Glasgow Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should we have this today?

2w2eozt.jpg
[/IMG]

or

2po1m34.jpg

Maybe both? (Both 1/2 off at Target this morning! YUM!)

now why'd you have to go & do that???

I WANT CAKE SO BAD!!! :sad:

140kb43.jpg
[/QUOTE]

So just HOW is that there guitar of Prince's U2-related? Read on...

That there guitar of Prince's was made by Auerswald, a german luthier. He has made other guitars for Prince too (Including the one that Appalonia gives Prince in Purple Rain).

Anywho... this look familiar? Another of Auerswald Instruments 'creations'.

A_Clayton_Custom_1.jpg

A_Clayton_Custom_18.jpg

A_Clayton_Custom_2.jpg

More on Adam's Auerswald? (From Bassics magazine: 1997/VOL VII/ISSUE 1)

MED-Bassics-1997-Vol_VII-Issue_1.jpg

"Exactly what is this golden horseshoe-shaped axe?

After discussing Adam's technical needs, the bass was built in Germany by Auerswald Instruments, a result of the teamwork between Jerry Auerswald and Adam Clayton's bass tech, Stuart Morgan.

Based around a Flying V shape, Clayton wanted a "Spacey, Flash Gordon" styled instrument but with improved balance over a Flying V. Crafted from 100+ year-old slab of cherrywood, it's set up similar to a P-J with the split P pickup mounted conversely, i.e. the could under the E and A strings is closest to the bridge.

Auerswald created cherrywood covers for the pickups to blend with the curves of the body, which is finished with an amazing yellow "angel dust" iridescent effect that utilizes metal and mother-of-pearl flakes blended with clear coats to create a multi-dimensional look. Jerry explains it this way: "For me, it was to have a very shiny and freindly yellow, and [close up], it's deep looking." Since the body is painted, you can' see the wood, but you sure can hear it. The curly-maple neck is shaped similar to a Precision but has a short scale of 80 cm (30 1/2 inches), so a lot of tweaking was done to deal with the inherent mids of a short scale. The bridge is an Auerswald patent and is fully adjustable for string height, spacing and intonation.

If you like, Auerswald also offers the customer his patented working bottle opener in the headstock! "

That is right... you can have your A. Clayton Custom bass AND your beer too!

So why all of that information? Why not! :D

there was a tweet earlier from U2log that said there server had had a 'mishap' so they're too busy fixing that to tweet

I'm getting the odd update from @U2 though it is still crazy slow :)

I saw that too. I think @u2 said that they are leaving it to u2tours

<overactive imagination mode>
The guitar in the picture that Edge posted on Twitter... we haven't seen that guitar in use by Edge yet, have we? And, since the only people in the stadium at that point are wearing security uniforms, it looks like Dallas is soundchecking a new guitar. Maybe? That opens a... range of possibilities...
</overactive imagination mode>

With a red guitar, on fire, desire!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom