Tour Dates Announcement on 9 March - U2360°

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screw stadiums...

Anyway, I will watch them anyway. I hope they come up with VIP seats like Madonna did.

Maybe directly behind Larry. If it`s possible, that you`re to lazy for work:hyper:
Here in Europe it is more stressed to get tickets, but I enjoy every minute fighting for it for an good result like GA tickets.

Fucking seats

Thanks Axver! :up:

By the way, did you know that your website is mentioned as one of the sources used for the free booklet (U2 & Nl) that we got in Netherlands together with the album?

you say it's stressed to get the tickets for show, so what are my chances for good seats when some other person which is amateur in buying tickets online is going to buy me them?:uhoh:

Here is a stupid fact.

Popmart Leg 1 = 30 shows
Popmart Leg 2 = 32 shows
Popmart Leg 3 = 18 shows

It was actually 46 shows in North America (you included Tibetan Freedom Day and a MTV Europe appearance in your count); but it's not a stupid fact given the info we've learned from Hot Press:

Music Week also quote Paul McGuinness as stating that details of the world tour will be announced on March 9, with approximately 25 shows in Europe and 25 in North America before Christmas.

So 25 shows in North America compared to 46 shows back in 1997. That's a lot less dates . . . but there will be more tickets sold per show with the in-the-round set-up.

I'm thinking we're going to have to spend a lot of cash unless we're willing to sit behind the band.

My hope is around $50 for upper level, $75 for mid-level (and GAs, if they stick with reasonable pricing for those), and $100 for lower level. I worry they're going to be considerably higher than that, though.

$50 is not 'cheap.' So, I hope the nosebleed seats are actually cheap. It will really make me want to go to the shows and see more than one.

Dancing my %&# off at a HUGE show like that could be fun if it is not an economic hardship for me.

The only 'stadium' show I went to was I believe their first in NA, at the Pontiac Silverdome--not a good place to see a show.

My concern with stadiums -- more than being able to see, which is unlikely -- is sound.

Will it sound good?

My hope is around $50 for upper level, $75 for mid-level (and GAs, if they stick with reasonable pricing for those), and $100 for lower level. I worry they're going to be considerably higher than that, though.

I have a feeling that 50-yard line low levels will be in the $200s at least. Mid-level arena seats on Vertigo were in the $200s. I'm afraid that "extreme tiering" will be extreme on both ends of the spectrum.

I thought the most expensive (non-scalper) tickets for Vertigo were like $160? That's what I paid for the one show I had actual seats ... was there a price level above that?

I thought the most expensive (non-scalper) tickets for Vertigo were like $160? That's what I paid for the one show I had actual seats ... was there a price level above that?

You could be right. For some reason I'm remembering our face values were like $220, but I could be wrong. I could just be thinking of what section we were in! :lol:

Weren't GA tickets on Vertigo $50? Why would they shoot up so high in financially troubled times, in stadiums? I would think they would stay pretty static this time.

Thanks Axver! :up:

By the way, did you know that your website is mentioned as one of the sources used for the free booklet (U2 & Nl) that we got in Netherlands together with the album?

Ooh really? Neither of us were actually aware. Don't suppose you could post a scan?

In Canada, Vertigo GA's were around $45-$50 CAD; top priced seats were $187.50 CAD including service charges (I recall buying 8 top-priced seats in one go, and it was just shy of $1,500 CAD, eek! And the guy behind me in the Ticketmaster booth line was still complaining that I was slowing things down by using a credit card instead of cash :doh: As if I'm going to walk around with $1,500 cash!!)

The only time I had a seat, I was lower level parallel to the tip of the ellipse, about five or six rows up--about as good as a seat could get--and I think even with fees it was around $185.

Given prices I've seen for Neil Young, Springsteen, Madonna, etc., I agree that well over $200 isn't unrealistic, as horrible as that is. And I do worry that the fact that both Neil Young and Springsteen's GA tickets were more expensive than U2's ($75 and $99) doesn't bode well for this tour, either.

I don't have any experience with U2 presales, but with presales with another band I see a lot, it's a mix of seats all over the place, so that you're not guaranteed the best seats just because you're in the presale.

I'm thinking we're going to have to spend a lot of cash unless we're willing to sit behind the band.

maybe not. i saw beastie boys in the round many years ago. the drum riser was in the middle of the stage, and the whole thing rotated every few songs. if the set up is really in the middle of the stadium, this would not be that hard to do.

I'm having ticket anxiety already. Sigh. Oh, 2005, how I've missed you.

amen to that

but :sniff: what about Australia? :sad: We always have to wait until the end of the tours and there's always rumours that they won't come here at all :scream:

Lucky country my arse.

this is where my ticket anxiety stems from . . . even heard one of my kids praying (as in proper before you go to sleep type prayers!) that they would tour here so that mummy would be happy . . . he he he, too cute

I don't thimk i will sleep this week. Way too much excitement!!!!!

I know my bags are already enormous . . . .and my eyes square from late night/early morning searching for all the gems out there

Just a quick question. When they put presale tickets aside for the people with subscriptions, do they put aside the good seats that are close to the stage?

i don't think fanclub peeps get good seats necessarily, think we just get allocated random seats . . . guess its really just a guarantee of seats (and can I say, after nearly missing out on vertigo, I'll take the guaranteed seats over none at all any day :yes: )

In Canada, Vertigo GA's were around $45-$50 CAD; top priced seats were $187.50 CAD including service charges (I recall buying 8 top-priced seats in one go, and it was just shy of $1,500 CAD, eek! And the guy behind me in the Ticketmaster booth line was still complaining that I was slowing things down by using a credit card instead of cash :doh: As if I'm going to walk around with $1,500 cash!!)

exactly.... tickets were in that price range. I didn't luck out getting the GA's but $187.50 got me 4th row, so can't complain!!!

Just a quick question. When they put presale tickets aside for the people with subscriptions, do they put aside the good seats that are close to the stage?

I can't say that I've gotten the "best" seats in U2 presales, but I have gotten seats when they've had a presale. So, it can be a good hedge against getting shut out of Ticketmaster. I've gotten GAs through the presales, too. I think they try to be fair with the presale seat locations, but it is all subjective, especially given how this tour is supposed to be staged.

Actually, the best seats I ever got in a presale were from VH-1 for Popmart Minneapolis--immediately next to the "B" stage, straight-on to the main stage--awesome!

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom