UK Dates next Summer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
Now that we know more of the tour plans for 2010, what do you think the odds of u2 visiting UK for dates in the window between the North American dates ending (19th July 2010) and the first scheduled,at this point, European dates starting on (15th August 2010)

By my reckoning......that leaves a 3 week window in the schedule, and is the only opportunity for British fans to see u2 in 2010.
Im not sure I am too hopefull, as the band will maybe like to take a rest between the dates...not to mention the logisitics of shipping of the equipment to Europe etc.

Ok....Mainland europe.....happier now? Why do people nit pick? Uk is on its own, unlike anywhere else on the European Tour.

And...not to mention the fact i am in the UK....so there is little point in me asking if Estonia is going to get any dates on the european tour!

And...not to mention the fact i am in the UK....so there is little point in me asking if Estonia is going to get any dates on the european tour!

It's the distinction drawn between the UK and Europe. The UK is part of Europe. UK folk often* to refer to Europe as the continent and themselves as UK/Britain.

* I can't really say how often this happens... a German first made me aware of it. When I was in Scotland this Summer, heard it all the time (people standing in Scotland and referring to Europe as a seemingly separate entity).

The fact is, there is a fairly sizeable number of people within the UK who would rather not be part of the European superstate - that's probably why we'll never get a referendum on the matter.

It is also true that in straw polls under taken on the continent most French, Germans, Spanish and Italians regards themselves as Europeans whilst virtually no Brits over the age of 25 do. It is part of being an island nation ;)

And I would dearly like to attend another U2 concert here in the UK because I really don't think I can afford to do a mainland Europe trip next year :(

The fact is, there is a fairly sizeable number of people within the UK who would rather not be part of the European superstate - that's probably why we'll never get a referendum on the matter.

It is also true that in straw polls under taken on the continent most French, Germans, Spanish and Italians regards themselves as Europeans whilst virtually no Brits over the age of 25 do. It is part of being an island nation ;)

:applaud:

but I would like to say that I`ve nothing against any other europeans :hug:

Well, weren't there some Belfast rumours going on, something like Larry wanted to play Belfast or something?

whilst i would like to see UK dates myself - and Irish - and Dutch!...

Realisticaly its difficult see when they would be scheduled

Before the listed start in Frankfurt?
Well there are some pretty strong and reliable signs that Italian shows will be scheduled for the 4th to the 7th August. So UK would have to be late July/Early August. I don't think that there would then be enough of a gap between the end of the US dates and the start of the Euro leg.
After Coimbra? Quite possible to extend the tour after the Portugal shows, but stadium shows in the UK/Ireland in October? I know of 2 stadium shows been played after September in the UK. The Manic Street Preachers on NYE 1999 and Oasis/Foo Fighters in December 2005. Venue for both of these shows - Cardiff Millennium Stadium.

There are only a couple of gaps in the current listed schedule - between Istanbul and Munich and between Brussels and Seville. These gaps will more likely be filled by shows in Tel Aviv and Prague and Madrid.

So probably only a one-off show in either the UK or Ireland or The Netherlands to be announced, if any.

Well what do you expect from someone who comes from a country where half the population think they are french, despite the slight problem of distance?

Iceland's an island nation, they don't have the same issue... I suspect it also has to do with a sense of self-importance, right?

Do you have too much spare time on your hands?

And does anyone know if there will be any UK dates next year, and if not, WHY THE F*** NOT!!!!!

Now that we know more of the tour plans for 2010, what do you think the odds of u2 visiting UK for dates in the window between the North American dates ending (19th July 2010) and the first scheduled,at this point, European dates starting on (15th August 2010)

By my reckoning......that leaves a 3 week window in the schedule, and is the only opportunity for British fans to see u2 in 2010.
Im not sure I am too hopefull, as the band will maybe like to take a rest between the dates...not to mention the logisitics of shipping of the equipment to Europe etc.

I would like to know the answer to this as well. I am in the US (no boston area dates yet) and before i make plans to travel to other US cities I want to know if i will have england or ireland choices. Would love to see them at Wembley again in a heartbeat!!! :applaud::applaud:

I would like to know the answer to this as well. I am in the US (no boston area dates yet) and before i make plans to travel to other US cities I want to know if i will have england or ireland choices. Would love to see them at Wembley again in a heartbeat!!! :applaud::applaud:
As Bono said.....they were just in london....and theres NOTHING going on down there.....its all going off up in Scotland!!:wink::up:

I think it's about a zero percent chance. They're going to be in Italy the first week of August, and there's literally not enough time to ship everything from the US to the UK for concerts before that.

I agree, im not holding out much hope...but i think its shit if Germany, Spain, france and Italy all get revisited and UK gets ignored. Even the likes of Finland belgium and Denmark are all getting a couple of dates each. The whole UK (4 countries) only got 5 shows

Back
Top Bottom