Arlington Setlist Party - 12 Oct 09!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there no one from the band's management or touring staff that would be around to help in situations like this? Was anyone even remotely connected with the band alerted? How does something like that going unnoticed?

I can't imagine they wouldn't have someone on staff that would be able to work with the venues and security.

(... although if that were the case, then I suppose everything in general would go a lot smoother during the tours.)

That's really crappy.

I feel so badly for everyone in that pit mess in Dallas. Venue security really needs to be properly educated on what is Red Zone and what is not. I hope that Bono and Co. make it up to the fans during the show.

Let's make a list of ways to make it up to the fans.
:hmm:

1. Anything from Pop.
2. Bad
3. ???? What would you request? :D

In DC venue secruity let the VIPs in first and by the time the GA was let in there was already 20 people on the front rail or in front of Bono's spot. The band's management or secruity yelled at the venue secruity for that

Is there no one from the band's management or touring staff that would be around to help in situations like this? Was anyone even remotely connected with the band alerted? How does something like that going unnoticed?

I can't imagine they wouldn't have someone on staff that would be able to work with the venues and security.

(... although if that were the case, then I suppose everything in general would go a lot smoother during the tours.)

That's really crappy.

That's pretty much what I just said in the gatherings thread. I mean, WTF there must be hundreds of U2's team there, cant they just ask them??

can someone recap what exactly happened?

Huge mess. Security tried to clear pit because, according to them, the pit is Red Zone. They started clearing pit from the back and called in cops because they lost control. The cops were threatening to arrest people who wouldn't leave. I guess it got resolved after about 15 minutes but people who had queued all day left the pit because they were afraid of being arrested.

Such bullshit. People were in tears, understandably. I would have been arrested because there is no way I would have left voluntarily.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f308/october-12-14-dallas-houston-196310-27.html

can someone recap what exactly happened?

People in the inner circle were asked to leave because they were told it was the red zone. The people tried to explain it was not the red zone, police were called in and arrests were going to be made to anyone who would not leave.

Huge mess. Security tried to clear pit because, according to them, the pit is Red Zone. They started clearing pit from the back and called in cops because they lost control. The cops were threatening to arrest people who wouldn't leave. I guess it got resolved after about 15 minutes but people who had queued all day left the pit because they were afraid of being arrested.

Such bullshit. People were in tears, understandably. I would have been arrested because there is no way I would have left voluntarily.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f308/october-12-14-dallas-houston-196310-27.html

that's bullshit. Those fans deserve their money back plus something else for the hassle of having to deal with the cops/security.

Stuff like this is so saddening. After waiting all day, and then having something like that happen.. I would probably break down and go home. I hope this makes it through the lines to the band or management because that is seriously not right.

Maybe all of them should have risked being arrested & protested :reject: I would have cried :sad:

LOL @ Kassandra

Has anyone spoken to anyone currently in the pit?

They should have all let themselves be arrested, and then the band could have come onstage and said "..... hey, where'd our fans go?"

Stuff like this is so saddening. After waiting all day, and then having something like that happen.. I would probably break down and go home. I hope this makes it through the lines to the band or management because that is seriously not right.

I can't imagine that the band wouldn't find out. I'm sure U2/their organization will not be happy to put it mildly.

I wonder if this will make it into Willie's blog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom