September 20, 21 - Gillette Stadium - Foxboro, MA-who's in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but with no other options available, the commuter train might be someone's only choice. People that take it for the Patriots games seem to approve. It would be nice to have reliable transportation as an alternative to sitting in traffic and paying high parking prices.

Went to a Pats game there a few years ago. Took about 2.5 hours to get from Boston to the parking lot with the heavy traffic. And then $50 to park.
Ridiculous.

I'm hoping to make a roadtrip to see the show. Went splits on a subscription with a friend to get tickets in the presale.

Gillette Stadium stage set up

Now up on Ticketmaster:
gilette.gif

Gillette is about 30 miles from Boston, not 13. As for seats in the upper decks, the view is nice but very far....I'm a Pats season ticket holder so I know the place pretty well. I'm planning on hitting Gillette on the 20th (and any others that are added) and possibly Giants Stadium.

Slainte

I'm going to try for this show too. I saw U2 in Boston on the last tour and had a great time

I can't believe it's cheaper to fly from Boston to Chicago than Detroit-Boston. :(

Oh well, see you in Chicago! :wave:

FYI, I work at a restaurant on Route 1. Any of you who are staying in the hotels the Friday before want to come visit and say hi,(and leave me a 25% tip PM me. :wink:

Can i come tip you on Saturday instead? :flirt: Don't think i will be in Foxboro that early. :wink: If I come to Boston that early ( Friday ) i wanna be in the city for at least 1 night/day. :love:

if you have a rental car and you're camping out, is there a parking lot open where you can have your car close by?

And if you're using public transportation, is there something that goes from the commuter rail station in Sharon to the stadium?

And if you're using public transportation, is there something that goes from the commuter rail station in Sharon to the stadium?

Not sure about the answer to your first question, but for the second, there is no public transportation from the commuter rail station in Sharon to the stadium.

I'm in for this show too, will there a meeting place for everyone to be before the concert?

Hey fellow U2ers. Wow. I havent apparently logged in since July 2005. HA! Anyways, since being SFGAL (San Francisco Gal) I am now living in NH and awaiting the Boston show! Can't wait! Always have a great time getting to know everyone before the shows and hope to get to know you guys too! I will be driving down from Concord NH if anyone needs a ride!!! Lets get this party started!

anybody interested in going in for a hotel room together? My wife and I were thinking of gettong a room at the Sharon Hotel. 2 miles away and only cheap, but with good reviews. they have rooms with two double beds..... we would prefer to stay with someone who has a car, who could ferry us from hotel to Gillette

in maine - if anyone wants to help me get from boston (i have friends in winthrop) to gillette - i would love it.

As for tixs. i dont care as long as i can see them. i was close enough in 01 to get great photos.

might disabled seating give any advantages...

(and it completely SUCKS that my partner's mom used to be a legal secretary to one bob kraft... but she couldnt accept tickets due to conflict of interest. seriously. so close but yet so far...):doh:

Gillette stadium is not that convenient on the mbta- sometimes they have the commuter rail from boston, sometimes not- be prepared for more of a tailgate atmosphere, although they have just completed Patriot Place, which is ann open mall next to the stadium with a few restaurants and bars
i have patriots season tix, so i plan on going full boat tailgate mode- tents, generator, tunes, gas grill etc.- so anyone from this board is welcome to tailgate with my crew

Gillette stadium is not that convenient on the mbta- sometimes they have the commuter rail from boston, sometimes not- be prepared for more of a tailgate atmosphere, although they have just completed Patriot Place, which is ann open mall next to the stadium with a few restaurants and bars
i have patriots season tix, so i plan on going full boat tailgate mode- tents, generator, tunes, gas grill etc.- so anyone from this board is welcome to tailgate with my crew

I'm in!

sounds good! i guarantee a fun time- we have become professionl tailgaters- ill let everyone know the parking spot we use once it gets closer- usually in the Rodman Ford Lot directly acros the street from stadium-

sounds good! i guarantee a fun time- we have become professionl tailgaters- ill let everyone know the parking spot we use once it gets closer- usually in the Rodman Ford Lot directly acros the street from stadium-

do you think the main parking lot will be closed off to trafficthe night before the show and morning of?

how early are you thinking of coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom