September 16, 17, Rogers Centre, Toronto Canada - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mild temperatures forecast for next Wed. and Thurs. which is perfect - won't have to drink too much water! (my bladder's the size of a peanut, I don't know how I'm going to go so many hours without going to the washroom!)

I stargazed during TIFF a couple years back and saw Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner.
I saw them like in 2004 at a Jays-Red Sox game, they attended that game!

Geezus, you scared me. For a second I thought you were saying the TO lineup had started already :lol:

Well, actually...

That said, I'm leaving for Toronto now. I'm going to establish the line, write my name down at number 1, then come home. I'll head back to the line around 3-ish Wednesday afternoon and reclaim my number one spot. If you're wearing purple and were born on an even numbered day, you're welcome to join me. If not, sorry, you'll have to wait till the 500th person fitting the proper criteria arrives. Sorry, those are my arbitrary rules.

That was from a few hours ago. I'm back already, btw.

:wink:

I found out that a good friend of my neighbour's will be flying U2 around Toronto - Chicago on the Jetz charter flight. Funny how that came up in conversation tonight over some drinks.

its an airbus 320 charter, he also flew them during the Vertigo tour.

amazing what I didn't know of him. he also flew the rolling stones during their last tour.

in response to the poster in the other thread...will definitely take more than three hours to convert back to baseball mode after Friday night's Argo game - could be 10-12 hours...on the Rogers Centre site it says it can take anywhere from 16-30 hours to convert from football straight to concrete. This is likely what will happen, as I think U2 brings their own sectional floor surface and it won't fit together well on turf.

did the field seem intimate (albeit empty), or did you get to judge space by the distance to each base?

i recall popmart floor tix, but that stage was right up against the videotron

did the field seem intimate (albeit empty), or did you get to judge space by the distance to each base?

i recall popmart floor tix, but that stage was right up against the videotron

If that question's directed to me...

It was a wide expanse of space - or at least it seemed like it as there were only 11 of us competing (hundreds more knitters/crocheters were up in the stands!) :lol: I was trying to imagine the Claw there after the three most nervewracking minutes of my life and failing miserably :lmao:

From the picture you gave us it looks like it's going to be fairly close to the Jumbotron - I imagine once the Claw is actually in there it'll seem a *lot* smaller :wink:

^ thanks

I am heading to the first show around 3pm, that's the earliest my friends are willing to come. I am just wondering where I would end up on the field arriving at 3pm and queuing from there...anyone care to give their thoughts?

It's hard to call with Toronto given their popularity but I always tend to be pessimistic when judging this sort of thing so I would say if you show up after noon you most likely wont be in the pit… Probably a row or two back from the outer rail if I had to guess.

im queing at noon. will elave house at 10 take the transit down.
does anyone know if the trucks are here yet

If they are there'll be nowhere for them to park! :lol: I don't think the trucks will be arriving until fairly late Fri, given the Argos game, etc. (and the truck drivers' sanity - have you *seen* downtown TO on a Fri night? :wink:)

This was speculated when the first show sold out so quickly and a friend of mine (who works for RIM) confirmed it recently.

RIM (Research in Motion) is celebrating its 25 year anniversary by providing 2 tickets free of charge for each of its employees for the upcoming U2 concert in Toronto at the Rogers Center next week.

Expect to see a lot of Blackberry's

This was speculated when the first show sold out so quickly and a friend of mine (who works for RIM) confirmed it recently.

RIM (Research in Motion) is celebrating its 25 year anniversary by providing 2 tickets free of charge for each of its employees for the upcoming U2 concert in Toronto at the Rogers Center next week.

Expect to see a lot of Blackberry's

Expect to see a lot of those tickets on ebay

It's hard to call with Toronto given their popularity but I always tend to be pessimistic when judging this sort of thing so I would say if you show up after noon you most likely wont be in the pit… Probably a row or two back from the outer rail if I had to guess.

yeah, i was not planning on being in the pit anyway, so i think it's safe to say I will be fine showing up at 3pm.

the trucks may park off of bremner, or on CNE grounds, or on downsview grounds

Expect to see a lot of those tickets on ebay

There really haven't been a ton of 16th tickets on there, there are far more for the 17th.

What makes me happy is that tickets from both nights on e-Bay hardly have any bids. I have a feeling the scalpers are getting screwed this tour.

As for Thursday night, after two days of GA, I would imagine that I'll maybe go to the Irish pub on Front or Gretzky's or something for a drink or two, and then crawl off to bed. :yawn:

Wasn't there another company that gave their employee's tickets too?

There really haven't been a ton of 16th tickets on there, there are far more for the 17th.

What makes me happy is that tickets from both nights on e-Bay hardly have any bids. I have a feeling the scalpers are getting screwed this tour.
That's some good news at least. Altho, I wonder why?

As for Thursday night, after two days of GA, I would imagine that I'll maybe go to the Irish pub on Front or Gretzky's or something for a drink or two, and then crawl off to bed. :yawn:

Afterall, it'll be way past your bedtime, ma'am. :cute:

Wasn't there another company that gave their employee's tickets too?

That's some good news at least. Altho, I wonder why?

Afterall, it'll be way past your bedtime, ma'am. :cute:

TD allowed staff the opportunity to order tickets, I think...sort of a presale. But from what I heard, they weren't offered GAs, and many of them didn't even know about it till after it was over.

I'm not sure how much stock I put into the "all RIM employees got GAs" rumour. Sarah lived right across from RIM last year, and there are TONS of UW students that do co-op there, and she never heard anything about it. She also checked the KW Craigslist and Kijiji constantly, and right from the time of the presale, there weren't an unusual number of first night tickets, seats or GAs, on those sites for sale. In fact, TO1 tickets have been fairly scarce in comparison to night 2 right from the beginning.

Dude, I'm 4 years older than I was last tour, lol. I should borrow Reg's walker.

I'm not sure how much stock I put into the "all RIM employees got GAs" rumour. Sarah lived right across from RIM last year, and there are TONS of UW students that do co-op there, and she never heard anything about it.

I know a few people who work at RIM that did indeed get GA tix for the 16th (these people have management jobs) ... I think you haven't seen them on eBay, Craigslist etc. b/c they just physically got the tix this week (Tues or Wed).

I know a few people who work at RIM that did indeed get GA tix for the 16th (these people have management jobs) ... I think you haven't seen them on eBay, Craigslist etc. b/c they just physically got the tix this week (Tues or Wed).

Ah, that explains it, thanks for the info. :up:

Eta - just checked KW Kijiji. In the past few hours, there have been several pairs of both GAs and seats listed. Fuckers. :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom