To my fellow UKers/Irish folk.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i need 2 tickets to manchester, so i need to know the date they go on sale ASAP so i can wait for hours on end on the fone trying to get tickets, i need real good standing/seats for my first concert!

I wouldn't even bother calling the box office. Surely the internet is the best option?? I wouldn't know though, I've only bought tickets off the internet.

I wouldn't even bother calling the box office. Surely the internet is the best option?? I wouldn't know though, I've only bought tickets off the internet.

Do both! Phone in one hand with a finger on <Redial>, mouse in other hand with the finger on <Refresh>.

Do both! Phone in one hand with a finger on <Redial>, mouse in other hand with the finger on <Refresh>.

And recruit fellow family members/willing credit card holders :up:

they better get the tour announcements out soon, my bands diary is filling up for the summer, im not missing u2, I will more than likely go to Manchester if dates allow, otherwise i'll have to go where i have a day free wherever that may be. :drool:

they better get the tour announcements out soon, my bands diary is filling up for the summer, im not missing u2, I will more than likely go to Manchester if dates allow, otherwise i'll have to go where i have a day free wherever that may be. :drool:

I'm just not getting tickets for other things yet... bloody annoying because I could be seeing Blur :grumpy: But no, I'd rather wait it out and see U2. And hey, maybe Blur will support them?! :hyper: :lol:

I live in Southport which is only about 1 hour away from Manchester so that's where I'll be going,hopefully they will play 2 nights again and it will be a bit later in the year than the last tour which although was magnificent:wink: it was too light when they came on stage so the lighting effects suffered.

hoping to go to London or Cardiff. After the Vertigo show in cardiff my dad took me to I always thought I'd NEVER try and see them twice as our tickets were 80 quid each! So I'm not going to say I'm going to go to both just yet, but it would be nice if the tickets were cheaper. Weren't they cheaper closer to the front or am I going mad? :reject:

anyway, would be great to see them twice, I know it's never really THAT different seeing U2 twice on a tour what with the setlists being very similar :wink: but it'd still be good to see them more than once!

Stroopwafels :love:

Especially when they are hot off the oven (if I can call it an oven!).

Omg you like Stroopwafels! You're a better Dutchie than me! :lol:

I still am a bit scared about the ticket sales.. because I've still no clue how I should order them and how that goes. I would order online, but I don't have a creditcard.

hoping to go to London or Cardiff. After the Vertigo show in cardiff my dad took me to I always thought I'd NEVER try and see them twice as our tickets were 80 quid each! So I'm not going to say I'm going to go to both just yet, but it would be nice if the tickets were cheaper. Weren't they cheaper closer to the front or am I going mad? :reject:

anyway, would be great to see them twice, I know it's never really THAT different seeing U2 twice on a tour what with the setlists being very similar :wink: but it'd still be good to see them more than once!

Hey I went to Cardiff. :hyper: I had GA, but I had such a shit experience being shoved and couldnt see bugger all, that Im going for seats this time. They are more expensive I believe, which seems silly to me. Did you have seats? If so what was it like? I just want to have less of a stressy shoving experience this time. :crack:

i was up in the second tier to the left. 80 quid. Was a gift from my Dad, but jesus christ it was expensive for a gig. It's the benchmark by which i measure all other gigs and nothing's come close. But yeah it was a good spot, had a good view I'll find a photo and show you later but the only problem was the sound I thought. Was good to see them live wherever I was. Didn't think you'd get much shoving at a U2 gig ;)

Sound was bad where I was stood at first, which was pretty much the middle point. Then I moved to the back cos I couldnt see anything and was just getting squashed. :huh: Sound was better for some reason.

When do people think its best to decide who (if anyone) wants to buy/swop tickets and for which gigs??

I think it was mentioned a few pages back - its easier to buy bulk for one gig than try and buy a couple of tickets for a gig here and a couple for a gig over there, so someone suggested arranging who wanted tickets for what and then swopping with someone who bought surplus tickets for a different gig.

Say I wanted to go see them in Manchester and London (for example), and so did you; I would buy 2 tickets for Manchester, you would buy two tickets for London and then we swop so we both then have a ticket for both shows resulting in double the U2 and double the excitement! I'm not sure how it would work but in principle it sounds like an alright idea.

:wave:

I haven't seen U2 outside of the US but am very excited to see them in the UK and around Europe (well hopefully of course).

If they played in Manchester I'd love to go but I'm going to be in the UK only from September onwards for uni, which looks like bad news considering by all accounts they're playing summer dates in Europe. :(

At the moment I think its looking like -

London x2
Manchester (hopefully x2 - it was on Vertigo)
Glasgow x1
Cardiff x1
Dublin x3

Does anyone reckon they may do Old Trafford instead this time? Just thinking that with the all-round seating they could get a decent crowd in there.

Does anyone reckon they may do Old Trafford instead this time? Just thinking that with the all-round seating they could get a decent crowd in there.
That's spot on,Old Trafford has a much larger capacity so if the band are only going to play one gig in Manchester it would make sense,or what about the other Old Trafford that is the Lancashire county cricket ground I not sure about capacity but Coldplay are playing there in September so it must hold a good sized crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom