September 16, 17, Rogers Centre, Toronto Canada - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My cousin and I work at the Rogers Centre and today she took this pic and sent it to me...

3920188582_d7983d0a31_o.jpg

I GOTTA GO SEE IT TOMORROW!

Hi all:
Anyone remember if there were 2 lines at the last T.O. show at ACC?

I was in the GA line facing Yonge St. I recall around 3:30 someone mentioned that some of they guys were arriving at the buildings' main entrance and there was a mad rush to the other side by some of the GA folks.

Hi all:

I was in the GA line facing Yonge St. I recall around 3:30 someone mentioned that some of they guys were arriving at the buildings' main entrance and there was a mad rush to the other side by some of the GA folks.

There was only one line, and the entrance ramp was just around the corner of the building from where the line started - people would've been around that corner and further down by the time the band arrived.

I'm thinking that the Gate 15 GA line will be snaking around to the Blue Jays Way side of the building so we don't block the hotel entrance - and Gate 1 line down that side of Skydome past Hard Rock Cafe, etc.

Okay, so here's the lowdown!

The first person I saw at the Roger's Centre was the Ticketmaster/Box office lady and she said she *thought* we had to do two separate lines, according to the gate numbers on our ticket but that I should speak to security at Gate #3.

Instead of going there, I managed to sneak in to the restaurant (not the Hard Rock but the other, fancier one) and take a few pics of the stage and speak to the stagehands. They were in the process of putting drapes over the hotel rooms so they couldn't see in. I told them too late - there are already pics of it on Twitter, they found that funny!

One of the guys building the stage said 'the roof might be open BECAUSE U2 HAS REQUESTED IT BE OPEN'; he said this would improve the acoustics/sound.

I then proceeded to Gate #3 where the Security guy was and he was as helpfu as the TM lady :sigh:
He said he was unsure whether camping was allowed on the property so I told him to tell his sups to be prepared for that.
As for respecting the gate # on our tickets, he, too, thinks there will be two separate lines. I said 'oh, so you guys aren't prepared?' to which he said 'no, we are, and I'm pretty sure there will be 2 separate lines for crowd control purposes'.
I noticed that both the first 100-200 people for each of the gates will be in the shade as it's under the concrete structure.

Another head of security guy for Rogers (who also happens to do security in my building) said the band arrived last night and is staying at a private house, and not at a hotel. He also said it wasn't in Yorkville (they're probably all taken up by the celebrities in town for the Film Festival). This also makes sense since I've heard they stayed in a private house last time - I didn't probe for further information because none of us are interested in going there. :) But I'm sure those of you those who thought of going to their hotel appreciate knowing this in advance.

I think that's it - I'm typing this v. quickly b/c I'm at work!

Fuck.

I'm seriously contemplating attending one of these shows now. Possibly the 17th.

Fuck me. It's Mia's fault, she sent me a text this morning and it got me to thinking.

5% chance I do this, but it was 0% 30 minutes ago.

U2, you bastards.

Fuck.

I'm seriously contemplating attending one of these shows now. Possibly the 17th.

Fuck me. It's Mia's fault, she sent me a text this morning and it got me to thinking.

U2, you bastards.

Really? How come?

That would be great! We're having a part-ay!! :hyper:

Oh, and bonus - U2 will be here!

Fuck.

U2, you bastards.

Seriously? Ugh.

I also e-mailed them about opening the roof.

Would love to have confirmation that the Gate numbers for GA are irrelevant because that would totally split up our group :(

My friend has my ticket, I'm waiting to hear back about what gate we are. :uhoh:

Argh, I need to know! :scream:

If they really are doing two lines, I imagine they'll enforce the gates only because you could have the potential of having a huge lineup at one gate (with some big group of friends) and fewer at the other.
On the other hand, with so many antsy people, it may be too difficult to check the gate numbers for every single person when it doesn't really matter?

Haha in Chicago I slept in a park with the other homeless and bunnies, which was fine til the sprinklers woke me up. But at least I got a free shower! Totally ready to do it all over again :)

That's hilarious! :lol:

Hi all:

Like Drea said, the entrance where the boys came in was actually super close to the GA line. On the day I was there, I can't say there was a mad rush, but yes a lot of people went to see them come in.

And there was only 1 real GA line - however, as I recall it was split up, side by side, for i think it was u2.com members or something?
It didn't make much difference, since we were lined up together, we all got in at the same time, etc etc.

Fuck.

U2, you bastards.

Who the heck invited you into Canada? Don't they know you are the enemy? The invasion? :angry:

Are you going to correct my spelling if we meet?

FYI, I checked weather.com early this morning and Thursday they are predicting cloudy with a high of 62. Could be pretty chilly by showtime with the roof open, but oh it will be so great! I'll take that over baking in the sun all day.

hotel rooms could be hard to obtain at this point because of TIFF going on at the same time... but then, money isn't an option for you, is it?

"money isn't an option" makes no sense, but, I don't speak Canadian.

But, yes, money is an obstacle at this stage cos I'm gonna be jobless/a poor student in a week and a half.

But, if hotels are that hard to get then I might not even bother at this stage.

Is it possible for it to be chilly with that many bodies squished together? it may be a welcome releif.

I just don't want rain. :angry:

I really need to know which would be the better night to attend if I'm going to even contemplate this/price out flights and hotel.

As far as I know, there are more tickets floating around for night two.

As a con, at least for you, I will be at TO2.

As elfa said, hotels may be a bitch to find. Especially if you want something nearby. I don't know for sure though.

Still looking for what night would be better gathering-wise, guys.

I definitely want something nearby so, yeah, this is problematic. Fuck

Eh, fuck it, I'll likely abort the mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom