Buenos Aires I Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a totally EPIC opener (especially with the way the claw explodes) but it would be perfection if Monsieur Evans just reintroduced the high notes to the chorus and ending.

But the claw has rarely looked as good (if ever - ok, End of the World still probably just has the edge [I love unintended puns] on it) as at the start and finish of this.

Real Thing starts @ 0:56 - if your computer can handle it, you can watch in 1080p! That takes a while to load though.

YouTube - U2 - 360 Tour La Plata Argentina [HD1080] 30.mar.2011 - Even Better Than The Real Thing / Intro

You're better off clicking the image and watching on Youtube so you can go fullscreen ;)

WOW, now that's a high quality video! Thanks for sharing it.

I have no memory of this moment. I guess I should look for some youtube clips.

I swear I haven't been able to find good video of it. None of the bootlegs I've seen have panned up to show the lights going up into the sky.

It happens at the same spot in the song where the lights came up on Bono on the catwalk on the Vertigo shows, after the intro and it builds a bit and then boom, into the main riff from Edge.

I have a picture of it as one of my Facebook pictures.

Here it is. The first moment the Claw goes like this:

untitled.jpg

Setlist party tonight?

Is anyone following the setlist tonight?
Is there going to be livefeed?

I doubt there will be feeds for the Argentina shows.

But we'll definitely have a setlist party tonight and we'll probably just have to get our info from Twitter. Hopefully it's not a confusion explosion like the first show.

I doubt there will be feeds for the Argentina shows.

But we'll definitely have a setlist party tonight and we'll probably just have to get our info from Twitter. Hopefully it's not a confusion explosion like the first show.

Yeah, Wednesday was confusing - especially me doing the setlist, having to pay attention to the Twitter feed and having internet failures :lol: Hopefully no confusion tonight, but I'll be here. :up:

Yeah, Wednesday was confusing - especially me doing the setlist, having to pay attention to the Twitter feed and having internet failures :lol: Hopefully no confusion tonight, but I'll be here. :up:

If you have any problems tonight, I'd be more than happy to do the setlist for the second show.

Just let me know :D

Why replace Unforgettable Fire with Miss Sarajevo? No were near as great song :eek:. Your Blue Room is better imo from the same album then.

It totally is. And I still haven't forgiven the Rose Bowl DVD for not capturing the moment when the searchlights on top of the Claw shoot up into the sky on queue with the music.

Best Claw moment of the show, and the director ignored it.

Fuck that shit.

watch

I took this at the first NJ show..Wish I would have got the whole song

27 seconds in..

Might not make it to the setlist party tonight. Hopefully a little more setlist rotation for tonight's show..Stuck? Really? :sad:

U2tour U2tour
Stuck in a moment und nyd im soundcheck #u2360arg
52 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

PLEASE tell me this is a belated april fool's by U2? :sad:

Maybe Stuck full band in place of MS or IALW. Please, please, please. No more MS or IALW snooze fest. I still wonder why no AIWIY in place of IALW or MS. Epic sound. Slow pace for Larry to rest before the warhorses. Who knows? Could be Bono's voice strain in the "yyyyyyooooooooouuuuuuuu" but he can just give it over to the crowd in SA and they won't let him down

I think Miss Sarajevo will stay, as the band might think it transitions well into COBL with the Questions segue. I love MS, so I don't mind it staying. IALW however... :madwife: :censored:

Maybe Stuck full band in place of MS or IALW. Please, please, please. No more MS or IALW snooze fest. I still wonder why no AIWIY in place of IALW or MS. Epic sound. Slow pace for Larry to rest before the warhorses. Who knows? Could be Bono's voice strain in the "yyyyyyooooooooouuuuuuuu" but he can just give it over to the crowd in SA and they won't let him down

I'll have MS and EVEN IALW every night if it meant not to have stuck. god. how I do NOT miss that pathetic excuse for a U2 song.

I think willie has spent so much time with the transition between ms and cobl that i cant see ms going anywhere soon

Honestly, IALW/MS/COBL seems to be a lock for the rest of the tour, much as the IALW/MS part of that disgruntles me. I can hack the MS part if need be, but yeah, AIWIY replacing IALW would be a fantastic decision. Honestly, even if I didn't hate IALW, the decision makes sense - there's already PLENTY of ATYCLB representation, so let's drop its least notable song in the set so that RAH can get a bit of a look-in through one of U2's most well-loved songs.

(See? Even I can play the it's-a-stadium-crowd-so-let's-be-practical game!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom