Amsterdam Setlist Party Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When they drop Electrical Storm, Unknown Caller, Unforgettable Fire and Mysterious Ways and you still can say this, you know the show was great.

I was thinking the same :D

Btw, a question to Axver - I was thinking, isn't Breathe the first opener from the second half of any album?

The other thread was getting too whiny, so I'm going to put my setlist graph in the setlist party for each show.

Link to initial explanation.

Link to file. - Updated for latest show.

U2 made it a little more difficult to put the latest show in there without disrupting the formatting but if it means more varied sets I don't mind in the least :drool:

I never realized I could hate a U2 song until Crazy--Who knew I could hate it even more when the live remix version came around? Lose this, please. I just hope they don't play SUC--the second U2 song I have ever hated, and even more pathetic than Crazy.

Holy fucking god, people.

Great show, and it was nice being taken by surprise by the set. UTEOTW was completely out of left-field for me, and Bad ... oh man, Bad. The live U2 song. To end a main set on Streets/Bad? Absolutely ideal.

Best gig of the tour so far, no question about it.

Great to hear from you - glad you are enjoying the shows. :up:
What other shows in Europe are you attending?

Lots of pics here: http://picfog.com/search/U2

Just watched UTEOTW, Bad & Elevation. :drool:

I think I agree with Axver (although I was not there) that this looks like the most dynamic of the sets so far.

Had they added UF to this list would have made the perfect show...

Damn, that Bad performance was killer, especially being the first time in a long time.

I'd love for a show to end Bad >> MOS >> full out '40', but it'd be too slow for the average goer.

Holy Shit...I work for 6 hours and they play the craziest set all tour

Bad, UTEOTW = :drool:

Oh come on. People can talk all they want about this show being different. But. it. is. not. crazy. Had they started the tour like this, everyone would be complaining about how this is just like a Vertigo show.

Easily the best two shows of the tour so far in Amsterdam. Not even close. Something about The Netherlands that brings out the best. That version of Bad rivals what I think is perhaps one of their best, which is the 1/10/90 version in the same country.

Looks like they are hitting their stride just in time for the Croke Park gigs.

Can't wait for Chicago!!!!:applaud:

Just got home from Amsterdam. What a show is all I can say. I'm broken, but it was totally worth it.:drool:

Changing the set list is all very well, but I'd be pretty pissed off if I had been to Barcelona, Milan, France, Berlin and hadnt had the chance to see Bad or UTEOTW, two of my all time favourites. Desperately hope they keep them in for Wembley but will be similarly pissed off if they leave out UC which I am so looking forward to seeing live.

I don't care if they played it 9000 times on all the previous tours... I'd still be happy to hear UTEOTW on any show this fall. :drool:

Btw, a question to Axver - I was thinking, isn't Breathe the first opener from the second half of any album?

Nope, though it is the first opener from the second half of an album for a couple of decades. Previous openers from an album's second half:

Boy: Stories For Boys, The Ocean
UF: MLK
RAH: God Part II

If I've forgotten something, it's because I've woken far too early after the gig for some inexplicable reason and am still horrendously tired.

Great to hear from you - glad you are enjoying the shows. :up:
What other shows in Europe are you attending?

I'd say the Paris shows were the weakest two U2 gigs I've seen (though the first half of both shows were very good), and Amsterdam I isn't particularly high for me either, but Amsterdam II ranks a good deal higher. My next three - and last three - shows are in Dublin and I'm quite optimistic that they will be something special.

I've just watched the videos of the "new" songs and loved them. Only thing I noticed is that Bono should go out on the bridges and the catwalk more, especially during Elevation and UTEOTW. Maybe he didn't because they were playing these songs for the first time this tour, but they are meant for some catwalk action.

Bono's voice on Bad is excellent :up:

Personally, I'd love to see this setlist for my next concert. I have seen UC and UF three times now and I wouldn't mind a set without them if I can have UTEOTW and Bad instead. Bad especially seemed awsome in Amsterdam. Of course they shouldn't drop the songs completely, I have a feeling that we will have more rotation from now on which is great.

But personally, I'm fine with whatever they chose to play. I just want to be part of it and can't wait for my next show.

A question: Did Bono sing much of "Drowning Man" and did he sing it at the beginning of MOS? Because I cannot find a video of MOS that also includes DM, so I guess he must have sung it before MOS. I'd love to hear it. Cannot wait for the bootleg.

I never realized I could hate a U2 song until Crazy--Who knew I could hate it even more when the live remix version came around? Lose this, please. I just hope they don't play SUC--the second U2 song I have ever hated, and even more pathetic than Crazy.

Very wrong. The Crazy remix rocks incredibly hard live, audience loves it, and SUC would make a great addition to this set.

Don't judge the songs before you haven't heard them live. You Tube videos and bootlegs just don't do the performance justice.

Just opened this thread, and very much looking forward to reading the reactions for Elevation, UTEOTW and especially Bad ... :)

Back
Top Bottom