Athens Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So you girls have known each other for years! Did you meet here or irl?

Bonocomet, my face has now turned dark green with envy after hearing you were at the Rose Bowl :wink:

I :heart: the DVD and watched it three late nights in a row with the volume turned up really loud, when I came home from Horsens and found out my neighbours were away on holiday, and that made me feel better :love:

Did you have seats or GA?

Gg and I met here at the beginning of us both joining here right around the same time. It's funny though how sometimes, even over the internet some people just click. :flirt: :D :hug: We really do need to meet in real life. Damned ocean! Someday hopefully. :)

Rose Bowl show was amazing. Just one on the those unforgettable nights and the added bonus of getting it forever on DVD was sweet. We were front of the red zone on Edge's side on the rail.

I do definitely want to go to California some day. :shifty: A U2 tour would be a good excuse.

:D And I guess you click quite easily with people just as pervertedobsessed interested in the band as you are.

beachball where are you in the world?

BTW I see you are still using your lovely avi (my daughter made for you I think right? I think I remember that, or at least sent you the pic) :flirt:

How many shows would I be able to go to if I were to make a short trip over there? :hmm: To see a bunch of big cities, San Diego, Anaheim, San Fransisco... perhaps Las Vegas as well but that's a bit far away...

ETA: YESSS MATTS PICS ARE UP!!!!
U2gigs.com photos � 360� Tour � 2010-09-03 - Athens (Photos by Matthias Muehlbradt)

Well San Fran is an entrire days worth of driving unless you flew between cities, but for sightseeing purposes San Diego, Anaheim, LA, Hollywood are only about an hour-2 hours apart by car. :hmm:
Hollywood has Amoeba Records... I could spend an entire day in that place digging for old u2 record treasures.

Vegas is closer... just a six hour drive from San Diego...

I do definitely want to go to California some day. :shifty: A U2 tour would be a good excuse.

:D And I guess you click quite easily with people just as pervertedobsessed interested in the band as you are.

"pervertedobsessed interested in the band".....ohai :wink:

GG=California.:cute:

How many shows would I be able to go to if I were to make a short trip over there? :hmm: To see a bunch of big cities, San Diego, Anaheim, San Fransisco... perhaps Las Vegas as well but that's a bit far away...

Well, there's 2 Anaheims, Oakland and Seattle and then you can end it in a trip to Las Vegas ....it's really not that far, 3 hrs from Los Angeles...
I'll drive :love:

Rose Bowl... memories :love:

Where we began....:heart:

Were you there too, Lila? I need to watch my DVD now :drool:

:wave: Me too.:wink:

BC..Lila....:cute:

Well San Fran is an entrire days worth of driving unless you flew between cities, but for sightseeing purposes San Diego, Anaheim, LA, Hollywood are only about an hour-2 hours apart by car. :hmm:
Hollywood has Amoeba Records... I could spend an entire day in that place digging for old u2 record treasures.

Vegas is closer... just a six hour drive from San Diego...

Ooooh Vegas. :hyper:

:uhoh: I'm not very confident in me driving a car in a foreign country though.

btw
:D Matt is still in Athens.
Twitter%2F2010-09-04_23-33-07.jpg

"pervertedobsessed interested in the band".....:eek:hai: wink:

GG=California.:cute:

Well, there's 2 Anaheims, Oakland and Seattle and then you can end it in a trip to Las Vegas ....it's really not that far, 3 hrs from Los Angeles...
I'll drive :love:

Well I'm not gonna make it over this summer, I was more thinking of next tour. Start saving now so I can make some sort of grande trip combined with taking as much U2 shows as possible. :shifty: And I heard the Cali crowds are great.
:D thanks for the advice. So who's gonna party with me?

Well I'm not gonna make it over this summer, I was more thinking of next tour. Start saving now so I can make some sort of grande trip combined with taking as much U2 shows as possible. :shifty: And I heard the Cali crowds are great.
:D thanks for the advice. So who's gonna party with me?

Do you even need to ask? :dance: :D

beachball where are you in the world?

BTW I see you are still using your lovely avi (my daughter made for you I think right? I think I remember that, or at least sent you the pic) :flirt:

I live in Denmark, one hundred kilometres from the capital, Copenhagen. So travelled to Jutland.. Bono calls it Djuelaaarnd in Stingray :lol: to see U2 in Horsens this year. Last year I went to Gothenburg for both nights. Those nights were my best shows :heart:

Yes, I remember you sent me the avi, because I had a boring one and complained I couldn't find any beachball avis :wink:

I'm not sure if your daughter made it for me, I think she had made it earlier.. and then you sent it!

So could any of you see yourselves in the beginning of the Rose Bowl webcast, when the cameras are flying over the crowd while Bowie and the intro is playing?

So could any of you see yourselves in the beginning of the Rose Bowl webcast, when the cameras are flying over the crowd while Bowie and the intro is playing?

my daughters friend who was watching live pre show saw us loud and clear as the camera flew right over our heads. I remember it too, I felt like we almost had to duck down it seemed so low! :D
But there is no way to see that part of the live stream any more so i guess I'll never see it.

On the actual DVD I can see us for all of like 2 seconds in a shot of Bono on the catwalk as COBL starts.

I live in Denmark, one hundred kilometres from the capital, Copenhagen. So travelled to Jutland.. Bono calls it Djuelaaarnd in Stingray :lol: to see U2 in Horsens this year. Last year I went to Gothenburg for both nights. Those nights were my best shows :heart:

Yes, I remember you sent me the avi, because I had a boring one and complained I couldn't find any beachball avis :wink:

I'm not sure if your daughter made it for me, I think she had made it earlier.. and then you sent it!

Ah cool :up: :D

Never saw us on the DVD, and supposedly a couple of us were seen on the YouTube stream, which, like bonocomet said, you can't see anymore... :shrug: We were on the outer rail, Edge's side, about where he stepped off of the bridge.

Never saw us on the DVD, and supposedly a couple of us were seen on the YouTube stream, which, like bonocomet said, you can't see anymore... :shrug: We were on the outer rail, Edge's side, about where he stepped off of the bridge.

Were you seen on the YouTube stream while Bowie was played or the live preshow like Bonocomet?

I think Bonocomet said they were seen during the live preshow, which no one owns. But some people have downloaded the actual show, including the crowd shots with the camera flying over.

I do have that but haven't watched the crowd too closely :reject: And now that we have the actual dvd I haven't watched the YT version at all. I think the best shots of everyone were preshow for sure since the crowd was the only thing being filmed, but that footage is long gone I'm sure unless someone recorded it all!

Beachball - I was told my daughter and a couple of friends may have been seen, but it was pre-show like bonocomet said. Never saw it myself though... :shrug:

Ok, too bad it wasn't recorded! I didn't see it live, because it was in the middle of the night here. Only the on demand show later with no preshow. I love the crowd shots before the shows, all the anticipation before a show - would have been nice to see you girls on my screen :hug:

Back
Top Bottom