September 29th ---- FedEx Field ---- Washington, DC (Landover, MD)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A bunch of us are coming from Slovenia. We bought GAs on ebay.
We're gonna see the band in NY and then go to DC by bus for a couple of days.

Do you have any tips about hostels and the ride to the stadium?

What do you recommend about the sights (I've heard there's some white house:sexywink:)?

There aren't as many hostels in the US as there are in Slovenia (I've stayed at many in your country. BTW, the hostel in Bled was the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in).

I know there are some in DC.

Here is Hostelling International's site HI - Washington DC :: Hostels to Reserve in the United States
Hostel DC

It may be cheaper for you just to get a hotel room.

Also, there are many discount bus lines from NYC to DC. Most of them leave from Chinatown in NYC to drop off in Chinatown in DC. There are several more.

www.boltbus.com, Vamoose daily bus service between New York NY, Arlington VA & Bethesda MD, Apexbus - Daily Chinatown bus New York,Philadelphia,DC,Richmond,Atlanta,Norfolk

Here is the DC metro website: Metro - Home page
Metro stations open at 5am Mondays - Fridays.

Oh and sightseeing! There are a lot of things to do! go here: Washington.org - Official Tourism Site of Washington, DC

The zoo is free as well as the Smithsonians!

Echoing the comment about Amtrak above, it is very expensive compared to the busses in the area. The Acela service (which seems to get me places only about 20% faster) costs a significant amount more than the regular service—$150+. I've never found it was worth that...

BoltBus is a great deal if you book well in advance—$1 to $10. :up:

All tickets for this show are gone except some $30s, and singles in other price ranges. Since there are only supposed to be 10,000 $30 tickets at each show, I'd say DC's sales are at least 85,000 so far, nearing a sellout. U2 are so awesome.

Who's opening in DC? Thanks!

here.. maybe this will help :D

u2360advertpic1.jpg

I know, but to get the other days off I need then I have to work on Saturday

I was really considering doing Vegas because all I have to pay for is the hotel and tickets, but I think I'm going to enough shows

Has anyone gotten there tickets yet. Mine were printed and mailed, but still haven't arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom