September 16, 17 - Rogers Centre - Toronto, Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
we got 4 shows during Vertigo! who knows!! well, Rogers Centre fits 45,000+

Skydome x 3 = 135,000

ACC x 4 = 75-80,000

I think it's only going to be 2 nights, even though it's also pulling people from Montreal/Buffalo/Ottawa/Detroit - all cities with arena shows in 2005.

What was the sound like at the Rogers Centre during the Pop Tour?

And has anyone been to a concert there more recently to update us on the sound? Thanks.

Basically, the sound at a concert is best when you're about halfway between the stage and the back, directly in the middle of the two large speaker stacks. That is why the soundbooth is always slightly behind this position.

The new tour setup appears to have two main clusters of speakers for each side of the Crab Shack, so you want to be in the middle of one of those pairs of speakers.

What was the sound like at the Rogers Centre during the Pop Tour?

And has anyone been to a concert there more recently to update us on the sound? Thanks.
Stones 40 Licks Tour 2002 sound not bad
Metallica Summer Sanitarium Tour 2002 sound sucked
AC/DC Jan 2009 sound was terrible despite being in row 5

I plan on heading to TO for the show (and hopefully shows) from Winnipeg. Chicago would be closer but with the dollar being what it is, TO seems like quite a deal. Plus, other then the airport I've never visited TO. I can't wait for September!

Chris

Stones 40 Licks Tour 2002 sound not bad
Metallica Summer Sanitarium Tour 2002 sound sucked
AC/DC Jan 2009 sound was terrible despite being in row 5

Anybody see Radiohead or Springsteen at the Skydome(formerly known as the Rogers Center)?

ACDC would have had sound issues since every other show was in an arena so their sound guy would just be guessing.

I saw Radiohead at the Skydome.

Sound was terrible. I was on the floor.

Can't wait! I work right beside the Roger's Centre so I'll get my colleagues to come bring me food & water while waiting in line :wink:

Can I queue with you and get in on that? :wink:

I'm so excited! If I can't get GA in the presale, I will seriously consider going the scalper route. Since I live in Newfoundland, it will pretty much be the only show I'll be able to see on the tour... I want to experience U2 GA at least once in my life. I had seats for the Vertigo tour and while it was an incredible show, I felt a little left out of the action.

Can I queue with you and get in on that? :wink:

I'm so excited! If I can't get GA in the presale, I will seriously consider going the scalper route. Since I live in Newfoundland, it will pretty much be the only show I'll be able to see on the tour... I want to experience U2 GA at least once in my life. I had seats for the Vertigo tour and while it was an incredible show, I felt a little left out of the action.

I've been to GA once and alone...would have preferred a friend go with lol.

:sigh:

The visit visa/re-entry visa thing probably won't work out.
:sad:

I'm gonna set up a discussion sometime this week. I don't think it's gonna happen. I'm the only one that's sure about things. Maybe I can convince my mom to come to Canada with me and split the costs. :sad:

Can't wait! I work right beside the Roger's Centre so I'll get my colleagues to come bring me food & water while waiting in line :wink:

Where are you working? I'm at King/Bay, although I don't anticipate lining up this time, just isn't really feasible for me.

Nervous about camping out....do you figure it'll be more than one night on the streets of Toronto for some? :hmm:

Might be going back to school in the fall, so that might be interesting lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom