September (NOW 23rd) & 24 -- Giants Stadium (East Rutherford, NJ)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is unlikely they would play on Saturday for two reasons:

1. With 2 NFL occupants, it is likely that there will be a game there on Sunday, which means that Friday will be the latest day of the week for a concert.

2. The band has a policy now not to do shows on three consecutive nights.

This suggests that U2 may only do 2 shows at Giants Stadium this year and then possibly return in 2010.

New York second show ??

Hi all!
Anyone knows if there is any chance to add a 2nd show in NY? Does anyone knows if the Giants Stadium is available before / after the 24th of Sept?
I am trying to book my flight to NY as it is in an incredible sale from Australia but offer expires march 20th..
Cheers!

Looks like there's clear space in the tour itinerary for two extra gigs in New York.

I'll be at the September 24 gig! As for additional shows, I'd guess that they'll be back in summer of 2010 when the new, slightly larger stadium is complete.

that's the old info... there will be an actual rail station on the meadowlands property, a quick walk from the stadium it's self. it's not done yet, it's still in construction, but it's scheduled to be open by the time the NFL season starts in early september.

that, of course, doesn't gaurantee that it'll be open... but it's supposed to be open.

here is the correct info on the rail link for anyone who's coming from out of town...

meadowlands_railmap.jpg

MTA.info | Train to the Game

New York Giants / New York Jets NJ Meadowlands Sports Complex
Starting this fall you can take the train from anywhere in the tri-state region to and from Giants and Jets home games at Meadowlands Stadium without thinking about traffic, tolls, or parking. With a new train station beside the stadium and convenient shuttle service from Hoboken and Secaucus Junction, you now have many money-saving options to reach all the football action no matter which MTA train service you use. And, for the first time in history, Metro-North Railroad will run direct one-seat service from select stations on the New Haven Line through to Secaucus Junction, where you can connect with NJ Transit's Meadowlands Service to the Stadium ... all with one, convenient combination ticket.

large_viewfromabove.jpg

560.jpg

:wave:

if
i'm lucky nough
to get a tix ( 2 or 3 for extra shows) then, of course I am there! :hyper::heart::hyper::drool:

I could put together enough for 3 30$ tix OR 1 GA & 1 30$

of course I WANT TO be close, but i just don't have the money :( -- unless a miracle comes up, so i'm not completely ruling that out :lol: either !

I was up there in the ealges nest for ZooTV but i was glad to have gotten sears at all! As during the nasty resession of 91/92 & half of 93 ( :madspit: under paid & under worked) my friends lent me the money for the ZTV show..

Quick Q: Has anyone ever had problems lining up really early for a concert at this stadium? I plan on being dropped off about 10 p.m. the night before, and if someone tries to kick me out, we will have no place to go.

Quick Q: Has anyone ever had problems lining up really early for a concert at this stadium? I plan on being dropped off about 10 p.m. the night before, and if someone tries to kick me out, we will have no place to go.

Well if I am able to go I will be the night before as well so news expected for NY locals if camping is allowed at Giants Stadium???

I assuming parking with be a b*tch at this show, due to all of the construction that was there. The last time I was at a show there May '05 Vertigo @ the arena. They handled the GA pretty well.

I don't know if I'd want to be dropped off their overnight. There is nothing I mean nothing anywhere near there for convenience purposes. Plus with all of the construction I would assume they probably don't want random people walking around due to safety issues....

The only problem I had on the last tour was that they wouldn't let us camp out for GA.

i hope that my good friend Patrick gets some tickets for East Rutherford.....and Boston...

11-07-2009 Parijs Stade De France (GA)
12-07-2009 Parijs Stade De France (GA)
21-07-2009 Amsterdam ArenA (seats)
14-08-2009 London Wembley Stadium (GA

True. I slept better, but I don't mind sleeping outside. I bring a foam mattress, so its not a comfort thing.

7am
drove because there is a highway in between
closer to the front

This doesn't mean they won't let us camp out this time. We'll just have to see what happens. They also didn't let the first 1/3 of the line bring a camera in till they got it straightened out that we could.

7am
drove because there is a highway in between
closer to the front

This doesn't mean they won't let us camp out this time. We'll just have to see what happens. They also didn't let the first 1/3 of the line bring a camera in till they got it straightened out that we could.

thanks for the answers. you didn't happen to ask the first 10 people in line what time they showed up, did you?

thanks for the answers. you didn't happen to ask the first 10 people in line what time they showed up, did you?

i'm just a little worried that if they do kick people out, I won't have anywhere to go. If I did this, I would get dropped off by friends of my mom who live in Manhattan, and then I wouldn't be able to call for a ride back.

:hmm: There is the hotel cross the street. It's a Sheraton. Jot down the number before you go, just in case, and if they kick people out call for a room.

I was #12 on the 18th. There was a group of people that showed up around 6ish. We were starting the line, then a group of people who said they were sleeping over at Giants Stadium came over and said they were the start of the line. So there was some hub-bub, (since I was #1), but who cared anyways. It all depended on whether or not you got buzzed in...

So,.. the other people really fought for it since they though that #1 in line automatically got in. Well, she didn't and n either did the people she was with. She just stood there dumb-founded like what just happened. It was rather funny. I didn't get buzzed in, but the person I partnered with ( I was alone) got buzzed in. But she was back in like 90th in line. So I had to go back out, get my wristband and come back in. Still managed front rail between Bono and Adam...

They handed out wristbands in numerical order and went by those when letter you in. I got there around 12-1pm on the 17th and I think I was like 95th in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom