Arlington Setlist Party - 12 Oct 09!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
is it true that bono thanked george bush for saving african lives?

it just never ends with these guys... what the fuck am i doing posting in a thread about a band that pisses me off so much these days.

Any u2 fan, even casual know the band has based there whole music career around politics, so what do you expect.

i really have no problem with bono thanking Bush for his efforts on Africa and Aids relief.

i really have no problem with bono thanking Bush for his efforts on Africa and Aids relief.

Neither do I, the truth is it's one of the few things Bush did right, it doesn't mean Bono supported everything else the man did.

Some people just get pissy when their rock stars aren't constantly complaining.

is it true that bono thanked george bush for saving african lives?

it just never ends with these guys... what the fuck am i doing posting in a thread about a band that pisses me off so much these days.

i was there, indeed he did, and the crowd response (not that it mattered) was positive.

To put this into a perspective that you should appreciate, Bono thanking GWB for saving african lives (while possibly detesting some of GWB's other policies) is kind of like u2 playing Ultraviolet and Zoomerang96 being appreciative of that while also rolling your eyes when they play "walk on", "stuck", "elevation",
"vertigo", etc.

You have to admit Zoomerang, saving people's lives is a good thing, and its a solid gesture to give credit where credit is due.

Im going to go ahead and back out of here now, because as much as i would love to talk about the awesome show i saw last night i really don't want to be involved in any useless political debates.

I was there and was wodering if anyone had a complete set list?

Breathe, Get On Your Boots, Magnificent, Mysterious Ways, Beautiful Day - Blackbird, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - Stand By Me, Stuck In A Moment, No Line On The Horizon, Elevation, Until the End of the World, The Unforgettable Fire, City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight, Sunday Bloody Sunday, MLK, Walk On - You'll Never Walk Alone, One, Amazing Grace, Where the Streets Have No Name, Ultraviolet, With or Without You, Moment of Surrender

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom