Brisbane I Set List Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I doubt you'll get BFFTS without them soundchecking it first, ie. giving it a run through on the day. Which means if it's not Sydney, it will if anything probably be at a cities second gig (given that they seem to be flying in from Sydney only later in the afternoon before first gigs.)

December 8, 2010 - Suncorp Stadium - Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Intro: David Bowie - Space Oddity

Setlist:
1. Return of The Stingray Guitar
2. Beautiful Day / ??? (snippet)
3. I Will Follow
4. Get On Your Boots
5. Magnificent / I Can't Stand The Rain (snippet) (??)
6. Mysterious Ways / Rain (snippet)
7. Elevation
8. Until The End Of The World
9. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Stand By Me (snippet)
10. North Star - Debut outside Europe!

Nice. I like North Star. I wonder if any changes have been made to it, and if they did it just Edge/Bono or whatever.

Godd Mornin' Everyone:), did i heard a rumor of rain falling earlier? hummm Bono and wet leather:hmm::D:reject:

How he introduced North Star - if he did at all - will be interesting. Still the "oh, hey, this is something we knocked up this afternoon" business, or something a bit more interesting/revealing?

Setlist:
3. I Will Follow
4. Get On Your Boots
7. Elevation
10. North Star - Debut outside Europe!
11. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
12. In A Little While

Early evening, December 8. Four shots ring out in the New York night. Free at last, Yoko broke up your band, but she cannot break your heaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart!

/bono

Ah well got one of them :)

:up: and I am going to hang on for all its worth to my hope of hearing EBW live in sydders :)

fuuuuuuck off.

i'll throw my bets in and say amazing grace snippet in one, highway to hell in vertigo and ultraviolet to be played tonight. otherwise i'm now going to lose interest.

:lol: . . . all of that but I think batman for ultra violet tonight :)

:up:

u2gigs U2gigs
North Star was still just Bono and Edge, with Edge on electric guitar (i.e. like most past performances). #u2360brisbane

:uhoh: Should I be worried? They intend to finish the album while on tour, hence the days off (along with the shipping/construction of the Claw I suppose)
yet we still haven't heard a full band version in an actual show.
Or do they just want to surprise us when we have the record in our possession?

Setlist:
3. I Will Follow
4. Get On Your Boots
7. Elevation
10. North Star - Debut outside Europe! (Electric, sans Adam and Larry)
11. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
12. In A Little While
13. Miss Sarajevo

13) Miss Sarajevo

I know lots think this is a momentum killer but I love it live :)

i like it, but when it follows a steaming turd like in a little while it's a real 1-2 punch on momentum.

i've also found the miss sarajevo -> recorded questions -> city of blinding lights run surprisingly moving, including the extra keys before city of blinding lights starts.

:uhoh: Should I be worried? They intend to finish the album while on tour, hence the days off (along with the shipping/construction of the Claw I suppose)

larry just hates us - that is all :wink:

i like it, but when it follows a steaming turd like in a little while it's a real 1-2 punch on momentum.

i've also found the miss sarajevo -> recorded questions -> city of blinding lights run surprisingly moving, including the extra keys before city of blinding lights starts.

ah true, they could do without IALW before it and Miss Sarajevo would have much more power

Its kind of quiet between songs when you have no live feeds isn't it. Purple have you been to any of the concerts in Oz yet or will Sydney be your first one?

[/B]

eternal optimist says they can't replicate what they have in the studio live. realist knows this isn't likely the case.

Back
Top Bottom