All Southern Hemisphere tour information/rumours here please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
they could easily play SA in march and april then move onto mexico in late may then the US/Canada. even though reports said the 360 tour will resume next year in mexico city it could happen you never know. to me it doesnt make any since that they would wait 7 months before resuming the tour, it seems to be a waist of time.

it's kinda weird... I mean

MARCH southamerica
APRIL australia, NZ, Japan, whatever
MAY nothing... until the 30th

3 months?

they can do that in 1 1/2

it makes no sense.

it makes more sense

JUN JUL = NorthAmerica
AG SEPT = Europe
OCT NOV = ROW

I mean, if they come down to Southamerica, Australia, NZ and Japan in MARCH and APRIL... that's in the MIDDLE OF FALL/Winter

I assume that all tours try to make it in good weather, right?

They need extra time between legs to transport their stages. it took 9 days from europe to the US, just think what it would take getting it to australia.

I mean, if they come down to Southamerica, Australia, NZ and Japan in MARCH and APRIL... that's in the MIDDLE OF FALL/Winter

I assume that all tours try to make it in good weather, right?
March and April in Australia is late summer/beginning of Autumn. March 2009 we were still having 40 plus heatwaves here :angry:

March and April in Australia is late summer/beginning of Autumn. March 2009 we were still having 40 plus heatwaves here :angry:

Football season starts in March (AFL, Rugby League and Super 14) so there will be no major stadiums available through Australia for the time required for the claw set up. Not gonna happen.

Australia will have to be scheduled between October and February.

Australia will be late 2010, unless they've miraculously managed to slot it into February after initially being unable to (earlier negotiations had failed). The tour won't drag into 2011, it's a silly suggestion that, if I remember correctly, came from a media outlet's misinterpretation.

yes, i think that was the sydney morning herald, a nui te koa article. ridiculous. especially when you consider the the last two legs of the vertigo tour were postponed about five or six months and the tour was still done in two years.

I think they are trying for SA in March/April 2010 and Australia in October/November 2010. Makes the most since to me.

Yeah, safe to say Ashes aren't a concern. Pretty much any venue U2's likely to play will be fairly quiet come November.

It'll be a bit strange if they do South America and Australia separately, though. But this might mean a six leg tour ...

but... if it starts here in March... and they're supossed to play in Mexico in May...

they'll play here in Chile, Argentina, Brasil... maybe another one, who knows... and... that's 3 months for what... 6-7 shows?

for me, again, it makes no sense

Since when did U2 tour schedules make much sense anyway?

If it's either fit in South American concerts in March or not fit them in at all, then I can see why they'd do it separately if they must, since South America's a lucrative market for the band. And if it does end up being a separate leg, maybe somewhere outside of Brazil, Argentina, and Chile will get a shot at a gig, on the premise that more shows makes it more economically feasible.

They could easily play 12-14 shows in South America.

WHERE?

let's see

Santiago, Chile = 1 or 2
Buenos Aires, Argentina = 2 or 3
Sao Paulo, Brazil = 2
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil = 1 or 2

for POPMART there were 8 shows, Vertigo had 5

let's add PERU with one... that takes people off the other 3 countries

Chile 1
Argentina 2
Brazil 2
Peru 1

6 shows... that could go to 8

12-14 ? not a chance

I think U2 is a bigger draw than Madonna is in South American and she palyed 11 shows there on her sticky and sweet tour.

Buenos Aires X4
Santiago Chile X2
Rio De Janeiro X2
Sao Paulo X3

all sold out at 713,591 tickets

u2 could throw 1 show each in Lima Peru, and Colombia if they wanted.

I think U2 is a bigger draw than Madonna is in South American and she palyed 11 shows there on her sticky and sweet tour.

Buenos Aires X4
Santiago Chile X2
Rio De Janeiro X2
Sao Paulo X3

all sold out at 713,591 tickets

u2 could throw 1 show each in Lima Peru, and Colombia if they wanted.

Even assuming U2 is a bigger draw, keep in mind the 360 staging set-up dramatically increases the capacity of any given show, which in turn reduces the need for extra shows.

If we're really, really optimistic, I could see something like this:

Buenos Aires x3
Rio x2
Sao Paulo x2
Santiago x1
Lima x1
Caracas x1
Bogota x1
... and a gig somewhere in Central America like Costa Rica?

So there's 12. But ... if that ever happens, I will be STUNNED. I'll be impressed with anything more than what they did on Popmart.

Yeah you're right I forgot to take into account the 360 configuration, so here is my guess now...

Buenos Aires X2
Santiago Chile X2
Rio De Janeiro X2
Sao Paulo X2
Lima Peru X2

u2 seems to be playing a lot of paired cities and it is evident again with the Europe 2010 tour.

The band seems to be giving it their all this time around, with the dates and everything.
This is their biggest tour ever, and maybe their last stadium tour, and they know this. Finlandx2, Portugalx2, Turkey, Russia, Greece? Who would have believed this a year ago?
I'm betting that Peru will get a gig, just as I predict Japan will see dates in both Tokyo and Osaka, for instance. South Africa isn't out of question, either, in my opinion.

Yeah I really hope Africa gets a chance, they have plenty of stadiums they could play in down there too. They could play there during the Australian and Japan leg I guess.

WHERE?

let's see

Santiago, Chile = 1 or 2
Buenos Aires, Argentina = 2 or 3
Sao Paulo, Brazil = 2
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil = 1 or 2

for POPMART there were 8 shows, Vertigo had 5

let's add PERU with one... that takes people off the other 3 countries

Chile 1
Argentina 2
Brazil 2
Peru 1

6 shows... that could go to 8

12-14 ? not a chance
How about Belo Horizonte or Salvador in Brazil? Maybe Montevideo? And Caracas isn't a bad idea. (Maracaibo might be nice too.)

We might be able to discount this rumour of Santiago on 5 March 2010 ... I've been told there's a match between Chile and South Africa at the National Stadium on 3 March. U2 will need much more time than that to set up the stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom