Glastonbury Setlist Party II: Electric Boogaloo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Setlist? not quite the radical chchchcchange I thought initially they might pull out of the hat, more like how I envisaged it would be the closer we got ie. that Anaheim#2 was the semi rehearsal... OOC is their easy to lay standby and a great ahem underplayed song... Party Girl & '40' would have been great as they've sorta paid tribute to some of the running orders of yore tonight...

recordings? sans Jo and gushy Beeb people?

It was great, but wasn't too 90s centric. Out of the 19 songs, 6 were from the 90s, 5 from 00s, and 8 from the 80s. No Pop, Rattle and Hum or October.

Really thought they'd play a full band song from Pop after the Discotheque and Please snippets from 360.

They did seem to make a Zoo TV-esque version of Get on you Boots though.

OOC closing was amazing.

I did kind of want a new song, but that was selfish. No complaints:drool:

Good performance but I think the 6 track Achtung Baby set to start was a mistake. It's a youngish crowd and only really One considered a well known classic. I will follow and Elevation to break up the Achtung Baby set would have been handy.

It was great, but wasn't too 90s centric. Out of the 19 songs, 6 were from the 90s, 5 from 00s, and 8 from the 80s. No Pop, Rattle and Hum or October.

Really thought they'd play a full band song from Pop after the Discotheque and Please snippets from 360.
Nice balance. :up:

Good performance but I think the 6 track Achtung Baby set to start was a mistake. It's a youngish crowd and only really One considered a well known classic. I will follow and Elevation to break up the Achtung Baby set would have been handy.

Crowd didn't seem to mind.

now to look if they make or some of em makes a surprise gig somewhere as bands stay here until 5:30 am in some parts :lol::hug:

You werent here :sexywink:
I get your point, but live music is live music, if the beat is right, crowd will follow :wink:

Mixed feelings to be honest about the performance.

Bono screwed up Bad half way-through and his voice seemed rather off tonight aswell. I never thought i'd say this but i think nerves got the better of them, in parts of the performance anyway. The coverage from BBC was awful though, way not enough crowd shots especially when the lights went up on streets.

The transition from One to Streets didn't work out to well either, despite it working wonders on 360. I thought Streets was played to early in the set aswell. So yeah, thought the set was a little weak, and the performance wasn't as solid as i expected, considering they've played with it for the majority of the 360 tour.

Will give it a second watch tomorrow though.

Brilliant, so glad to see that the crowd was into it. I was jonesing for 40 not going to lie, but OOC was a perfect end. They nailed it. Hard (except maybe when they played Boots). So proud of these boys.

Mixed feelings to be honest about the performance.

Bono screwed up Bad half way-through and his voice seemed rather off tonight aswell. I never thought i'd say this but i think nerves got the better of them, in parts of the performance anyway. The coverage from BBC was awful though, way not enough crowd shots especially when the lights went up on streets.

The transition from One to Streets didn't work out to well either, despite it working wonders on 360. I thought Streets was played to early in the set aswell. So yeah, thought the set was a little weak, and the performance wasn't as solid as i expected, considering they've played with it for the majority of the 360 tour.

Will give it a second watch tomorrow though.

Bono's voice was stellar until GOYB and then it was hit or miss after...

Unusual for him for it to be that way as it is usually one or the other the entire show...

sent you a request earlier on fb :sexywink: . . . twitter has tweeted itself for me, still so I'll find you before your show and follow at work :D :applaud:

:dance: and sing your heart out for me :dance:

Gotcha on FB; I'm Claytonskitten on twitter, and will be using solely twitter to update since I don't have data on my phone. I'm using twitter's texting service to update that.

And I'll be singing and bouncing my little heart out the entire night for all my PLEBA girls AND this amazing setlist party crowd! :heart: :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom