September 29th ---- FedEx Field ---- Washington, DC (Landover, MD)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok new location Landover Crossing. Yes we got kicked out again. Landover Crossing is across from the dealership off Route 202 and Landover Road.

hmmm, I mentioned that this would probably happen

Police will kick people off the grounds if they try to walk in to the lot early and the area is not a place where you'd want to camp out off premises

well, a lot of venues say or threaten this but it doesn't happen. Just saying people will be camping out there if not in the lot then across the street. Just about every show so far in the US 'the rules' that were given weren't necessarily abided by.

Landover Crossing is an abandoned (I think) strip mall, and they charge $25 to park there for football games. There's probably GA people waiting at the other 2 stadium lot entrances (east and south) too.

wtop.com says "U2 concert expected to draw 80,000 to FedEx Field".

The stands alone hold over 90k, so I guess there will be over 10k empty seats.

Who's up for singing "40" after the last song of the encore? :)

That makes for a beautiful sound in the stadium, but the band won't be able to hear it. They usually bolt right after the show. Besides, they'll play that Rocketman song right after so it will drown your voice. In NJ1 we sang yelled the lyrics of "40" during the first encore, after the first time the band left the stage for the night. That was powerful.

FedEx Field parking

Is it true that parking on-site will cost $40? Wikipedia states that this is the cost for parking there, but not sure if that is just for Redskins games. We paid $25 at Giants Stadium on Thursday for parking, so I'm sure it won't be free.

Wikipedia also says that getting out of FedEx field and back to your car - if you need a shuttle - can take an hour to two and a half hours.

Looks like I better get moving!

Is it true that parking on-site will cost $40? Wikipedia states that this is the cost for parking there, but not sure if that is just for Redskins games. We paid $25 at Giants Stadium on Thursday for parking, so I'm sure it won't be free.

I thought that the $8 parking fee was already included in the numerous service fees we already paid. (Which is annoying for those of us who are taking the metro and are therefore not parking...)

It should be free.

Wikipedia also says that getting out of FedEx field and back to your car - if you need a shuttle - can take an hour to two and a half hours.

do you have your ticket with you? my friend who has GA for this show said her ticket stated, parking is already included in the ticket price.

Parking isn't free, per se, but there was an 8 dollar parking fee included in your final ticket charge among the service and facility fees. It says it right on the ticket.

So, if I need to transfer to the Orange Line from Stadium-Armory (I live in Ballston), what's the LATEST I should get a train at Morgan Blvd.?
Though I suppose if worst comes to worst I could just get a cab at Rosslyn.

Tonight will be fun :hyper:
Hope they do New Year's Day. They didn't do it when I saw them at Verizon a few years ago.

As a long suffering Redskins fan, I'm warning you: don't be surprised if Snyder tries to squeeze more money out of you at all costs, including parking.

But i'll see you all there!

As a long suffering Redskins fan, I'm warning you: don't be surprised if Snyder tries to squeeze more money out of you at all costs, including parking.

But i'll see you all there!

My brother in law is a HUGE Redskins fan. He is on the way there from LA for the game.

pretty good show I was able to get some videos from the show. I was inner circle edge side. Looks like the same security from Verizon was there but I had a tall guy next to me blocking me :lol: I'm still uploading them but check them out

YouTube - godieinhell2's Channel

Matt and I and a couple others are doin the list, come sign up and roll call is at 8 am so you have to be back by then.

Hi! :wave: I was one of those of called you and left a message (I'm sure there were tons of peeps who called you). Anyway, thanks for organizing the line!!! Really helped from preventing it from becoming one big C.F.

Great show! My dad and I had gotten there around noon and were in the first 500 people in the line. We lucked out and were in line next to some really nice people who we talked with the whole time while waiting.

When the gates opened we ended up going right into the pit, about 6-10 people away from the closest spot you can be.

I was a little disappointed they didn't play Unknown Caller, but the performances for Your Blue Room (where Bono stood on the bridge RIGHT next to me) and New Year's Day made up for it.

All in all, it was a great show, despite knowing that Bono was having trouble with his voice.

See you next year, U2! :wave:

Hey everyone! Back from DC and had a great time! I got in line at 2pm Monday (the day before the show) with my fiance, bff, Mom and Dad! I was number 8 in line, front rail mainstage in front of Adam, got plenty of love from the band, had a great time at the show, think this tour kicks Vertigo's ASS, and oh, yeah, got a hug and kiss from Bono!!!!!!!!! :hyper::up::drool::heart:

For anyone curious about details on this particular GA line here ya go.....

After a chill evening with several other fans, where we all switched off coming and going, there were only about 25 people in line/ on the list by midnight, which was the first time security (actually the local police moved the line.) At this time most of the 25 people in line had gone home to come back for an 8am roll call, because that's how we all (in the top ten) agreed to run the line. At midnight we were told we could no longer be in line at the stadium and had to go to the gray lot because they were making a huge road block and gonna tow us, or we'd have our cars blocked in. At this point most of the people in the top 15 had gone home to sleep overnight in bed and would be back in the early AM hours to help run the line through to doors at 5pm. So myself and Matt (my fiancee) and 2 very nice boys from S Carolina went to the gray lot and tried to keep the line intact, which is challenging with only 4 people sitting in what looks like a forest with an entrance in the dark!! :lmao: Somehow we managed though and another line was never formed!!!!!!!!!!!!!:up:

Thanks to Super Fan (number one in line) for helping post on Interference and U2.com where we were and what was happening when they moved our line!! :hug: Poor guy went home for 5 ish hours of sleep and must not have gotten a wink of it cuz I kept buggin him!!! :doh:

Anyway, around 3 am the police came and moved us totally off the Fed Ex Field property so, we went to Landover Crossing, where I proceeded to get a half hour of the 2 and a half hours of sleep I had the night before the show by stretching out on the concrete! :coocoo:

This is what is an important number to remember, between midnight and 6:45am when we actually got to get back on the property at Fed Ex and start a proper line up in the GA queue, there were only at total of 50 people on the list!!! So only 25 more people signed up in the wee small hours of the morning! It was a really small group until we got back to Fed Ex, especially with how big the rail space is! We had people next to us on the rail who were numbers 240 something!

Anyway, if anyone wondered where I was from 9 am to 1:15pm in the line, I wasn't there. The top people in line agreed to let me go home for a few hours, since I did the overnight cat and mouse game with the cops/security and then waited til the whole line was going around 845 to leave.

The cost : 2 1/2 hours of sleep and much time spent in the cold stressing.
The worth: Priceless!!!!

Ok new location Landover Crossing. Yes we got kicked out again. Landover Crossing is across from the dealership off Route 202 and Landover Road.

Thanks for posting that the line got moved! Sorry I didn't let you get sleep!

Landover Crossing is an abandoned (I think) strip mall, and they charge $25 to park there for football games. There's probably GA people waiting at the other 2 stadium lot entrances (east and south) too.

Nope, never happened shockingly! Everything went smoothly!

^sounds like the GA'ers for this show are in for an adventure... :ohmy:

It was indeed! An adventure in the woods with the cops telling us PG County has the HIGHEST crime rate in the country, and that there was a stabbing near landover crossing last week!

anyone have any GA updates?

Sorry, my phone died!

Parking isn't free, per se, but there was an 8 dollar parking fee included in your final ticket charge among the service and facility fees. It says it right on the ticket.

Didn't have to pay! But if they had made me pay to walk a mile up hill with my gear I would have protested!

Hi! :wave: I was one of those of called you and left a message (I'm sure there were tons of peeps who called you). Anyway, thanks for organizing the line!!! Really helped from preventing it from becoming one big C.F.

Again, sorry, phone died!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom