Bono's Surgery and Tour Impact - Info & Discussion Here - Part 2 [update post #370]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am handling this one one minute at a time; 30 second of doing work, 15 seconds of checking the boards and 15 second of checking e-mail to see if someone has an answer for me.

Nah, I'm thinking just the opposite. If it were serious, I suspect there'd be leaks galore and it'd be all over the tabloids and the news, and we'd read all sorts of inflammatory headlines that I refuse to even type or speculate on in this thread.

The fact that we've heard nothing further leads me to believe that this was a routine procedure and everything is progressing normally. No news doesn't mean bad news. No news means that there is nothing out of the ordinary and there's nothing to report.

I think the docs cannot really say something definite at this very moment, but let's hope you are right.

I agree with every word you say here. Forgetting the tour for a moment I am getting worried about Bono that we have heard nothing 3 days after the initial, vague, announcement.

You have to remember that U2 are media masters and that they *always* bury negative stories. Bono getting hurt in an accident and having to postpone the start of a tour is, quite simply, "bad news" and I'm sure McGuiness has no interest in talking about the topic unnecessarily, just to appease fretting fans. Look at the vague subject heading on the McGuiness interview that was posted on U2.com last week: all it said was "McGuiness on today's news." Remember when Bono fell off-stage in Miami during the start of the Elevation tour? Principle Management went into overdrive, and had video pulled from youtube, etc. to be sure that the bad news didn't overshadow the start of the tour and take over the headlines. Similar situation here.

Yes, we're all sad about Bono but I'm sure he's fine, and even rock stars have private lives. The band will continue to make "bare minimum" announcements, just like they did when Edge's family illness impacted part of the tour a few years back. Fans were clamoring for info but U2 kept mum.

On Facebook,u2tourfans is reporting that Bono is back to Ireland.

.....for what's is worth....

they did?

Yep, remember? "This video has been pulled for copyright reasons" was the standard YouTube error message. It was amazing how swiftly they acted. The video has since resurfaced; they chilled out once the news had passed.

*claps hands like a schoolteacher* Pay attention, people! Good U2 watchers have to keep an eye on the details :wink:

Amazing how quick the video was pulled? Elevation was 2001, YouTube didn't even exist until 2005, I'm confused.

On Facebook,u2tourfans is reporting that Bono is back to Ireland.

.....for what's is worth....

On twitter, they also said the tour is shelved:

U2TOURFANS

U2 360 tour shelved as Bono returns to Ireland - We stress no news from Live Nation as of yet - Hold your tickets ! U2 360 tour shelved... | Facebook 39 minutes ago via Facebook

Then they changed it to this:

U2TOURFANS

Irish Central has reported that Bono has returned to Ireland - No word from Live Nation yet ! #U2 6 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Why can't places stick to reporting things factually? One of my pet peeves.

I think the reason we didn't hear any news during the last tour delay was because it involved Edge's daughter who was only what, eight at the time? She doesn't need to be in the news and I respect the fact they didn't plaster her all over the place.

That being said, yes, U2 are a very private band compared to most others, but this is Bono we're talking about here -- a very public figure. I imagine we will find out what happened and what's going on with his recovery one way or another. They don't owe it to us, of course, but I think it will be hard to keep it all under wraps for very long.

Yep, remember? "This video has been pulled for copyright reasons" was the standard YouTube error message. It was amazing how swiftly they acted. The video has since resurfaced; they chilled out once the news had passed.

*claps hands like a schoolteacher* Pay attention, people! Good U2 watchers have to keep an eye on the details :wink:

bada-bing :)

YouTube
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Redirected from Youtube)
YouTube, LLC
Type Subsidiary, limited liability company
Founded February 2005
Founder Steve Chen, Chad Hurley, Jawed Karim
YouTube is a video-sharing website on which users can upload, share, and view videos. Three former PayPal employees created YouTube in February 2005

The Irish Central is the same source that claimed he "fell" during rehearsals and that the whole tour will be cancelled. When someone from the forum sent a letter to the author he admitted not knowing anything and just speculating. So handle this particular "news" with a grain of salt. Also, they haven't said that Bono returned to Ireland, in the article they simply say that he "will return to Ireland" in a couple of days "to recuperate", basically repeating what Paul McGuiness has said in his official statement on Friday. So it's really no news.

Can someone copy and paste the article that says he fell? i havent seen that one yet.

that is what I thought. good, glad to know I am not the only one confused.

No.

I am the 3rd one!

Must have been another reason for the error message.

There are many videos of this, maybe it was an issue with one particular video of that performance?

I can't see Principle Management caring about a stage fall in 2001 negatively impacting U2's image in 2005 or later.

bada-bing :)

YouTube
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Redirected from Youtube)
YouTube, LLC
Type Subsidiary, limited liability company
Founded February 2005
Founder Steve Chen, Chad Hurley, Jawed Karim
YouTube is a video-sharing website on which users can upload, share, and view videos. Three former PayPal employees created YouTube in February 2005

:applaud::wink:

There was a video of Beyonce falling mid concert a couple of years ago that seemed to keep getting pulled from the web .... are you sure you're not thinking of that? :lol:

There was a video of Beyonce falling mid concert a couple of years ago that seemed to keep getting pulled from the web .... are you sure you're not thinking of that? :lol:

that was a funny one.

I wish Bono had Beyonce's body.... so he could recover faster.....:shifty:

This article sounds like they are just repackaging the same information...the headline is pretty alarmist because they make it sound like the entire tour is off but reading into the article, they don't know any more than anyone else.

What does "shock surgery" mean? :ohmy:

Probably just means unexpected, i cant seem to get on the article at work.

It's a tabloid. What do you expect.

I also don't think Bono would go to Ireland after the surgery because they have stayed in NYC for months now. Their house in Dublin is undergoing major reconstruction, they obviously cannot live there right now. Unless he moves in with Edge or someone else he'll probably stay in the South of France or head back to NY after being released from hospital.

I also don't think Bono would go to Ireland after the surgery because they have stayed in NYC for months now. Their house in Dublin is undergoing major reconstruction, they obviously cannot live there right now. Unless he moves in with Edge or someone else he'll probably stay in the South of France or head back to NY after being released from hospital.

goodness, you know a lot about his personal life!

They could have finished with the work at his house, every article suggests he will be going back to Ireland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom