where were all the surprises they were promising ?

Too mellow of an encore, but luckily OOC saved it. The highlight, with Bad.

No use the UTEOTW-NYD combo for some reason and they could have gone with the encore of UV-WOWY-40.

And don't ever play Streets this early again.

Are you ever happy these days? It was a epic moment for the band simple as that, the fact that the british press arent ripping into them proves that

Great crowd.

And the setlist had too much nostalgia. And bad pacing. (show lost energy after Streets&IWF with I still haven't found + acoustic Stay, and didn't really pick up energy until Vertigo and the combination of Bad and Pride)

No use the UTEOTW-NYD combo for some reason and they could have gone with the encore of UV-WOWY-40.

You never fail to amuse me. :heart:

I consider opening with 5 AB songs with Zoo visuals a big fucking surprise. But ofcourse we already knew about it because we know about Anaheim 2. But the rest of the world isn't this insane and for most Glasto goers this was a huge surprise. Also for the BBC viewers all over the world.
And what UTEOTW NYD combo do you mean? :scratch:

Great crowd.

Very fair review and some good points.
Loved Bad (obviously) ,this made my night but would have loved a couple more surprises-it was a one off.
Expected 40 at the end mind,the clock would have allowed it and anyway should broke the 23.45 cut off regardless

anyway, my review - i'd have loved to have seen some other songs, but you know? what fucking ever.

they owned glastonbury.

the look on bono's face during the fly - he knew he had the crowd like a boss. if only he was so fucking smug at normal u2 shows.

career defining? not quite, given what's come before glastonbury. in terms of their modern day appeal? they've done themselves a huge favour. and they didn't embarrass me.

Band introduction as u missed it last night

Edge Sorcerer of Sound
Larry the Knight who says No
Adam Sir Galahad
Bono Friar Tuck

:wave:

I'm sure after this they would never ever dare!

And the setlist had too much nostalgia.

It's a festival set where most of the crowd - as witnessed by the reaction to some album tracks that weren't huge hits (The Fly, Until the End of the World, Moment of Surrender) - wouldn't be open to more Horizon songs. It was well balanced, with every decade being fairly represented. Too much nostalgia for you was perfect for tens of thousands of others, as witnessed by the crowd response.

So you criticise the ZooTV "nostalgia", but you'd like a combo that was originally played and made famous by that tour, eh? Although I agree that that could have been included.

Too mellow of an encore, but your suggested encore of UV-WOWY-40 is a rockfest, that's for sure.

Yes but they have a long haul back to states, I think they did the best they could with time they had, if no gig on sunday, think they would´ve been on for 2½ hours or so :sad:

but aint complaining, am still pumped and main subject here is the astronaut part still :lol::hug:

anyone wanna buy my Santa costume, it got Glastonbury mud in it :lol:
weights a ton tho :laugh::coocoo::lmao:

my wooden reindeer somehow escaped last night, havent seen it, or maybe someone burned it :lol:

Boots got a better reaction than i thought, maybe it will leave the people who where there wanting more?

Overall I thought it was excellent, clearly they felt under pressure which showed with the nerves (apart from Larry & Adam obviously who just seem to float through everything effortlessly). It was nice to see such passion & intensity from Bono - seemed to very emotional especially in SBS & Bad.
Bit of a shame they couldn't play any longer but given the timeslot I think they got the setlist about right, although I do think it was more of a mini 360 set (apart from the visuals) than what it would have been last year - not that that's a bad thing. I think they felt that they had to play MOS to show that they actually still make some pretty damn good music.
Bit of a shame it was so wet - Bono said in the interview after that it was like an ice-rink. If it was dry maybe we woulda seen more movement, getting closer to the crowd etc.

Awesome crowd though - the huge majority of the crowd & the massive quality of the songs speak way louder than a bunch of the mindless hating assholes. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom