September 30, 2010 - Olympic Stadium - SEVILLE goers important message!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Galeongirl

Galeonbroad
From U2.com

Due to the scheduled general strike in Spain, on September 29th, U2 promoters have today announced that the date for the U2 concert in Seville, currently set for that same day will be postponed to September 30th.

Although the specifics of the strike have not been announced, in the past the strike has affected security services, public transportation, cleaning as well as medical and hospital services which are all integral to the running of the concert. As a result, the promoters cannot guarantee U2 fans will have the best possible experience at the Seville concert. Therefore the Seville show scheduled for September 29 will now take place on THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 30th.

All tickets purchased for the September 29th performance will be honoured at the September 30th show. Fans wishing to purchase tickets for the new show may do so at Ticketmaster network.

The U2 360° Tour will arrive in Spain on September 26th at the Anoeta Stadium in San Sebastian and September 30th in Seville's Olympic Stadium - with special guest Interpol in both cities.

There's still time to get tickets through the usual outlets of Ticketmaster network, on 902 15 00 25 and online at Entradas para conciertos, festivales, clubbing. Página oficial de Ticketmaster. Fans unable to attend the rescheduled performance must return their tickets to point of purchase before the 10th September.

Hey, maybe somebody is going after the Seville show to the Portugal and have some space in the car for couple from Poland:love: We can participate in gasoline costs. Send me PM:wave:

we have also 4 people, (from Poland too) we bought the ALSA bus, but it looks like we won't make it to the bus :(
so maybe there is any FAN ORGANIZED BUS from Seville to Coimbra with spare places? haha:) there is 6 of us already ;) I imagine there is a lot more people facing the problem afther Seville reschedule.

I said to someone just the other day that an enterprising U2 fan should organise some coaches from Seville to Coimbra. I reckon the demand is there for someone to make a nice wee profit.

is there a train that runs from the centre of Seville to the stadium and does anyone know what time the trains run to at night?

is there a train that runs from the centre of Seville to the stadium and does anyone know what time the trains run to at night?

on google maps you can see that there is RENFE station, they even mention it on maps of the stadium surroundings but no one replys to questions... I start to dislike Spain :(

I hate spain! We have today arrived in seville to be told that the concert date has been changed to the day we leave WTF!!! But worse is that FNAC wont refund our tickets! And its impossible to get thru to ticketmaster and no one speaks english! This is a 3rd world country full of pickpockets and thieves and doesnt deserve to be in the EU!

Wow! Sorry to hear you're having problems with attending the concert, and also that you've had such a negative experience in Spain so far. That does surprise me a lot.

I'm currently in Spain too, and I absolutely LOVE the place. I've just spent a few lovely days in Zaragoza, Pamplona and San Sebastian. I'm staying in Bilbao tonight and have just had a glorious walk around this stunning city at night.

The concert date change was announced on U2.com, and was then all over the U2 fan sites and Twitter in minutes, which you obviously missed.

Did you buy the tickets from FNAC online or in person at a shop? If it was online then they should have sent you an email. If it was in person then I've no idea what procedures they had in place to inform customers of the date change.

If you can't stay for the show then you could always sell the tickets outside the stadium. Are they GA tickets? If so, you should have no problems selling them. Although I know this won't make up for not seeing the gig.

(As an aside, I wonder how easy it would be to find a Spanish speaker working for a ticket agency or Ticketmaster in the UK?)

I've been to Seville before and it's a gorgeous city with a wonderful vibe. Free tapas with every beer helps :)

Anyway, hope things work out for ya ...

I had a ticket for Seville when i thought I might be going and when they announced the postponement and offered refunds I took advantage and got a refund immediately from Ticketmaster Spain.

Is anyone driving from Seville to Cordoba after the concert and has space in their car for 2 people? This is the only way we can go to the show, because we have train tickets from cordoba and flights home on the 1st october

what a nightmare - i bet loads of people have been caught out by the late reschedule...

How do we get from seville to cordoba after the concert? Are there special busses?
BTW DONT EVER BUY TICKETS FROM TICKETMASTER - THEY ARE CON MEN! CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NON EXISTANT! THEY RIP YOU OFF

Unfortunately Ticketmaster are the only ticket sellers for many of the concerts.

Do you fly home the day of the concert or the day after? You've said both!

If it's the day after then you should go to a tourist information office in Seville. They should speak English and have all the public transport information you need. FNAC may have information about special post-concert buses to Cordoba. Or ask on a Spanish forum like U2valencia.com.

There's a U2 party in a bar at 5 Calle Munoz Leon tomorrow. You could also ask people there if there's any transport to Cordoba after the show.

Thanks for the replies. We'll prob check out the u2 party, if we can overcome the sadness! Its my bf's birthday on the 29th and this was suposed to be a treat :-( We have train tickets to cordoba early morning on the 30th and hotel prepaid in cordoba for that night. Then we leave cordoba strait for madrid airport on the morning of the 1st. So if we can get to cordoba before 11am on the 1st then we r saved. But its a horrible feeling being here so close., an yet so far away ;-(

Thanks for the replies. We'll prob check out the u2 party, if we can overcome the sadness! Its my bf's birthday on the 29th and this was suposed to be a treat :-( We have train tickets to cordoba early morning on the 30th and hotel prepaid in cordoba for that night. Then we leave cordoba strait for madrid airport on the morning of the 1st. So if we can get to cordoba before 11am on the 1st then we r saved. But its a horrible feeling being here so close., an yet so far away ;-(

can you hire a car??

and that's out of order, hows your Spanish?

