September 16, 17, Rogers Centre, Toronto Canada - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pft, 8 hour drive is nothing!

And surely you can find cheaper flights. I thought you had mad skillz!

Well, again, I have a 4 day drive next week, so there's that.

Also, I still am employed here, so, driving takes up two work days, flying just the one.

I can fuck around with priceline for cheaper flights, but I might end up flying to Toronto with a layover in Houston.

What time to line up?

Hey everyone. I'm a big U2 fan who is new to this site. I've never lined up for GA before but I plan to for the second Toronto show. I don't need to be the first person in but I would like to be in the circle. Any recommendations as to what time to line up? I read the Chicago thread and the stories seemed to vary greatly.

From Rogers Centre Toronto RE: U2

FYI,

From the Rogers Centre Website:

Joined by alternative rock band Snow Patrol, who have worldwide sales over 7 million albums, record crowds will be thoroughly blown away by the pure sounds of rock ‘n roll. Doors open at 5:00 p.m. each night and guests are encouraged to arrive allowing time to pass through the security check prior to entering the venue.

To help ease access to the venue for the record number of guests in attendance and ensure guests find their seats quickly, please enter the venue only through the gate marked on your ticket. Those holding general admission floor tickets should enter via Gates 1 or 15 on the north side of the venue only.

With the increase in traffic to the area on both nights, arriving via public transit is the stress-free option. Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, Rogers Centre is easily accessible via TTC and Go Transit.

For the enjoyment and safety of all guests, please note that no audio/visual recording devices or camera lenses larger than 3" will be permitted inside the venue. To assist with a speedy entry, we recommend guests leave these items at home for the night. We also remind guests that in compliance with the Province of Ontario’s Smoke-Free Act, Rogers Centre is a non-smoking venue and therefore there will be no in / out privileges during this event

Hey everyone. I'm a big U2 fan who is new to this site. I've never lined up for GA before but I plan to for the second Toronto show. I don't need to be the first person in but I would like to be in the circle. Any recommendations as to what time to line up? I read the Chicago thread and the stories seemed to vary greatly.

I don't think you need to camp out overnight or anything but around 9 am is probably a good idea to be on the safe side if you ask me. Anything after noon and you are taking your chances...

I don't think you need to camp out overnight or anything but around 9 am is probably a good idea to be on the safe side if you ask me. Anything after noon and you are taking your chances...

Though I agree, it can depend on the city - someone at one of the Dublin shows showed up late afternoon and still made it in, while at Barcelona the camping-out was crazy. Rule of thumb...apparently the chances are better at lining up later on for U.S. and Canadian shows to make it in. I'll be heading to the line at 1:30 or 2 (no choice, driving in from Ottawa), and feel decently good about my chances.

Sigh.

Unreal.

My last day at my job is next Wednesday. I have so much to do/plan/prepare between now and then.

And yet......

I forgot that I had some frequent flier miles laying around, and so.....

See some of you clowns on Thursday.

I'll sleep at the airport.

Sigh.

Unreal.

My last day at my job is next Wednesday. I have so much to do/plan/prepare between now and then.

And yet......

I forgot that I had some frequent flier miles laying around, and so.....

See some of you clowns on Thursday.

I'll sleep at the airport.

513Y75VH0QL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

it's on, suckas!!!

there plenty of girls flashing boobies in GA in toronto ever since they relaxed the nudity laws

edge's wincing eyes pop open every time

watch out for BC bud in the air

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom