Chicago September 13th Setlist Party Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I am considering my options and making my plan of attack for the show I have GA for.

Yea, I was in the first wave (first 200 or so), but the way they screwed it up, I got in a little later than most of the 1st two waves.

The front rail was taken, though only one deep. Because of the elevation of the stage, I think the back rail is better.

Hi guys :wave:

I'm back from Chicago. I really wish that I could see tonight's show, too... but school intervened.

Last night was incredible. I was unsurprisingly disappointed about Elevation/SHF/Stuck, and the normal lackluster performances of One and WOWY, but I really wasn't expecting Bad, and almost fell over when I saw Bono whisper in Edge's ear and Dallas bring out another Strat after One. All of the new songs were really amazing, with the best being UC, Crazy Remix, and MOS. Also, Ultraviolet was incredible, and TUF was downright surreal.

Any news on YBR? Was it rehearsed today? Should we expect it tonight? I'm a bit out of the loop after a day of being stuck on airplanes.

Unfortunately it looks like I won't be listening for a while :down: my son needs help with Math. Enjoy the show everyone. I probably shouldn't listen anyway. Maybe there'll be a surprise that way for me in Boston. Hope you all get YBR (can't imagine them doing it without Adam though).

digitize... not to get off topic, but before they started Bad, did you notice that Bono was still fiddling around with this green guitar? Kind of looked as if he wanted to do something, but the backing track for Bad kicked in... ??? Also may have been why the delay wasn't on for Edge for a few seconds.. ?

Unfortunately it looks like I won't be listening for a while :down: my son needs help with Math. Enjoy the show everyone. I probably shouldn't listen anyway. Maybe there'll be a surprise that way for me in Boston. Hope you all get YBR (can't imagine them doing it without Adam though).

I'm doing my math homework right now, I'll help him! :hyper::wink:

:wave: Hi digitize!

Yea, I was in the first wave (first 200 or so), but the way they screwed it up, I got in a little later than most of the 1st two waves.

The front rail was taken, though only one deep. Because of the elevation of the stage, I think the back rail is better.

Thanks. This is what I am hearing from several people. :)

Not all Jersey girls are like that.

Thanks everyone. I 'm going through a stressful sitation right now with my car and me having to drive to Foxboro in 6 days

digitize... not to get off topic, but before they started Bad, did you notice that Bono was still fiddling around with this green guitar? Kind of looked as if he wanted to do something, but the backing track for Bad kicked in... ??? Also may have been why the delay wasn't on for Edge for a few seconds.. ?

I noticed that Bono fiddled around with the guitar for a second but quickly got rid of it. And I didn't notice anything wrong with Edge's guitar, but for the opening few seconds of Bad, the crowd was so loud I couldn't hear much at all from the band.

Also, did everyone hear about the new video before the encore? I really liked it... I really thought YBR was going to follow it, because it set up for YBR perfectly.

Laura, I lurk more than I post, but I want you to know that I appreciate all the info that you supply to your fellow u2 fans:hug:

Very nice MJ Tribute from Madonna and dancers and than Janet showed up to "sing" Scream with her brother on the screen behind her.

Than Taylor Swift won best female video and Kanye West who was presenting took her mic and said "Beyonce had the best video of all time" than stormed off the stage with deer-in-headlights looks from both Beyonce and Taylor Swift. LOL

Looks like a fun night on both fronts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom