Foxboro 2 Set List Party 9/21/09!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy Lost In Translation:doh:

I was talking about Denis Leary NOT Bono:cute:

Um, duh. And stuff.

My comment was supposed to mean that you shouldn't be surprised to learn that some women find "older" men attractive, and used Bono as an example, as he's quite a bit older than a lot of the women who get all drooly about him on this site.

Ok, this is a very good performance but it convinces me even more that Breathe is the better opener. And it's sad to see the band doesn't go out anymore onto the bridges and catwalk like they always did for Magnificent. If changing the order of the set means that they will be on the catwalk even less, that's not good.

Its kind of obvious to start the concert on the stage as a band. Its like presenting themselves. It would be cool if bono used the bridges, as it would send the crowd more wild, but its just natural for them to play the opener all together. And i dont see what convices you breathe is better. Maybe the way the band come out, but comparing the opener is mostly on the crowds reaction, which is pretty good in the video.

Also i honestly think we might have contenders for the 4 or 5 best performances of songs so far on the tour from foxboro!

First magnificent. Sounds as powerful as ever!

YouTube - U2 360 - Magnificent - Gillette Stadium - 9/21/09

Second Until the end of the world. Not sure if its better than the Amsterdam one buts its pretty cool bono and the girl stretching for each other whilst the band rocking out!

YouTube - U2 360 - Until the End of the World - Gillette Stadium - 9/21/09

3rd beatiful day/your blur room. I know dropping the amazing new intro from BD takes that little away, but his voice sounds as raw as it did on the ET, and he is really smashing that touuuuch me note. Also all the space parts are blending well inbetween YBR.

YouTube - U2 360 - Your Blue Room into Beautiful Day - Gillette Stadium 9/21/09

Next vertigo. Seems like bono got that much into the tune he went wild with the feeeel notes towards the end of the song. Which he hasnt all tour. Really rocking it out here!

YouTube - F Vertigo U2 1006PM

Last where the streets have no name. The snippets sound amazing, and bono seems to be really going for it on the verses. Holding notes longer than they normally are. The crowd are rocking like mad aswell!

YouTube - U2 360 - Where the Streets Have No Name - Gillette Stadium 9/21/09

Ive read a few reviews, seen the clips and i just cant help feeling a really fresh energetic feel to the whole show. The band just seem to be really really into the gig along with the fans! From what ive seen its the most passionate gig they have done so far on the tour!

Its kind of obvious to start the concert on the stage as a band. Its like presenting themselves. It would be cool if bono used the bridges, as it would send the crowd more wild, but its just natural for them to play the opener all together. And i dont see what convices you breathe is better. Maybe the way the band come out, but comparing the opener is mostly on the crowds reaction, which is pretty good in the video.

Yes, crowd reaction is very good and I love Magnificent, I just like Breathe better as the opener and I find it sad that Magnificent isn't the song anymore where the band interacts with the crowd by going on the catwalk and bridges.

They dropped the beautiful intro for Beautiful Day? :sad:

^ yeah i was disappointed by that. I think YBR is utterly amazing with the space chat now... But I still think they should have blended the cool intro to BD into the outro from YBR.... They have their reasons I guess... Namely that the BD chord sequence sounds so fresh after the murk of YBR and fits in with the space/planet/conservation theme that seems to be making up that portion of the show (check out the lighting)....

Tour is defo getting better for me.... :cute:

I must say they really surprised me (I'm not sure is it a positive or a negative surprise - I love Breathe, but Magnificent kicks ass as an opener). I can't wait for tonight to see what will they do - stick to this new arrangment or go back to the old one. :cheer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom