September 29th ---- FedEx Field ---- Washington, DC (Landover, MD)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Wahoooooo!!!!!!!!

My fingers are crossed that Section 105 isn't obstructed by the damn Claw....:pray:

Also hoping that they come back around to play Verizon Center next leg...

Any non-GAers want to get together for dinner beforehand?

I maybe getting tickets, but I am doing GA. I'll know by tomorrow night.

Any non-GAers want to get together for dinner beforehand?

I'm up for it, time permitting. It might be a zoo though - I think starting time is listed as 7. The club level has some decent sit down places. I'm in the red zone auction, and have GAs as backup.

btw - they don't let cabs on the stadium property for games - not sure if it is different for concerts.

Now I'm sad that I'm not doing GA for this one. :sad: Especially since I have no idea if my Section 105 tickets will be blocked by the Claw. I'll be massively pissed if the seats they sold to Horizon members were friggin' obstructed view seats.

Fingers MAJORLY crossed that they come back around in a 3rd or 4th leg, and preferably arenas...:yes:

Did anyone else get the VIP package?
My seats are in section 120, row 26, seats (10, 11, 12).

I'm looking to meet some fellow U2 fans during the reception before the show.

:wave:

:wave: GA here too.

If y'all know anyone who might trade GA's for seats, I want to take my father who'll no doubt appreciate having a seat. I'll post in the trade section too, but thought I'd throw it out here and send greets to other DC metro folksters.

:wave:

Just got my GAs. I'll be there! :hyper:

I don't think I'll be lining up (taking my dad, and he doesn't quite have the stamina for it), but I couldn't imagine getting seats for this show. The stadium looks massive and everything looks so far away. I'll probably just be hanging out at the back of the field.

I'm driving down from Jersey. I have to work on Monday night, so I can just go down 95 to get there

Can't decide if I'm going to pull the trigger on Washington tickets...

I'm supposed to be in college next fall, so leaving for 2 Boston, 2 NYC, 1 Charlottesville, and now a Washington DC show might be a bad idea...:hmm:

Maybe he'll stand next to me in the Red Zone. :love:

We're planning on taking the metro to the concert. Is this a terrible idea?

I would too, but I'm coming from Jersey, so I have no choice but to drive. I'm also going to the Charlottesville show 2 nights later and have to drive there too.

I'm flying in from California (well, actually Cleveland, since I'm making a quick stop there for my friend's wedding a few days before the concert), but I'm meeting my dad in DC and he's driving. We'll have his car, but we don't really want to drive to the concert. We're thinking about leaving the car at the hotel to avoid some unnecessary stress.

We're going to the Charlottesville show, too. It'll be an exciting week.

Me too. I'm going to get a hotel in the DC area and spend the night after the DC show and go down to Charlottesville the next day

I'm looking to avoid parking and traffic hassle, though.

A friend who I meet up with at Redskins games takes the metro to Fedex Field (e.g. on Sundays). I drive. He has said the metro car is packed like sardines for the last few stops. And the concert is during the week, with a rush hour crowd. Before rush hour is probably better for metro. I'm going to drive, but I might park in a private lot 15 minutes walking away to avoid the backups in the lots. I've never parked in the stadium lots. There are several exits from the stadium to the beltway, etc. though.

A friend who I meet up with at Redskins games takes the metro to Fedex Field (e.g. on Sundays). I drive. He has said the metro car is packed like sardines for the last few stops. And the concert is during the week, with a rush hour crowd. Before rush hour is probably better for metro. I'm going to drive, but I might park in a private lot 15 minutes walking away to avoid the backups in the lots. I've never parked in the stadium lots. There are several exits from the stadium to the beltway, etc. though.
Thanks for the rush hour tip. I think we'll go a couple hours early to avoid the rush.

A bunch of us are coming from Slovenia. We bought GAs on ebay.
We're gonna see the band in NY and then go to DC by bus for a couple of days.

Do you have any tips about hostels and the ride to the stadium?

What do you recommend about the sights (I've heard there's some white house:sexywink:)?

Do you have any tips about hostels and the ride to the stadium?

What do you recommend about the sights (I've heard there's some white house:sexywink:)?

Directions:
directions to FedEx Field

The above rules and fees apply to games (e.g. parking permits are not needed for the concert, etc).

The Morgan Blvd. metro stop is the closest, and about 20 minutes walking away. Although they might have shuttle buses from there to the stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom