Brisbane 2 Set List Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Same with One, Streets, SBS and WOWY. Because people come to shows to hear those songs...

Yeah, but let's be honest, U2 have shitloads of hits and the casuals would make just as much noise for EBTTRT as they do for MW, they wouldn't notice if WOWY and ISHFWILF rotated, etc.

I mean, who noticed that ISHFWILF wasn't done at four European shows? Didn't see any casuals bitching because they got heaps of other hits.

What the heck? Did that happen last night as well?

Nope.

speaking of with or without you, how good is it this leg? love it. can't believe i'm saying it.

Wouldn't say I love it, but they're doing it better than they have in a good few tours. Huge improvement on 2009's versions.

It's 84 and 89 I'm curious about.
Photos and videos I've seen all say they didn't, but they used rear-stage seating in 1985.

No idea - Axver may know. I did just have a look at the venues used on those tours in Australia though, and for the few that I know (have been to), I would guess that at least mostly no, as they are U shaped arenas, with a wall behind the stage, not 0 shaped (seating on all sides) arenas. But there a few I'm not sure about.

Wow, no MOS. That's been one of the highlights of each night for me.

No idea - Axver may know. I did just have a look at the venues used on those tours in Australia though, and for the few that I know (have been to), I would guess that at least mostly no, as they are U shaped arenas, with a wall behind the stage, not 0 shaped (seating on all sides) arenas. But there a few I'm not sure about.

I'm not aware of any behind-the-stage seats on previous Aussie tours, but really can't say I'm 100% sure it NEVER happened anywhere. It's honestly not really a detail I've noted much. What about the tennis stadiums in Melbourne and Adelaide? They could have had behind-the-stage seats sold.

What happened?

after the pike river mine disaster, it took on even more of a meaning. it's almost hard to believe, but i really felt like the band felt what the country was going through. it took on a new, more powerful meaning than it had had it in years.

openly sobbed at the first night performance. it's going to be a long time, if ever, before that first night in auckland will be topped.

Wow, no MOS. That's been one of the highlights of each night for me.

For 360 Zurich#2 they went from Streets to MOS when pressed up against curfew.

Does this mean that this show is the only one on the tour with only 3 NLOTH tracks? Plus the smallest attendance of the tour by 5-10,000?

I'm not aware of any behind-the-stage seats on previous Aussie tours, but really can't say I'm 100% sure it NEVER happened anywhere. It's honestly not really a detail I've noted much. What about the tennis stadiums in Melbourne and Adelaide? They could have had behind-the-stage seats sold.

I think attendance numbers are known so we can go from there.

For 360 Zurich#2 they went from Streets to MOS when pressed up against curfew.

Does this mean that this show is the only one on the tour with only 3 NLOTH tracks? Plus the smallest attendance of the tour by 5-10,000?

Yep, first show with just three songs from NLOTH. Funny, last tour, the first show with just three HTDAAB songs was down here too (namely Auckland II). It's as if U2 think Australia and New Zealand don't want to hear the new songs.

Yep, first show with just three songs from NLOTH. Funny, last tour, the first show with just three HTDAAB songs was down here too (namely Auckland II). It's as if U2 think Australia and New Zealand don't want to hear the new songs.

funny given places like auckland are probably going to be more open to new songs, but far be it from me...

funny given places like auckland are probably going to be more open to new songs, but far be it from me...

Let's just say that NLOTH or Breathe or even bloody Comedy would get the crowds down here going more than fucking IALW does.

Am walking up Caxton St right now. Joy everywhere. That small crowd really went off compared to last night.

Gotta put the dropping of MOS into perspective guys.

no line on the horizon got the chicago crowd going more than stuck did, that's for damn sure.

i still hate in a little while so much. you get the space noises, then the cool engine sounding buildup....and then in a little while starts. contrast it to the space noise, engine buildup and the your blue room organ starting. jesus fuck.

Given the way audiences have flooded from some venues during MOS, I wonder how many people outside of the diehards really noticed its absence. WOWY has worked soundly as a closer in the past.

i still hate in a little while so much. you get the space noises, then the cool engine sounding buildup....and then in a little while starts. contrast it to the space noise, engine buildup and the your blue room organ starting. jesus fuck.

Biggest fucking cocktease ever. I don't know why they keep persisting; YBR got dropped because of flat crowds, yet the crowd's also pretty damn flat for IALW.

That's a given. No matter what country you're in.

Touche.

Biggest fucking cocktease ever. I don't know why they keep persisting; YBR got dropped because of flat crowds, yet the crowd's also pretty damn flat for IALW.
easy: because ialw is off atyclb. no matter the reception, they can just tell themselves it's off atyclb which is of course the best album ever by anyone so therefore any song off it is the best song ever.

which is why it's okay for them to play more songs off a ten year old album than their most recent one.

Melbourne Tennis Centre was the one I was thinking as a possibility. Lovetown staging came with a big backdrop though. And I just sort of doubt they would have sold it 'in the round'. I have no idea about UF Tour staging - or some of those older/smaller venues that it was in.

easy: because ialw is off atyclb. no matter the reception, they can just tell themselves it's off atyclb which is of course the best album ever by anyone so therefore any song off it is the best song ever.

which is why it's okay for them to play more songs off a ten year old album than their most recent one.

:barf:

Sad but unfortunately true. :(

I despise IALW as much as the next person but even then I have to admit the IALW bashing is getting pretty old.

Back
Top Bottom