September 3, 2010 - Olympic Stadium, Athens, Greece

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was there last year for Madonna

It is not far from the city centre by metro

there was night line after the show

How far out is it? How long would it take to get there from central Athens?

Good news about the night line service. :up: Is it likely they will run this after U2?

Whats the area around the stadium like? Are there places to get food and drink from throughout the day?

Sorry for all the questions. :reject: Thanks for any help from anyone who replies. :)

SNOW PATROL will support :applaud:

:drool::drool::drool::hyper::hyper::combust:

I'm so excited about this. :hyper:

Me too. :faint:

How far out is it? How long would it take to get there from central Athens?

Good news about the night line service. :up: Is it likely they will run this after U2?

Whats the area around the stadium like? Are there places to get food and drink from throughout the day?

Sorry for all the questions. :reject: Thanks for any help from anyone who replies. :)

I am sure they will run , me and my friends stayed a lot after the end of the concert buying merchandise, taking pictures and yet after we got to the metro station, the train arrived in a few minutes :up:
Our hostel was very central, close to the Acropolis, the trip was 25-30 minutes.
The stadium is in an olympic centre, everything was perfectly organised - they sold drings, snacks...Lots of toilets
So nothing to worry about, and most of all the greeks are an amazing audience, this will be an amazing experience :applaud::applaud::applaud:

I am sure they will run , me and my friends stayed a lot after the end of the concert buying merchandise, taking pictures and yet after we got to the metro station, the train arrived in a few minutes :up:
Our hostel was very central, close to the Acropolis, the trip was 25-30 minutes.
The stadium is in an olympic centre, everything was perfectly organised - they sold drings, snacks...Lots of toilets
So nothing to worry about, and most of all the greeks are an amazing audience, this will be an amazing experience :applaud::applaud::applaud:

Thanks for the replies. :)

The Olympic Centre sounds great. Lots of toilets is awesome for GA'ers. :up: Sounds like an awesome venue. :drool::D

I can't wait. :hyper::hyper::hyper:

hope situation at Athens will be fine soon...

True. My dad is meeting me in Athens and he's concerend about the situation over there. I hadn't put much thought into it to be honest but today I saw on the news how three people died in a fire(started by protestors) in a bank. As well as a bombing that happend about a month ago. I know the economy is in the shitter but I would imagine things will be ok. I hope. As long as it stays safe I'm going but to be honest if the enviorment isn't safe, as great as u2 is I'm not willing to put my self in that situation.

it's dangerous now in Greece, think it will change in 4 months though

otherwise they might cancel the show? who knows

HI ALL!
Will be in Athens and plan on going to the show but does anyone have any idea what the VIP Package is, or what is included or where the seats are? TicketPro's website does not give any info and I know Interferencers are pretty much tuned into what is going on! Any info would be great! Thanks again! :cute:

I'm getting super excited for this show... it was going to be my last show of the tour before Bono's back injury but now it is going to be my first of the next leg. I can't wait!

I'm getting super excited for this show... it was going to be my last show of the tour before Bono's back injury but now it is going to be my first of the next leg. I can't wait!

Same here! It was going to be my last 360 show.

I'm not only excited to see U2, but I'm excited to explore Athens with one of my best friends too. We're staying until the 5th. I can't wait to experience the Acropolis, the history, and the food and wine of Athens. :hyper: Oh and ouzo shots too. :drunk:

:hyper::hyper: happy dance happy dance :hyper::hyper: flight to Athens is confirmed! Tickets have been bought! Please let the next 64 days go by quickly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom