Brisbane I Set List Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ha ha, i actually went back to change it to gag because whatever word i had wasn't apt. but i forgot i'd said front and centre!

:)

wow. it's 10p local time over there. this show must have started early

someone tweeted early on that they had to be off stage by 10:30pm due to local residents etc . . . and it is queensland :shrug: :coocoo:

:sexywink: :kiss: . . . I just need to get a little faster :giggle:

. . and I am now making a concerted effort to be on time to actually catch the Jay-z after hearing some really positive reviews of him . . . and besides, this old girl needs to extend her musical vocabulary somewhat . . . so why not :shrug:

I was actually pleasantly surprised with Jay Zed. I don't like rap music but he actually put on a good show and it was interesting watching all the band members particularly the sound mixing guy. Having said that it was too much watching it again on the second night - just as well he played a shorter set.

i quickly went through the first few pages and i just noticed that

it's 5a here. just woke up

someone tweeted early on that they had to be off stage by 10:30pm due to local residents etc . . . and it is queensland :shrug: :coocoo:

i've been to the area around lang park, it is pretty residential. i can imagine by the usual ending time around 11pm on a wednesday might get a little bit annoying if you weren't a fan and/or had to work the next day.

I was actually pleasantly surprised with Jay Zed. I don't like rap music but he actually put on a good show and it was interesting watching all the band members particularly the sound mixing guy. Having said that it was too much watching it again on the second night - just as well he played a shorter set.

cool, thanks :)

December 8, 2010 - Suncorp Stadium - Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Intro: David Bowie - Space Oddity

Setlist:
1. Return of The Stingray Guitar
2. Beautiful Day / ??? (snippet)
3. I Will Follow
4. Get On Your Boots
5. Magnificent / I Can't Stand The Rain (snippet) (??)
6. Mysterious Ways / Rain (snippet)
7. Elevation
8. Until The End Of The World
9. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Stand By Me (snippet)
10. North Star - Debut outside Europe! (Electric, sans Adam and Larry)
11. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
12. In A Little While
13. Miss Sarajevo
14. City Of Blinding Lights
15. Vertigo / Thunderstruck (snippet)
16. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Live 360° Remix) / Two Tribes (snippet) / ??? (snippet)
17. Sunday, Bloody Sunday (sans Jay-Z)
18. Scarlet (sans Jay-Z)
19. Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)

- Intermission: Desmond Tutu speech -

Encore(s):
20. One
21. Dear Prudence (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name / All You Need Is Love (snippet)

i've been to the area around lang park, it is pretty residential. i can imagine by the usual ending time around 11pm on a wednesday might get a little bit annoying if you weren't a fan and/or had to work the next day.

and I guess in order to get it all passed by the various red tape bods over there they would have to abide by some pretty strict guidelines . . . still it would be pretty flipping awesome to open your back door and hear U2 serenading you :)

December 8, 2010 - Suncorp Stadium - Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Intro: David Bowie - Space Oddity

Setlist:
1. Return of The Stingray Guitar
2. Beautiful Day / ??? (snippet)
3. I Will Follow
4. Get On Your Boots
5. Magnificent / I Can't Stand The Rain (snippet) (??)
6. Mysterious Ways / Rain (snippet)
7. Elevation
8. Until The End Of The World
9. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Stand By Me (snippet)
10. North Star - Debut outside Europe! (Electric, sans Adam and Larry)
11. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
12. In A Little While
13. Miss Sarajevo
14. City Of Blinding Lights
15. Vertigo / Thunderstruck (snippet)
16. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Live 360° Remix) / Two Tribes (snippet) / ??? (snippet)
17. Sunday, Bloody Sunday (sans Jay-Z)
18. Scarlet (sans Jay-Z)
19. Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)

- Intermission: Desmond Tutu speech -

Encore(s):
20. One
21. Dear Prudence (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name / All You Need Is Love (snippet)
22. Ultra Violet (Light My Way)

u2gigs U2gigs
22nd is Ultra Violet, first time it has been done at consecutive gigs since August. #u2360brisbane

well there you have it mr coolian . . . you get the prize :)

woohoo. i didn't call dear prudence, but i also called ac/dc in vertigo, albeit the wrong song.

amazing grace and hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me tomorrow night.

u2gigs U2gigs
Alison's last text, verbatim: "Ppl are blowing smoke up bono's arse" #u2360brisbane

:lol: :crack:
it was really cool watching bono in the laser jacket swing around on the mic in all of the smoke, and then when i noticed two guys with smoke machines crouching at the front of the stage adding to the effect it all suddenly felt pretty spinal tap.

Back
Top Bottom