To my fellow UKers/Irish folk.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GG. I will consider Amsterdam. :hmm: Never been there, would be interesting to go there and take a day before and day after to sight see. :shifty: Would have to give up London or Dublin to afford it though as i wanna do USA/Canada dates.

You definately should come. :shifty: me and Wild are going... sightseeing.

:whistle:

Amsterdam :drool: If the mainland dates don't clash with my A-Level exams I'm definately doing Paris... I suppose there's no harm in popping over to Amsterdam to experience some of the local delights :shifty: And seeing U2, obviously.

i want to go to my first U2 gig EVER in Manchester, as i know fine well they wont do Newcastle >(

You might get lucky this year :up: Maybe they'll do Edinburgh... oh my god, that'd be nice. In Edinburgh castle :hyper:

OK Amsterdam it is. :shifty: As long as i can get time of work. :pray:

Amsterdam :drool: If the mainland dates don't clash with my A-Level exams I'm definately doing Paris... I suppose there's no harm in popping over to Amsterdam to experience some of the local delights :shifty: And seeing U2, obviously.

QUOTE]

:lol: Local delights. :shifty:

:wink:

And yes we CAN beat the touts. I hope. :uhoh:

I am def. hoping to see a show in Dublin this year...now that i am living in Europe I have to experience a show in Ireland, for sure.

Speaking of european shows, I have a question for you guys that have gone to a U2 show in Europe before: how does it work in Europe with day-of TICKET DROP?? (maybe they call it different here).... Does it exist here at all? In North America you can always get tickets (at the venue box office) that day of the show - they are those extra tickets that were out aside before the sale... sometimes they might have only 30 of them available, but sometimes there could be 150. My friends and i went to Montreal last tour, no tickets in our hands, lined up at the box office at 6:30am and walked out at 11:30 with 4th row (Edge's side) tickets in our hands....

Woah, you're planning on forking out quite a bit of the whole Summer then :lol: How come it'll be a problem getting tickets from Slovakia? Won't you be able to access ticketmaster.co.uk/ie all the same?
I just checked the site and found out that I can buy tickets from here. I thought it was limited for UK/Ireland, I'm not very competent at buying tickets online

I am def. hoping to see a show in Dublin this year...now that i am living in Europe I have to experience a show in Ireland, for sure.

Speaking of european shows, I have a question for you guys that have gone to a U2 show in Europe before: how does it work in Europe with day-of TICKET DROP?? (maybe they call it different here).... Does it exist here at all? In North America you can always get tickets (at the venue box office) that day of the show - they are those extra tickets that were out aside before the sale... sometimes they might have only 30 of them available, but sometimes there could be 150. My friends and i went to Montreal last tour, no tickets in our hands, lined up at the box office at 6:30am and walked out at 11:30 with 4th row (Edge's side) tickets in our hands....

I've got ticket drop's for pop concerts in Manchester, UK when i was alot younger at about 4/5pm. Not sure if this would happen with U2 in somewhere so popular as Dublin as i have never seen them before and never tried for a ticket drop for U2 at any show i have been to. Am sure someone else might be able to give some better advice.

Ticket drop :scatch: What on earth is that - will call?

I just checked the site and found out that I can buy tickets from here. I thought it was limited for UK/Ireland, I'm not very competent at buying tickets online

Ditto that :| I think I'll be recruiting family members to ring up/do it on the internet for me.

I've completely forgotten the ticket selling protocol - when the UK/Europe tickets go on sale, will they all go on sale at the same time? :hmm: I'm buggered if they do!

Ticket drop :scatch: What on earth is that - will call?

Where any tickets that have been returned for some reason, card payment not gone through, complimentary tickets that are not needed etc are put on sale the day of the show. You can sometimes get tickets the day of the gig by queueing up till the box office opens and asking if they have any tickets available. Not sure abou tthis in Europe for U2 though.

Ditto that :| I think I'll be recruiting family members to ring up/do it on the internet for me.

I've completely forgotten the ticket selling protocol - when the UK/Europe tickets go on sale, will they all go on sale at the same time? :hmm: I'm buggered if they do!

I think a few tickets were staggered last time, not sure if that was just the US/Canadian dates though.

We'l try worry at the time. :uhoh:

If i get any spares though, if my PGP girls don't need them you guys/girls can have first chance. :)

If I can 4 tix for Dublin, I might only need 2, I'll definiltly post on here first if I don't need the other 2.

I'd be quite willing to help anyone out for dates provided they can't get the tickets, or say ordering 4 tickets for one date while they order 4 for another (and then swapping two) :up:

Where any tickets that have been returned for some reason, card payment not gone through, complimentary tickets that are not needed etc are put on sale the day of the show. You can sometimes get tickets the day of the gig by queueing up till the box office opens and asking if they have any tickets available. Not sure abou tthis in Europe for U2 though.

I think a few tickets were staggered last time, not sure if that was just the US/Canadian dates though.

We'l try worry at the time. :uhoh:

If i get any spares though, if my PGP girls don't need them you guys/girls can have first chance. :)

That seems a really good idea with the tickets... probably wouldn't want to go all the way to New york or somewhere and do it though :lol:

Hurrah for everyone being helpful :D

I'd be quite willing to help anyone out for dates provided they can't get the tickets, or say ordering 4 tickets for one date while they order 4 for another (and then swapping two) :up:

You get four for one dublin date Emma, I'll get four for the other one and we can swap :wink:

OK Amsterdam it is. :shifty: As long as i can get time of work. :pray:

:lol: Local delights. :shifty:

:wink:

And yes we CAN beat the touts. I hope. :uhoh:

:whistle: Well there's one local delight I'm aiming to show you for sure. Perhaps we could try some Dutch foods too.

Amsterdam is always fun. But although the city isn't as exciting, I really hope there'll be a meetup in Rotterdam.

Or wherever the concert will be held. :)

Well for a change, I have only been to Rotterdam a few t imes so I wouldn't be able to show them places. I hope it's going to be Amsterdam!
It'll be easier for me too, otherwise I'm going to have to stay the night in hotels and that's going to be expensive. I'd rather just be able to take the last train home around 1 am.

You get four for one dublin date Emma, I'll get four for the other one and we can swap :wink:

That's a done deal, Sir *tips hat* :D

Amsterdam is always fun. But although the city isn't as exciting, I really hope there'll be a meetup in Rotterdam.

Or wherever the concert will be held. :)

I absolutely love Holland, I'm in for a meet up there!

Even though I'm not a PLEABan so probably not allowed :sad:

Would be great to see the first and only interferencer I've ever met again :hyper:

(Even though you're not from the UK... :whistle: :lol: )

Well for a change, I have only been to Rotterdam a few t imes so I wouldn't be able to show them places. I hope it's going to be Amsterdam!
It'll be easier for me too, otherwise I'm going to have to stay the night in hotels and that's going to be expensive. I'd rather just be able to take the last train home around 1 am.

:shocked: For some reason Galeongirl I always assumed you were Irish!

Unless you are and the trains are just very quick these days :hmm:

The Feyenoord Stadium is much better for concerts than that Amsterdam monstrosity. So that's my reason for preferring it, even though it's also for me easier to go to Amsterdam. Still, I can take a train home all night. (nachtnet :bow: )

:shocked: For some reason Galeongirl I always assumed you were Irish!

Unless you are and the trains are just very quick these days :hmm:
:lol: Uh, I might have a reddish glow to my blonde hair but I'm fairly sure I'm 100% Dutch!

Stroopwafels! :drool:
(All the foreigners I know go mad for this)
Yes ,even tho I hate them. And we're going to the HEMA for a Tompouce.

The Feyenoord Stadium is much better for concerts than that Amsterdam monstrosity. So that's my reason for preferring it, even though it's also for me easier to go to Amsterdam. Still, I can take a train home all night. (nachtnet :bow: )

That's true ofcourse, but it's far for me. Are there trains from Rotterdam towards Almere in the night? :crack: Last trains from Amsterdam depart around 1 am I think.

Hi there, I'm hoping to go to Manchester, London, and hopefully a Dublin show since I've never been over to Ireland so am thinking it would be great to have a mini-holiday at the same time and check out Dublin. Really just as many shows as I can get/afford on my student budget!

Btw, I would also be very willing to do the buy/swap thing if anyone wants to buy more than they need for a certain date, etc.

How long after Vertigo Tour dates announcement went the tickets on sale? :reject:I'm absolutely new to all this concert stuff.

Neither am I. So we can create our own clique. :happy:

:flirt:

:lol: Sounds good, we'll be the 'Outsiders' :happy: And not just anyone can join our very privileged club :madwife:

Btw, I would also be very willing to do the buy/swap thing if anyone wants to buy more than they need for a certain date, etc.

:up:

Nearer the time we'll have to sort this out properly, when the dates are announced etc.

How long after Vertigo Tour dates announcement went the tickets on sale? :reject:I'm absolutely new to all this concert stuff.

I wanted to know this too... I hope not too soon, because if they're announced towards the end of this month and I'm on holiday I'm buggered :ohmy:

Dublin would be an amazing trip. I saw U2 there in December 1989 but it was cold, dark and miserable out and about then. It'd be a very different vibe for a stadium show in July.

The atmosphere and audience response on the Milan DVD looked amazing, and really makes me want to see some shows on mainland Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom