Barcelona I Setlist Party (and show discussion & thoughts) Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't listen to the clips. The audio quality is horrible and the people screaming into my ears are very irritating :huh:

MOS is a great closer. U2 have a tradition of closing with slow songs. MOS could become the new Bad. I'd love to have the Ave Maria snippet as well, maybe they'll add that later.

Btw, people on other boards are saying it was Bono's earpiece that didn't work, hence he got out of sync during One. Shit happens, they're human, and they have screwed up much worse before.

Example? Do you really think UF or UV will sound fresher and better this time around? I personally don't see the need to compare, but for people who like to, it strikes me as unfortunate that they people would evaluate a concert experience this way..

I Still Haven't Found wasn't there at the beginning of the Vertigo tour, and sounded fresh when it did eventually arrive. Running to Stand Still sounded better on Vertigo than it had on ZOOTV. Miss Sarajevo was stronger in 2006 than in 1995. Electric Co? The First Time? Gloria sounded better in 2005 than 1988. Etc etc etc......

A period of rest does seem to let them approach an old warhorse anew and remember why they loved it. If One tonight sounds half as dry, dead, impersonal and insincere tonight as it did every night on Vertigo, it needs a season off.

Example? Do you really think UF or UV will sound fresher and better this time around?

Fresher? Oh yeah. Fuck yeah. "Better" is an objective term that cannot be applied to music, so I can't comment there. But make no mistake, if One was played for the first time tonight since ZooTV, the reaction would have been markedly different at the show itself, and certainly here at Interference.

UF and Ultraviolet aside, this is a crap setlist :reject:

Zooropa and POP have been completely ignored once again :sad:

I'd drop Breathe, In A Little While, Vertigo, I'll Go Crazy, SBS, Pride, Walk On, One and With Or Without You and add gems like Mofo, Running To Stand Still, A Sort Of Homecoming, Gloria, Please, The First Time, Discotheque, The Electric Co, Hold Me Thrill Me ..., One Three Hill, etc, etc

But this is just the opening night. Usually U2 setlists aren't the best for opening nights

:wave:

i'm more tired after reading four setlist party threads than after any show i've been to over the years. not sure how you guys can do this every show.

i fell behind by as many as 10 pages sometimes...each time i got a call, fell behind...each time someone came to talk to me, fell behind.

my work filter blocked 99.9 percent of the images, so i have to go back and see what i missed.

caught 30 seconds of IALW on a co-worker's filter-free computer, sounded nice.

-dan

Zooropa and POP have been completely ignored once again :sad:

I'd drop Breathe, In A Little While, Vertigo, I'll Go Crazy, SBS, Pride, Walk On, One and With Or Without You and add gems like Mofo, Running To Stand Still, A Sort Of Homecoming, Gloria, Please, The First Time, Discotheque, The Electric Co, Hold Me Thrill Me ..., One Three Hill, etc, etc

But this is just the opening night. Usually U2 setlists aren't the best for opening nights

:wave:

Then thank God you're not in charge of the setlist.

Peter, great find, thanks! UV looks and sounds amazing!

I'm out of here, want to go into my first U2 show with a positive feeling.

i'm more tired after reading four setlist party threads than after any show i've been to over the years. not sure how you guys can do this every show.

i fell behind by as many as 10 pages sometimes...each time i got a call, fell behind...each time someone came to talk to me, fell behind.

my work filter blocked 99.9 percent of the images, so i have to go back and see what i missed.

caught 30 seconds of IALW on a co-worker's filter-free computer, sounded nice.

-dan

i don't remember it being this frantic every time....

Just because they're U2 doesn't mean we have to let them off easy. This is a case of tough love...

The setlist sort-of blows (that means bad/poor...). They had to play stuff off the new album - no problem - I will not address these songs. The rest is just the same stuff we hear every tour. Two exceptions... UF and Ultraviolet... congrats on that but it remains the same, generic U2 formula.

U2: If you're worried about not sounding like the greatest band (technically) in the world... we don't care. Throw in some variation. It'll make us happier, it'll make you happier.

Wouldn't it be fun... it'd take a bold, ZooTV-esque step...

Glad the tradition of setlist bashing is still JUST as popular in 2009 as it was in 2005/2006, and 2001...and 1997, and...

Give it up. That is what they played. This is not your band. You are not a unique snowflake.

I'll take that as a compliment. Thanks. :D

I changed my mind... :macdevil:

bonomatrix.jpg

You are the most predictable poster ever, and you would've posted this no matter what they'd played. Anybody who doesn't believe me can just see your post history.

ponkine said:
One Three Hill

Wow, I don't think my copy of The Joshua Three has that!

You are the most predictable poster ever, and you would've posted this no matter what they'd played. Anybody who doesn't believe me can just see your post history.

Wow, I don't think my copy of The Joshua Three has that!

Axver, may you comment the setlist and not post personal crap all over and over?
thanks

Wouldn't it be fun... it'd take a bold, ZooTV-esque step...

What? ZooTV had the most static setlists in U2 history. Unless you're referring to the general artistic adventurousness of the album it was promoting, of course. But ZooTV itself was choreographed and repetitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom