U2 to play free show to mark fall of Berlin Wall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

one4u2

ONE love, blood, life
No clue if this has been posted already or if this is the right forum but WOW!

U2 to play free show to mark fall of Berlin Wall

BERLIN — Achtung, baby: U2 will play a free concert in Berlin to help the city celebrate 20 years since the fall of the Berlin Wall.

Music network MTV said the Irish rockers will perform in front of the Brandenburg Gate on Nov. 5 during the MTV Europe Music Awards

The show will be beamed into the awards ceremony at Berlin's O2 World arena.

U2 manager Paul McGuinness said it would be exciting to be in Berlin, "20 years almost to the day since the wall came down."

The wall fell Nov. 9, 1989, ending almost 30 years of separation between east and west.

U2's 1991 album "Achtung Baby" was partly inspired by the band's stay in the city.

Tickets for the show are available through the U2.com > Welcome and MTV Europe Music Awards 2009 :: 05.11.09 :: Berlin Web sites from 0800 GMT (4 a.m. EDT) Wednesday.

i'm confused. are they playing a full show or just one song during the MTV Awards. hopefully this is just a short trip and the rumors that they will be in Vancouver finishing SOA are still true.

i'm confused. are they playing a full show or just one song during the MTV Awards. hopefully this is just a short trip and the rumors that they will be in Vancouver finishing SOA are still true.

They will play for around 20 mins. Part of it will be beamed into the awards ceremony at the O2.

Great momentum, almost 20 years after the wall fell down. And great momentum to stimulate the germans in buying tickets for Hannover,Munich,Frankfurt...jesus, seems that those germans don't know what is real music... :)

closed_de.jpg

:angry:

got trough in the first minute,ordered two tickets and in the last action they kicked me out and after that site out of order, sigh....:down:

Haha, didn't see your replies.

This is so embarrasing, get your act together Eventim! :doh:

looks like the whole eventim site is screwed. not just the Brandenburg link

Wow, this is great! :hyper: Visited the Brandenburg gate this July, the day after seeing U2 live at Berlins Olympic Stadium, oh the memories this performance will evoke!! :love:

Edit:- People experiencing major problems getting tickets to this show through eventim.....no surprise there! :|

Went to the page at 8.45. Sale started at 9 sharp. Am trying since then.

These **** *****! :angry: What level of incompetency does it take? I logged in beforehand, went to the ticket section, selected two category A tickets, and needed to log in again. Then got into the fucking waiting room, after that fucking Internal Error, refreshed and lost the damn tickets! :angry: Of course by that time Category A was sold out already. :angry::angry: Same hassle with category B. Got slowly forward step by step to be finally told that the actual quantity (0) doesn't match the target quantity (2). :angry: Went back, all went fine, even got Category A again, made it two steps further, clicked the final link and now back to waiting room. The sale started one hour ago.
The main page now gives you this:
An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #97.a46cf8d5.1256720516.0

:angry::angry:

Sometimes not that bad, but eventim is pretty incompetent. Adding servers would be service, but mean less profit.

Two times I had my hands on Category A. Now I finally got Category B, but I'm pissed it's not A even though I was there in time and almost got them. That is so fucking annoying. Now I'm ending up in some far away corner due to their utter incompetence. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

ok this is getting a bit ridiculous now. I have never been through this waiting room until now. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom