September 16, 17 - Rogers Centre - Toronto, Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Acoustics at Rogers Centre sucks, ACC is the best, the guys just love the ACC! I just hope the damn losing Leafs won't interfere,lol

I wish it was at the ACC! Rogers does suck for sound. Maybe they'll open the roof.

another nightmare: Ticketmaster, I bought the membership from U2.com just in case, they guarantie you special treatment when tix go on sale, don't want to go through the same nightmare as AC/DC

indeed, all access routes to Rogers Centre is terrible

people looking for accommodation may want to try the following:
Hotels near Rogers Centre - Toronto Hotels .com

It looks walkable, though, to a lot of hotels. I've taken the airport shuttle and stayed in some of those hotels - very convenient. Rogers Center looks like it's closer to downtown than many other stadiums in other cities. I'll probably stay in one of those hotels again (e.g. Hilton) this time in Toronto.

Rogers Centre is right downtown....and yes-ton of hotels in the area.
However, note to all of you planning to come from out of town: once the tour dates are released, if Toronto shows are any time between Septemeber 10-19, better plan to book your hotels asap. Reason being: Toronto International film Festival is taking place during that time and if you wait too long you won't get a hotel room. Now, knowing that the tour (according to the stories we have so far) is starting on the 12th, then highly unlikely that the guys will be in Toronto before the 19th....however, I am still convinced that Toronto will be one of the first cities in that leg of the tour, especially coz they are starting in Chicago, and Toronto is in that area.

Rogers Centre is right downtown....and yes-ton of hotels in the area.
However, note to all of you planning to come from out of town: once the tour dates are released, if Toronto shows are any time between Septemeber 10-19, better plan to book your hotels asap. Reason being: Toronto International film Festival is taking place during that time and if you wait too long you won't get a hotel room. Now, knowing that the tour (according to the stories we have so far) is starting on the 12th, then highly unlikely that the guys will be in Toronto before the 19th....however, I am still convinced that Toronto will be one of the first cities in that leg of the tour, especially coz they are starting in Chicago, and Toronto is in that area.

Last tour was during TIFF too, and I got paranoid and booked a room right away. I think there were still plenty of rooms to be had once the date got closer, though.

The timing works for me as I'm moving downtown in July or August so I may even be within walking distance.

Last tour was during TIFF too, and I got paranoid and booked a room right away. I think there were still plenty of rooms to be had once the date got closer, though.

I wouldn't bet on that... The place is a mad house during that time. Plus the hotel prices go HIGHER...

.....and based on this mornings announcement Toronto show IS during the TIFF: September 16th!!

i am assuming another date or two will be added there - lots of gaps in between the concerts

I am pretty sure we'll get a 2nd date, but not a 3rd.

OK, so no tickets ....yet (obviously) but I booked me a hotel room now so that I don't have to pay a fortune later or miss out on a room cause of the TO film festival :D

Looks like it's Toronto for me. Man, the demand for that show is going to be incredible since there is no MTL show so far.

I think there will be a show on the 17th as well or maybe on the 18th. I cant see there being 3 shows. This is going to be crazy to get tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom