Bono undergoes emer. surgery -- tour impact forthcoming!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I can safely say that we all are more concerned about his health, well being and recovery than the impact of postponed tour dates.. that is the feeling I get in here..

:sad:

I hope he's ok. This sucks logistically for many people I know. Back surgery is no joke, even in the best of circumstances. I have an idea that Anaheim and a few following shows may be postponed. Maybe Oakland as an opener? Isn't the claw already being built in SLC? :panic:

Claw was pretty much built, as rehearsals were slated to start Tuesday...guess they'll be tearing it down now.

I'm figuring on either Oakland or possibly Denver as an opener...

Spinal surgeries are most often done by neurosurgeons so this does not imply that Bono has a cord injury. If he has a herniated disc and a pinched nerve - which is the most common reason for back surgery / my dad had this -then healing will be slow and tough. Most folks have to go through months of physical therapy and strengthening exercises. Sometimes traction but not so much these days.

I hate to say it but the entire US leg of the tour may be in jeopardy. Let's hope not. But if B was in Munich to see doctors and they decided at this late stage to operate, then I have to believe that this was very serious- not something nagging that Bono could "play hurt" with.

Get better B.

Well this is pretty scary news. I hope Bono makes a full recovery. His health is obviously most important.

Did Bono have surgery on his back already (I'm thinking around Popmart era)? Maybe he aggravated it? It's not like he hasn't taken a few spills in his life. Hell, he did it right in front of me once! Hope he gets better!

maybe it was jack shepard that did the surgery?

if he can get locke to start walking again, everything should be ok...rite?

/lost'd

Spinal surgeries are most often done by neurosurgeons so this does not imply that Bono has a cord injury. If he has a herniated disc and a pinched nerve - which is the most common reason for back surgery / my dad had this -then healing will be slow and tough. Most folks have to go through months of physical therapy and strengthening exercises. Sometimes traction but not so much these days.

I hate to say it but the entire US leg of the tour may be in jeopardy. Let's hope not. But if B was in Munich to see doctors and they decided at this late stage to operate, then I have to believe that this was very serious- not something nagging that Bono could "play hurt" with.

Get better B.

I hate to say but I agree that I fear that the US leg could be in doubt. Its only 11 weeks till the European leg so that would give him 11 weeks to recover and for the band to rehearse. Yes we all want to see the next shows quickly but not at the expense of Bono`s fittness :sad:

His healing time will depend on the type of surgery and treatment.

He's in Munich, so odds are he'll be treated w/bull's blood, just like Larry's had treatments of for years.

Before anyone jumps to "omg the whole US leg!!" conclusions, we should just try and be patient and let the band decide what to do.

His well-being is the most important thing. I hope recovers fully, and soon.

Yeah, it's hard not to speculate wildly without actually knowing anything other than "emergency surgery" and "neurosurgeon," but ... uh yeah. It's hard not to!

Poor guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom