Auckland I - New Zooland Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
imagefromurl

I have literally no money to spend on Black Friday now since I got a few people gifts early, but I have SO MUCH FUN going. I find the entire thing hilarious, and I my family all goes together, and it's just a fun experience for me.

I have one of those crazy people stories to share though. A few years ago, my sister was trying to get a toy for our little brother, and an adult woman in like her 40s spun around and punched my sister in the face! Brittany was quite stunned by the situation, but we laugh about it now, because it was just so insane. We don't usually have people like that around here because its a fairly small city and most of the deals usually don't completely sell out until the end of the shopping day.

Omg, I don't know whether to laugh or be horrified!

Perhaps if U2 had gotten Care Bears involved in the promotion of NLOTH, it wouldn't have flopped.

Since no one else on the board knows what you're referencing, I'll share that story too.

I lied when I said that stuff never happens, because about 5 years ago, my step-dad was trying to get my sister the giant-ass Care Bear stuffed animals, and some old lady beat him over the head with her cane trying to beat him to them. :lol:.

Setlist:

1. Return Of The Stingray Guitar
2. Beautiful Day
3. I Will Follow
4. Get On Your Boots
5. Magnificent
6. Mysterious Ways
7. Elevation

amanidance.gif

SquirrelBounceBall.gif

showoff :tsk:

90WPM :drool:

< actually have no idea what WPM stands for but methinks it must mean super speedy internetz so am jealous all the same :p

Lila beat me to this one :lol:

Omg, I don't know whether to laugh or be horrified!

We mostly laugh, though at the time, just because I know my sister, I was horrified by the potential for an all out brawl between her and the lady.

Since no one else on the board knows what you're referencing, I'll share that story too.

I lied when I said that stuff never happens, because about 5 years ago, my step-dad was trying to get my sister the giant-ass Care Bear stuffed animals, and some old lady beat him over the head with her cane trying to beat him to them. :lol:.

I just assumed it would be a hilarious out of context remark that might get me sigged.

Also, he probably had it coming, Care Bears or no. :wink:

My mom did that once, and when Christmas rolled around the next year, she'd either lost everything, or forgotten who she'd purchased what for.

I've been doing it since either '98 or '99. It's a family tradition for the women in the family. We've got it down to a science, now.
Leave the menfolk and kids at home, go out at ungodly hour of 4am or so, shop til the car can't hold anymore, and go home. :lol:

Setlist:

1. Return Of The Stingray Guitar
2. Beautiful Day
3. I Will Follow
4. Get On Your Boots
5. Magnificent
6. Mysterious Ways
7. Elevation
8. Until The End of the World

VP & bono_212 :lol:

I've been doing it since either '98 or '99. It's a family tradition for the women in the family. We've got it down to a science, now.
Leave the menfolk and kids at home, go out at ungodly hour of 4am or so, shop til the car can't hold anymore, and go home. :lol:

Haha that sounds great. That's pretty much what my family does. We used to meet at 7 am, but some of us youngsters now go out at midnight. We all used to make matching search too, not sure why we haven't done that in the last few years. Anyways, we all meet at Big Lots and then go from there, finish up with lunch at 11. It's a great time.

Back
Top Bottom