Auckland II - New Zealand Setlist Party 11-26-10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
at first i didn't understand a thing....
then i heard a HI, honey what's your name?!
i said i was calling from italy and he said oooh italy beautiful, then i asked him if he liked the coreography that u2place.com did at the gig in Rome on October, and he said beautiful...then i went ballistic...i still can't believe it...

i am in fact looking for videos or audio ... to be sure it wasn't a dream!
so PLEASE if someone find something let me know....it would make me really happy

That must have been awesome! AND I bet you will soon have video of Bono speaking to you on the phone from a concert. :hyper:

That is a rare fan experience. Lucky you!!! :up:

thank you thank thank you guys
it WAS AWESOME! i have to thank my friend that called me!!!
i'll never forget...! now the mad research for pics and vid begin......

i said i was calling from italy and he said oooh italy beautiful, then i asked him if he liked the coreography that u2place.com did at the gig in Rome on October, and he said beautiful...then i went ballistic...i still can't believe it...

so PLEASE if someone find something let me know....it would make me really happy
That's awesome.

_40 has the second-best first post ever (first place going to the guy who tipped us off to the NLOTH leak.)

I think you might only get new songs (and probably only one per night) only at the 2nd gigs in Sydney and Melbourne.

These are first-and-only stops for this tour. Setlist spots are at a premium. It's fine if you are in the US or Europe and possibly playing to a crowd with a decent % of people who saw you at least once in the last 12-18 months, and no doubt many who saw you more than once in that time, and getting at least two visits every time (with possible multiple gigs every time), but if you are in a city for your one and only visit for 4-5 years (perhaps longer - 13 years for Perth, for example) then it's a bit of a risk to go replacing Big Well Known Hit with a wobbly unknown North Star. I'd love them to be playing three new songs each night, but I get whey they're not. I do think that the well catered for Sydney and Melbourne will get at least one though.

Here's hoping :up:

OMG! _40 you have a right to be all :hyper::hyper:

I get a kick just trying to imagin something like that happening.
congrats - :up:

(oooh just saw a commercial for Spiderman/60 Minutes on Sunday got a kick out of that too. :D)

thank u guys
my friends that called me was amazing
i've been really really lucky
today it's Christmas for me!

i love the inclusion of scarlet (sans Jay-z) and hmtmkmkm; and an enzed show would not be an enzed show without one tree hill (especially in light of the tragedy at pike river) and, i even get the inclusion of pitnol (if coolian and khan were jumping for joy, who am i to argue :) ) . . . but really, for all bono's blather about taking risks and being brave . . . *does not want a greatest hits lets make up for lack of elevation tour set kthxbai* . . .:pray: please, some more pearls from NLOTH (nloth and breathe if you're asking) and go on, stun that casual crowd and ask them to stretch themselves just a tiny bit - bye bye ialw and walk on and helloooooooo boy falls from the sky/mercy/glastonbury/every breaking wave/north star

:twocents:

/ends whinge and settles back into voyeur mode

:wave:

:up: If they don't play any new songs, then I hope they at least bring back a couple of NLOTH tracks. I was really hoping I'd get to see Unknown Caller live...and it hasn't been played this year, which is a little disappointing.

I Also hope One Tree Hill hangs around...because its a fitting tribute song, and a bloody great track.

What an awesome pair or nights! Made so many new friends in the GA line and caught up with some old friends! Ga line on Friday was minuscule, 10 people at 11 am!

Great set and shows were amazing! Ultraviolet and hmtmkmkm were brilliant! Pride was a real surprise as was no boy falls from the sky considering the 20+ times it was rehearsed on Wednesday! Angel of Harlem and uteotw were also highlights.

In a little while/sarejevo and walk on should not be done two nights in a row however!!!!!!

My Mrs loved her first show on thurs and has now been converted! Told me that she finally understands why I do this and why I'm doing all 10 shows.

Thanks to Rosa, Matthews, DanRay, Bryan, Mirko, Wendy and everyone else that Ive forgotten for the last 5 days!

2 down 8 to go. Arrive in melb on Monday!

Hi 40 I was just one spot over from your friend Mirko on the rail and think I have piccys and video, at least of the begg bit where bono told you not to call him at the office ;) I'm just home after a day of flying and many days of no sleep so i'll check tomorrow and upload :)

Not to rain on the guys parade, but that's what Bono usually says when he gets a cellphone from a fan. I remember a youtube vid of a signing session outside the band's hotel in.... I thought germany or somewhere scandinavian... and a guy asked Bono to talk to his brother. He said the exact same thing, chatted for a short while and said he had to go and continued signing. Brian told the phone guy that "you just can't do that when there's a lot of people there".

oh yes, of course,
he can't drop everything and talk with someone on the the phone...
but i don't care even if it was short and already done...he talked to me...
still can't believe it!

not at all
my friend called me and Bono took the phone, and talked with me..he was really sweet!!!

very cool.
:applaud:

Back
Top Bottom