Sadly my Spanish (which is totally crap, only 2 years of it at school) is better than most Spaniards English(!) but not good enough to explain "give me the effing U2 tickets that I paid hard earned bucks for so I can freeking sell them to someone else and then get the hell back home!!"

Otherwise I speak French, German, Swedish and the other scandi languages. For a native English speaker, pls don´t go on at me about not being able to speak a foreign language :)

ps. 5 of my colleagues were robbed in Barcelona - all on separate occassions.
We had a close escape in Madrid. Not nice.

ps2. If Spain wants to remain in the EU then they have to accept the austerity measures that their government has presented. This nationwide strike is bringing miserey to hundreds of thousands of travellers and does nothing for the country´s reputation. They can´t sit back and expect more handouts from Brussels

For a native English speaker, pls don´t go on at me about not being able to speak a foreign language :)

Very, very true. But you know that if English wasn't such a world language then its speakers would make more effort to learn other languages. Needs must and all that. As you yourself show, English is the language that travellers (including non-native English speakers) use and expect to be understood everywhere. Therefore English speakers don't have much motivation to learn a foreign language. If they needed to, they would learn foreign languages. How easy is it to find a Spanish speaker in Sweden compared to an English speaker in Spain?

ps. 5 of my colleagues were robbed in Barcelona - all on separate occassions.
We had a close escape in Madrid. Not nice.

The only time (touch wood) in many years of travelling, and drinking myself into many potentially dangerous situations, in many countries that I have had any problem was in Barcelona when I had two blokes try to pickpocket me. But I wouldn't launch into a fairly offensive rant about the country and the people here because of that though.

ps2. If Spain wants to remain in the EU then they have to accept the austerity measures that their government has presented. This nationwide strike is bringing miserey to hundreds of thousands of travellers and does nothing for the country´s reputation. They can´t sit back and expect more handouts from Brussels

Oh, a political discussion on a concert thread! How exciting!

I fully back the strike here in Seville today. I don't feel like it's brought me any misery at all. In fact, I had some very nice Spanish food earlier and will enjoy some very nice Spanish beer at the party later (hope to see ya there! Look for the 'Me & U2' logo on my T-shirt!) There was a lot of advance notice about the general strike so I would suspect tourists would have made plans accordingly.

Very pleased to hear you're going to stay for the concert! Hope it's even more special for ya now too cos of the probs you've had with the arrangements!

IsDinnerReady, if you hate Spain so much, why did you travel there?

I understand the strike is annoying, but you're generalizing things here and are jumping to some very gross conclusions. I've been in Spain many times and I have had so many great experiences.

I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles, but your ranting on about Spain is just ridiculous and really insulting to Spanish people.

U2 loves the Spanish audience and I'm sure it will be a great show :up:

IsDinnerReady, I don't think it is lack of knowledge on your language what keeps blocking the doors for you in Spain, it's your attitude. You and only you are responsible for your actions, if you didn't check your mail and didn't get the news of the change of date, it is your fault, not the Spanish, you could have changed your flight or asked for a refund before the 10th of September and now you are ranting and insulting people in another country, calling them ignorant, pickpockets, etc., still you expect them to help you, why? what are your merits? 'cause I can't see any.

IsDinnerReady, when I started to read you first post I was thinking about phoning someone in Seville and see if they could help you, but unfortunately I read all you had to say and no, I'm not doing it, maybe you speak many languages, but nobody taught you manners.

Um, where do I start... I just want to say that the concert in Sevilla was TOTALLY AMAZING!! And the people around us were sooo nice!!!!! Laid back, happy and really friendy. No pushing & shoving etc (we were in the pit, even though we turned up "late" at around 7pm). I'm so glad we went!

I can't believe I wrote what I wrote earlier on here, that was a horrible generalisation. I was freaking out and frustrated about not getting our U2 tickets, about the strike and concert date change and Ticketmaster (who incidentally never sent an email regarding the date change) and having no place to stay, having to re-book transport, standing in endless queues, etc. We had booked, planned and paid for everything months in advance... I don't use Twitter and the like, don't know any Spanish U2 fans, and did not think to check this site for concert info, so didn't hear about the date change :banghead:

Again, I'm very sorry if I offended any Spanish people.:reject: Sevilla was beautiful!!! Now I've learnt not to write when in a bad mood and I’ll never forget what “cambio fecha” means!!... As far as strikes go (don't want to start a political debate here) but I think that no matter how good the cause, I'm not for going on strike if it's going to make innocent people suffer...

So, that's my 2 pence... (Can anyone delete my posts??)

Thanks for updating us, and I think it's great that you had a great time and decided to stick around for the show!!

No need to delete any posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom