U2 to play free show to mark fall of Berlin Wall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they took the wall down, then why is it on the front page of yahoo, msn, usa today, and about every other media source on the net saying that there was 6 1/2 foot wall blocking the view????

What a totally ridiculous thing from MTV to do :doh:

I read they do this to prevent hordes of people from blocking access to the buildings surrounding the area. I think it's a very bad move on their part and I hope it doesn't backfire on U2.

All the chairs at the starbucks were used to step on and watch. :D

If they took the wall down, then why is it on the front page of yahoo, msn, usa today, and about every other media source on the net saying that there was 6 1/2 foot wall blocking the view????

Because they are not taking such news down immediately. Probably never.

Where did the 12 foot figure come from, by the way? I was kinda disappointed getting there and seeing no such thing. ;)

Youvegotta be kidding me!! Shame on MTV, the city of berlin and U2 (if they knew about it)
How ironic and ridiculous

The city of Berlin? :scratch: U2 is playing the gig. All the rest doesn't lie with them. Maybe they asked, but in the end they are just there to play the gig. Drop it because of that? Seriously?

I think it was a little exaggerated either. Sure, there is some irony in the fact that such a gig would be blocked by a "wall" (which in the end was just a blinded fence). And it being a free gig and people in Unter den Linden up to Friedrichstraße being able to see it it seems a bit stupid. But all this talk about how symbolic and utterly bad and blah it was, honestly, is way out of proportion.

Yeah, media likes controversy :)

Good to know they opened the barrier when the gig started. I saw an extensive report about it on our national news last night and no word about the "wall". However, there was a front page report on the station's website titled "U2 gig almost turned into symbolic desaster" :doh: Not the kind of news you want to hear at such an epic event.

There's never been a wall. Just a normal fence like you find at every venue. And on one side, where a Starbucks, Dunkin' Donuts and bakery were located, they blinded the fence with plastic blankets. They took the blankets down when the gig started.

No one complained about this huge wall Pink Floyd put up 20 years ago. :scratch:

:wink:

Need to find this Olberman clip.

There was a concert, too, by the way, which was fantastic! :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom