September 20, 21 Gillette Stadium, Foxboro Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the game is over (what a game it was) I wonder if they started building the Claw yet

SMB

Sports radio WEEI was broadcasting from their Gillette studios today and made the comment around 10:30 that the place already looked like a construction zone with U2's crew building the claw.

Here is the link to the Gilltette Stadium Website. I didn't see anything yet about parking

Gillette Stadium

There is a general parking guide there. It said no overnight parking, lot is closed 2 hours after the event, yadda yadda yadda...

Heh, it said RV has its own parking rate. It gives me an idea... maybe next tour if they're still doing stadiums, a bunch of us can rent an RV and go to the concerts in different cities. If we have enough people, we'll save gas $ and hotel $.

Hey Lisa (again!), or anyone else interested in Peter Pan...A dude e-mailed me back already(!) and said that:
-the station's 5 1/2 miles from Gillette, so take a cab from there.
-the liquor store sells the tickets for that station, hence the hours
-the last bus leaving Foxboro won't work for anyone going to the shows (it's at 6:50pm)

So I guess I'll be doing that w/the sis on Monday--taking this bus and then a cab to get there. Unless someone would deign to take us from Boston... :)

There is a general parking guide there. It said no overnight parking, lot is closed 2 hours after the event, yadda yadda yadda...

Heh, it said RV has its own parking rate. It gives me an idea... maybe next tour if they're still doing stadiums, a bunch of us can rent an RV and go to the concerts in different cities. If we have enough people, we'll save gas $ and hotel $.

Yea, someone who spells "yadda" right. <3

I just called Gillette Stadium and was told that they would be releasing parking details today. They were still working with the concert promoter.

so it seems there will be different than usual parking set ups so we'll probably be able to get in there earlier than the typical 4 hours before event.

They said I could call back later today/tomorrow and also said it would be on the website when it was released.

1 lot at Chicago parking was listed to open at 6 AM but Ive read it was open at 5 AM.

IMO, thats a fair time to try to eliminate/minimize over night camping by the promoters but still give people the chance to line up pretty early if they want.

I was going by this post about the parking. Maybe they will open the lots up earlier. I haven't seen anything on the Gillette site about parking for the U2 concert

Cranes1.jpg
[/IMG]

SMB

watching the time lapse on that site is great.

its night, then day, then the place fills up for last nights game, then its dead again, then sunlight, then cranes. should be fun to keep an eye on it over the coming days.

btw, the bridge in that pic up near the top is the expected GA entrance way. The ticket office would be right behind the scoreboard/Budweiser ad.

still no updates on the website about parking.

Hey Lisa (again!), or anyone else interested in Peter Pan...A dude e-mailed me back already(!) and said that:
-the station's 5 1/2 miles from Gillette, so take a cab from there.
-the liquor store sells the tickets for that station, hence the hours
-the last bus leaving Foxboro won't work for anyone going to the shows (it's at 6:50pm)

So I guess I'll be doing that w/the sis on Monday--taking this bus and then a cab to get there. Unless someone would deign to take us from Boston... :)

I just got in and didn't get a chance to call yet...thanks a lot for letting me know...one obstacle out of the way! Thanks!!

Oh dear, got more than one person from craigslist thinking my "9/21" tickets are for Sunday. :/ Noooo, actually, they're not.

I just discovered this U2 ticket trade on FB..maybe it will help those of us desperate to sell extras! Is it me or is it odd to see so many extra tix for U2 in Boston? I know for me the issue is logistics/cost/proximity to the rescheduled NJ show but I'm definitely wondering what is up with the surplus this tour.

Tony Quinn - New York, NY | Facebook

I already listed there as well. Its incredible the places I have listed. I even posted them on the community boards at the grocery store. I thought I woul dhave gotten a phone call by now, but nope.
Very bizarre...

Lisa, innominata8, rosephile..

Thanks for the replies...

My friend is actually not showing up until about 5:30 PM on monday an we will be inside already i think. It's too risky to hold tickets that long. Think she might do ticketmaster instead an get em at will call instead. Shes just a casual fan.

Try and sell em on ebay, craigslist, stubhub, or Concert, Sport & Theatre Tickets | Buy & Sell at viagogo ?

have done all the above & zilch. :(

I think you guys correct... I think that its not in Boston isnt helping us at all. Getting to Foxboro without a car is difficult. And it requires travel time. If its a major city, then there are alot more people who could get out of work and go directly to the arena, type of thing.

Sucks. Im really hoping that for 2010 they switch to arenas. Ive heard rumors that the claw is being donated to S. America or something...soo?? LOL

I didn't even try half of those 'cause I figured others would so...roight. I just tried here and a couple non-u2 online places and craigslist. Looks like we're gonna have to be "scalpers" at the show, eh? :/

have done all the above & zilch. :(

I think you guys correct... I think that its not in Boston isnt helping us at all. Getting to Foxboro without a car is difficult. And it requires travel time. If its a major city, then there are alot more people who could get out of work and go directly to the arena, type of thing.

Sucks. Im really hoping that for 2010 they switch to arenas. Ive heard rumors that the claw is being donated to S. America or something...soo?? LOL

Ditto for me, I've got ads everywhere and no bites. I want to look forward to the shows and being in limbo about the Gillette dates is doing my head in! I'm sure it will be indoor arenas on the next leg so it should be a bit easier.

Oh yes, and I really hope for arenas too. Maybe these shows will change my mind, but I sure liked Phoenix and LA more than Hawaii, size/feeling-wise (though it was nice to be outside in Honolulu).

That's convenient... :D

I was with you up until you said, "picked up tix on StubHub today for the 9/21 show". Man, why did you do that? There are plenty of tickets available here from members or even from Ticketmaster. I checked yesterday. StubHub charges you extra fees, no? I know TM does it too, but the broker fees are usually much higher...

I know, I thought the same thing & wanted to say something... Like er, I have 3 tix for MOnday to selll and MUCH better than Section 311 & probably wouldnt have cost you as much as stubhub!!! Sorry, but third level at gillette is nosebleeds! I listed mine on stubhub and they take a 15% commission from the seller...so u can imagine, tickets were not going at face value, so to even be competitive I had to list t hem well below face value AND take the commission fee!!! Well, they didnt sell anyway...there a ton of tickets for sale there.

Shame the camera isn't on the other side of the stadium

i know. i did take a photo of the stadium from that end, but I dont know how to post it here. This was a couple weeks ago though...nothing to see but the big screens . It does show how close the other end is from one end. :)

Um......what happens if the Gillette Stadium parking lots get full? Does this happen? What time do they fill up? The lots on Rt1, do they fill up before Gillette usually? I will have to pay attention to these when I go on Sunday. I didnt really notice these lots when I drove there a couple weeks ago.

Those of you with seats & dont have to deal with standing in line for GA, what time are you planning on getting to the stadium?

Hey guys are y'all still going to meet at The Stoneforge Restaurant on Saturday night? I didn't RSVP but I'm hoping there'll be a bar there or something Karmic_Postmark and I can hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom