Bono's Surgery and Tour Impact - Info & Discussion Here - Part 2 [update post #370]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
Bono's Surgery and Tour Impact - Info & Discussion Here - Part 2 [update post #370]

What we have so far

U2.com > News > Bono Undergoes Surgery

U2.com > News > U2360° Salt Lake City Postponement

U2.com > News > Paul McGuinness On Today's News

*update 5/25 -

U2.com > News > Bono Discharged From Hospital

U2.com > News > North American Dates Will Be Rescheduled in 2011

U2.com > News > A Word From The Edge

bonosegwayband.jpg

Ach, mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut. :(

Translated thru Babel

U2 must shift concert - concern Bono after back OI
24. May 2010 | 0 comments

The volume U2 is in concern around their volume member Bono. Front man Bono had to be operated at the 21.Mai due to possible heavy volume disk incident in a special hospital in Munich at the back.

Bono

Singer Bono of that Pop volume U2 had to undergo at the 21.Mai 2010 in Munich of an emergency operation at the back. Reason for it is an injury, which had possibly tightened itself to Bono during the route preparations (360° route). In Munich Bono is medically cared for by Dr. Müller-Wohlfahrt Dr. Jörg Tonn.

The official web page that volume - U2.com - confirmed this message that U2 is shifted, due to a back OI by Bono the route start in Salt Lake town center.

The opening concert of the 360° route was angedacht and is now shifted for 03 June. When the concert is retrieved in Salt Lake town center, is certain up to the today's day not yet. Also there are still no official pieces of news over Bonos health conditions.

U2-Managers Paul McGuinness with its audio statement on U2.com of a majority at route data (“reinstate thesis DATEs”).

This guy:sad:
heard from this guy:crack:
who bought from this guy:|
who explained to this guy:huh:
who's wife:madwife:
told her neighbor:censored:
well the neighbor's "pool boy":shh:

That Bono got a mole removed from his back.

:panic:

Thanks for the translation, beershack!

And Beav. :hug:

due to possible heavy volume disk incident

Ha. In other words, more guesses and assumptions. :scream:

.... and is it just me, or does "possible heavy volume disk incident" sound like some sort of computer error message?

IS BONO A ROBOT????

Thanks for the translation, beershack!

And Beav. :hug:

Ha. In other words, more guesses and assumptions. :scream:

.... and is it just me, or does "possible heavy volume disk incident" sound like some sort of computer error message?

IS BONO A ROBOT????

A more accurate translation (according to Google) would be 'Front man Bono was on May 21 to be operated on because of a possible major slipped disc'

Actually that still sounds like a windows message. I just hope he is doing ok - would be nice to know.

Google translate rocks, much better than babelfish:

U2 have to postpone concert - concern for Bono after back surgery
24th May 2010 | 0 comments

The band U2 is worried about her band member Bono. Frontman Bono had to undergo surgery on May 21 because of a possible major slipped disc in a special clinic in Munich on the back.

Singer Bono of the rock band U2 on May 21, 2010 had to undergo emergency surgery in Munich on the back. This is due to an injury that Bono may be in the tour preparations (who had drawn 360 ° Tour). In Munich, Bono is supervised by Dr Muller-Wohlfahrt Dr. Jörg Tonn physician.

The official website of the band - U2.com confirmed - this news that U2, is postponed due to a back surgery the Bono of tour start in Salt Lake City.

The opening concert of the tour was 360 for the 03 Planned in June and is now postponed. When the rescheduled concert in Salt Lake City, is to date not been fixed yet. Also, there is still no official news about Bono's health status.

(Portion with McG's statement snipped since that's in English already)

These new rumours about U2 being replaced by Coldplay at Glastonbury have made me feel a little bit physically sick.

What's up with the Coldplay hating? If you don't like them, that is fine and all... You don't have to like them. But it has always seemed odd to me the absolute hatred some have for Coldplay.

Oh well... off with the horns and on with the show.

I actually think the UK festival is the most likely to get cancelled, since the vast majority of people bought tickets not expecting U2 anyway. And it would be much easier to just add a show in the UK rather than having to cancel one AND add another.

I actually think the UK festival is the most likely to get cancelled, since the vast majority of people bought tickets not expecting U2 anyway. And it would be much easier to just add a show in the UK rather than having to cancel one AND add another.

Why would you cancell a UK show, but play U.S. shows before it :|

I'm confused, what do you mean by "it would be much easier to just add a show in the UK rather than having to cancel one AND add another"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom