Dublin 1, July 24th, Setlist Party Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Sue! :wave: I never "see" you anymore! How are you? How's the furry family?

I'm around just can't seem to make my way over to the cat forum as much. Jack is still in detention and still beautiful - still terrorizing the clan- Bela and Max still cutie pies and Lovey is still her regal self. My son has been over alot - on the computer, job hunting. He's not a cat lover, but I'm converting him.
See you tomorrow if you make it to the set list. Son can't get on my computer during setlist parties. :D

QUESTION

Sorry for the big font but I have to ask - did anyone who attended the gig have their bags checked? Did anyone bring a DSLR?

I have my Canon 5D Mark II with me to Dublin, I'll be seeing them tomorrow and I don't know what to do. I REALLY want to bring it with me.

If anybody knows, it would be greatly appreciated.

They played Elevation, Stuck In a Moment, Vertigo and Walk On during the same night in their own hometown of all places?

What a disgrace.

^yep agreed...

i just got back and thought it was a great show... I got Bad and TUF in the same nite..:D

got some great pics too. we were outside the catwalk center, 2nd person from rail.. This is a great place to be IMO. The inner circle is too tight, too many people crammed into that space. Got GAs for tomorrow and gonna go for the same spot but rail I think.

^yep agreed...

i just got back and thought it was a great show... I got Bad and TUF in the same nite..:D

got some great pics too. we were outside the catwalk center, 2nd person from rail.. This is a great place to be IMO. The inner circle is too tight, too many people crammed into that space. Got GAs for tomorrow and gonna go for the same spot but rail I think.

:applaud: :hyper: :hug: Did they come out to the catwalk a lot?

Show was amazing. TUF and Bad made it for me. SBS is *alive* again. Cant wait to do it again tomorrow

Attn U2 fans in Dublin Support Free Iran tomorrow (a few of us visiting from USA to see Dublin U2 shows will be there):

Iran Protest Sat. 25 July 1-3 pm @ General Post Office O’Connell St. Dublin United for Iran, global day of action - Indymedia Ireland Bishop Tutu supports free Iran movement YouTube - Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Nobel Peace Laureate Message of Support for July 25 Rally

Tomorrow is 40 days since Neda was murdered in Tehran - worldwide protests planned

Four UF songs in the one setlist.

For the first time since 27 December 1989.

EPIC WIN.

Fucking lost my head when the opening notes of UF rang out. Lost the rest of me when Bad began. Sure, I kind of saw both coming, but ... I am a UF fanlad.

Wow, wow, wow. This show was fantastic. Crowd was pretty flat for the first 4 songs or so, but then they just went off. We decided to not camp out all day and still got on Edge's side about 5-10 people back from the rail at 6pm. Probably could have gotten inner circle had we gotten there at about 2 or 3. And the reports are correct, they pack them in like sardines in there and we actually enjoyed being in the first few rows of the pitch on the outside. Highlight of the night, for me, was the Crazy remix. Just completely rocked and they were on fire during that song. Edge's spins on the catwalk were great. I was going to try and tweet and take pictures, but there are so many cameras these days I just decided to make today a low stress day and enjoy every minute of being in Dublin for this show. Turned out to be a perfect night. I will say that they seemed to really keep the setlist tight between songs, more so than I remember from previous tours. Didn't quite get the sense that they were rushing through it, but it was almost that fast between songs. Not sure if it was the time constraints the neighbors wanted or what, but did seem almost like they had to work to fit the songs in on time.

Overall, a really, really solid show. Dublin did add a nice backdrop for sure. Can't wait to see how the next two shows turn out.

p.s. was anyone near the center outside rail when security took away the complete drunk idiot who tried to bring his girlfriend through the crowd during One?

Can i just say something and i dont mean this to be a bitchy post, but RIP unkown caller, it seemed great while in the setlist

Good to hear from you - glad you enjoyed the show.

yeah, Lila, I got your twitter at my @realname account and didn't want to reply to you there because it'd start a thread on my FB page. I tried sending you a direct at my other Twitter acct, but didn't hear back, so I figured you were all set. Looks like the regular sources pulled through. Felt great to be back at a U2 show. And there's something to be said for just going to experience the moment. Last couple shows I was so keyed on taking pictures, etc. that I missed half the experience. Felt good to let others deal with that this time. (Not that I didn't take a few pics...)

croke.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom