Bono's Surgery and Tour Impact - Info & Discussion Here - Part 2 [update post #370]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they can make announcements about postponing dates before things involving venues and contracts are finalized?

Is there contractual red tape that might be holding back any news about that?

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
bonoped.jpg

EXACTLY! And I know there are many of us that worry that!

I worry that, too :sad:

I live close to Munich and it's almost 10 p. m. here, so no news will come out of the hospital today. It's also a public holiday here today. Let's hope there will be some announcement made tomorrow or on Wednesday, at least about Bono's current condition. I don't need any details if it's too private for them to say so, I just want to know if the surgery went ok and if he's doing fine.

Yeah, if I'm remembering the initial statement correctly, it kind of read to me like the surgery was already done and they anticipated him being home in a couple of days.

But whats he having for dinner?

I think that's the thing. People have to be reasonable in their expectations. While there's a handful of hardcore fans that aren't satisfied with the news they were given, the vast majority probably don't feel the need for more specific info such as "is he back on solid foods yet?" or "how many stitches does he have?"

Paul McG probably just didn't anticipate that some people would want to know more.

I think that's the thing. People have to be reasonable in their expectations. While there's a handful of hardcore fans that aren't satisfied with the news they were given, the vast majority probably don't feel the need for more specific info such as "is he back on solid foods yet?" or "how many stitches does he have?"

Paul McG probably just didn't anticipate that some people would want to know more.

Sorry, but no one is asking for that type of detail. Making a statement as simple as "Bono is fine" would be more than sufficient.

I personally, actually do NOT need to know the details at all, thank you. However, I believe that many of us are a bit concerned because the statement that was released seemed to focus more on the tour/SLC (which is fine,) but less on the fact that he is doing ok. I think Paul really could have simply stated that Bono was doing well. That is all. And yes, I'm sure if he wasn't ok it would be on the nightly news. But it is hard to listen to the statement, and the fact that we haven't heard anything else and not think or worry that there is something really wrong. I apologize for being human and caring, but as I sift thru the threads it seems like many of us "hardcore fans " have the same concern, and many people on all the boards have stated that they don't need to know the cause of the surgery but would like to know he is ok.

I personally, actually do NOT need to know the details at all, thank you. However, I believe that many of us are a bit concerned because the statement that was released seemed to focus more on the tour/SLC (which is fine,) but less on the fact that he is doing ok. I think Paul really could have simply stated that Bono was doing well. That is all. And yes, I'm sure if he wasn't ok it would be on the nightly news. But it is hard to listen to the statement, and the fact that we haven't heard anything else and not think or worry that there is something really wrong. I apologize for being human and caring, but as I sift thru the threads it seems like many of us "hardcore fans " have the same concerns.

Exactly. After 3 days since the original announcement it really seems like the entire U2 camp have gone to ground. Not a reassuring word from anyone - fellow bandmates, PRs, McG, Willie Williams, Friday, Sam O etc. Equally not a word of bad news either. U2 have been a big part of my life for the past 23 years and I make no apologies about giving a s%$@ about Bono's health. Please someone say something.

I would love it if Paul made a statement that included our favorite phrase:

"I know all fans have many questions, primarily - IS BONO OKAY?" And then of course, tell us he is. :wink:

Yes, I'm aware of that, that was intentional hyperbole. I still stand by my earlier premise though that "he is fine" was implied by Paul's statement on Friday.

What statement by Paul? All he talked about was the tour that was disrupted because of Bono's emergency surgery and that after his condition was assessed they'd provide more information.

The statement about Bono recuperating at home was not attributed to anyone, didn't know that was a Paul statement.

So tell us about us "hardcore" fans? I hope the b man is fine I really do. Either the shows will happen sooner or later. It sucks for friends of mine who have major travel plans happening and now everything is up in the air. "BREATHE" people it will be fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom