September 16, 17, Rogers Centre, Toronto Canada - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In response to a queston from the first thread...if people start lining up off site, I don't see how that's going to work. There could be SEVERAL lines all thinking they will be first.

I personally think that the line shouldn't count as "official" until you are actually lined up at the gate.

9/17 show GA

I'm arriving in Toronto with my wife around noon. If we lined up around 1-2pm, what do you think our chances are of getting in the circle? Also, is it acceptable for one of us to take chairs/food back to the hotel at some point while queing? Thanks.

I'm arriving in Toronto with my wife around noon. If we lined up around 1-2pm, what do you think our chances are of getting in the circle? Also, is it acceptable for one of us to take chairs/food back to the hotel at some point while queing? Thanks.

Not sure about the first part of your question, but YES to the second part :)

During the line up/ wait in line for the Vertigo Tour my brother and I were even allowed to go grab lunch. We both went back to our hotel to shower and get ready. People are very understanding. My recommendation though is to make friends with people around you!

During the Vertigo tour, the cute couple behind us left for lunch for an hour or so and we didn't mind at all. Neither did anyone else. And they didn't mind when I wandered off to visit people further up the line, or when we left to pick up our tickets.
I'm not sure if it'll be any crazier with the larger crowds in this setting tho, but yeah, befriend your line mates.

Also, if everyone could just not line up for TO2 until noon, that'd be awesome. :drool:

What time are people planning on starting the line for TO2 anyway? I dont want to have to be there at 9am :(

I'm sure there'll be quite a few who leave the first show and go right out to line up.

On the Elevation tour, some people left before the encore to be one of the first people in line for the next show. Crazy.

That's what I've been asking!

I say we make an executive decision, general people can come as early as noon, blue crack folks (aka the crazies) 11am.

Make it so.

Please?

Pretty please?

How about if you post on interference and your username is ~BrightestStar~, you can't line up til. 7 pm. :love:

And regarding the off-site line: in Boston during the Vertigo tour, there was an unofficial line formed next door to the venue(at least during the December shows). When we were allowed to line up around 8 am in front of the venue, everyone kept their original spots as far as I could tell. :up:

Are there any GA folks around going to the Sept 17 show alone like me?

I plan on lining up early on Thursday but may need some muscle (i'm somewhat joking here).

Is this your first post? :cute:
Welcome!

I am not alone, but with all the friendly people in line, you won't be either :)

Yep, first post in 4 years and this will be my first solo GA line up.

The muscle part comes in handy if and when I need to go tinkle and want to get back to my spot in line. I like plan for any possible situations! Am I being paranoid? :shifty:

Thanks for the welcome Brightest!

Mild temperatures forecast for next Wed. and Thurs. which is perfect - won't have to drink too much water! (my bladder's the size of a peanut, I don't know how I'm going to go so many hours without going to the washroom!)

I stargazed during TIFF a couple years back and saw Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner.

Change of plans: I am flying to Toronto on the 17th to throw down with this NotSoBrightStar(LOL see what I did there????? I'm so clever!!!) chick. :mad:

Bring. it. on. :angry:

I can take ya, kiddo.

Yep, first post in 4 years and this will be my first solo GA line up.

The muscle part comes in handy if and when I need to go tinkle and want to get back to my spot in line. I like plan for any possible situations! Am I being paranoid? :shifty:

Thanks for the welcome Brightest!

It's always lovely to see someone escape from lurkville. Congrats! :)

As for the need to tinkle ( :giggle: ) - the best plan is to just chat up the people in line. You're going to be stuck together for 4+ hours anyway, might as well make friends.
During Vertigo, there were plenty of nice people around me. Cept for one group that were friends and sorta kept to themselves.
And of course, you can look out for other blue crackers.

Are there any GA folks around going to the Sept 17 show alone like me?

I plan on lining up early on Thursday but may need some muscle (i'm somewhat joking here).

I'll be there alone!...well I'm coming by myself, but with the folks here at Interference you are never truly alone! Look forward to meeting you!

anything ever get lined up for the 15th....

also, anyone know anything about TO1 or 2 RZ? TM is still saying no status on my tix....looks like i will just be at TO2 and smacking around any douche TIFF stars in the RZ with my 3 incher...camera lens that is...is a nikor 18-200 close enough to 3 inches or is a D90 considered a pro cam? given we will be in RZ, me could be full of EtOH so perhaps taking along the D90 is a bad idea...

hey y'all, resident lush here :wave:
are there any sort of tailgating laws in TO? in DC for vertigo, we could drink in line no problem. i was planning on cleaning out the duty free on my way there, but i don't wanna get busted. what's the word?

hey y'all, resident lush here :wave:
are there any sort of tailgating laws in TO? in DC for vertigo, we could drink in line no problem. i was planning on cleaning out the duty free on my way there, but i don't wanna get busted. what's the word?

laws are stupid strict...although did not stop me at the beach last weekend with a case of tall boys...the Bills games in TO have some stupid set up licensed tailgate party...totally LAME! real fans up from BUF LOL at the same...just fill up a SIG bottle or water bottle...they will not care...i mean they allow the homeless on the corner of bay and king to get away with it...what is wrong with a bunch of people down by the skydome...anyone who has been to a bills game in BUF knows the TO set up was 100 notches below weak..

laws are stupid strict...although did not stop me at the beach last weekend with a case of tall boys...the Bills games in TO have some stupid set up licensed tailgate party...totally LAME! real fans up from BUF LOL at the same...just fill up a SIG bottle or water bottle...they will not care...i mean they allow the homeless on the corner of bay and king to get away with it...what is wrong with a bunch of people down by the skydome...anyone who has been to a bills game in BUF knows the TO set up was 100 notches below weak..

daaaaaaaamn. i guess i'll mix liquor then. we should have a GA bar!!!! :love: nobody suspects sprite or coke bottles, hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom