September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago PART TWO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys I am back:huh:

Thanks to Mark I may have found a hotel by O'Hare which has great rates & a jacuzzi in the room w/ a King Size Bed (Waka Waka) LOL but the guy on the phone told me they have a free shuttle to the Rail Station thingy but when I asked him how far to SF he had no idea what the hell that was so I said "Football Stadium" he said "o ok football....about 40 minutes on the Train...." I just want to make sure I do this right

Can I get to SF on this Train & does anyone know the cost and details of how you pay so forth and so on?

Here is the website of the hotel it is a Super8

Super 8 O'Hare Airport / Elk Grove Village / Chicago Hotel

:reject:

lulz...you weren't kidding about the jacuzzi (waka-waka INDEED)

since when do super 8s have hot tubs???

-dan

http://u2.interference.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=6292820

Ok guys I am back:huh:

Thanks to Mark I may have found a hotel by O'Hare which has great rates & a jacuzzi in the room w/ a King Size Bed (Waka Waka) LOL but the guy on the phone told me they have a free shuttle to the Rail Station thingy but when I asked him how far to SF he had no idea what the hell that was so I said "Football Stadium" he said "o ok football....about 40 minutes on the Train...." I just want to make sure I do this right

Can I get to SF on this Train & does anyone know the cost and details of how you pay so forth and so on?

Here is the website of the hotel it is a Super8

Super 8 O'Hare Airport / Elk Grove Village / Chicago Hotel

:reject:

Yes, if memory serves me right, it's something like 45 or 50 min via the Blue line from o'hare. it doesn't take you right to the stadium, but within a mile or so - a very doable walk. You can buy tickets at the station. It's been a couple years, but you used to be able to get a $5 1-day pass which is good for trains and buses. That's what I'm planning to do. Google "Chicago Transit Authority" for all the info you need.

lulz...you weren't kidding about the jacuzzi (waka-waka INDEED)

since when do super 8s have hot tubs???

-dan

Dan I was surprized too:hyper:

Actually it was my wife's request for the jacuzzi:drool:

LOL

I even asked the clown who answered the phone he said King Size Bed , Jacuzzi in room & free Shuttle to Train place

MaMa Mia I have to be on a train for 40 minutes & THEN walk a mile:down:

Wow Spiral_Staircase you really know your stuff:applaud:

Thank you !!!!!

Ok I just got off the phone w/ Maria @ CTA or Chicago Transit Authority

I am posting this information for anyone else who may be staying near O'Hare Airport:hug:

1. Take The Blue Line South (from O'Hare) to the Washington Street exit or stop(approximately 40 minutes & they run every 8 to 13 minutes)

2. Walk one block East to Washington & State St.

3. Get on Bus # 146 headed South & get off at Field Museum something LOL that usually is a 15 minute bus ride which she said drops you off right at SF:love:

4. If you pay $5 at O'Hare when you get on The Blue Line you can use that to & from SF & it also includes Bus # 146

5. The information above applies to BOTH Saturday & Sunday for those going both nights:up::up: o yeah bring it on baby !!!!!:wave:

CTA Direct Line to talk to a Representative if need be & the lady I talked to was very very nice & helpful

312 836 7000

Wow Spiral_Staircase you really know your stuff:applaud:

Thank you !!!!!

Ok I just got off the phone w/ Maria @ CTA or Chicago Transit Authority

I am posting this information for anyone else who may be staying near O'Hare Airport:hug:

1. Take The Blue Line South (from O'Hare) to the Washington Street exit or stop(approximately 40 minutes & they run every 8 to 13 minutes)

2. Walk one block East to Washington & State St.

3. Get on Bus # 146 headed South & get off at Field Museum something LOL that usually is a 15 minute bus ride which she said drops you off right at SF:love:

4. If you pay $5 at O'Hare when you get on The Blue Line you can use that to & from SF & it also includes Bus # 146

5. The information above applies to BOTH Saturday & Sunday for those going both nights:up::up: o yeah bring it on baby !!!!!:wave:

CTA Direct Line to talk to a Representative if need be & the lady I talked to was very very nice & helpful

312 836 7000

I recommend avoiding the bus. Walk from the train, unless you have physical issues, etc.

I recommend avoiding the bus. Walk from the train, unless you have physical issues, etc.

NoSpokenWords

Do tell why:hmm:

How far of a walk we talkin

I actually walk five to six hours a day surveying natural gas lines near homes checking for leaks & my wife is a Nurse so we are good just wondering how far of a walk from Washington Exit/Stop to SF ? I am sure we can find it easily by just following everyone else

NoSpokenWords

Do tell why:hmm:

How far of a walk we talkin

I actually walk five to six hours a day surveying natural gas lines near homes checking for leaks & my wife is a Nurse so we are good just wondering how far of a walk from Washington Exit/Stop to SF ? I am sure we can find it easily by just following everyone else

It's a mile walk, and it's a nice walk, especially if you head due East then turn South at the Lake.

I should clarify: The Bus is fine if you're getting there early....but if you're getting there between the opening act and U2, it can take the bus a while to make its way into the Stadium/Museum Campus area. Just hate to see fans stuck on a slow moving/crowded bus when they could have had a nice walk from barely over a mile away.

Hello Chicago thread. I might be going to one of the Chi dates since Vegas and Phoenix are off due to plans the Air Force has for me. Anyone want to trade for some Vegas GAs? I know... there's another threat for that! Things are still in the works so Vegas might work out but I say there is a 5% chance of that. Originally from IA, I would love to go to Chicago so all is good! Flexibility is the key to everything.

It's a mile walk, and it's a nice walk, especially if you head due East then turn South at the Lake.

I should clarify: The Bus is fine if you're getting there early....but if you're getting there between the opening act and U2, it can take the bus a while to make its way into the Stadium/Museum Campus area. Just hate to see fans stuck on a slow moving/crowded bus when they could have had a nice walk from barely over a mile away.

Ok thanks NSW :up:

I right away assumed you said that b/c I might have to pack heat on the bus

LOL

So you are saying Lake Street will take me right to SF?

A nice walk does sound good actually & I am planning on getting there early afternoon ish I will have my wife with me though so that may change just a wee bit:reject:

No, Lake Street does not take you there. The Lake itself, Lake Michigan....walk towards it (Due East), then turn right (South) and the path along the Lake will lead you to the Museum Campus/Soldier Field.

Ha, no need to pack heat.

No, Lake Street does not take you there. The Lake itself, Lake Michigan....walk towards it (Due East), then turn right (South) and the path along the Lake will lead you to the Museum Campus/Soldier Field.

Ha, no need to pack heat.

Ok Thanks NSW :up:

Actually I am glad you told me that b/c earlier my wife was talking about wanting to see Lake Michigan plus now she is saying she wants to go up one day earlier ..... leave Dayton Ohio Friday morning spend two nights in the hotel:huh:

LOL

September 6th we will have been together for 23 years (Since High School) so it is like a weekend away ..... no kids:applaud:

Hello Chicago thread. I might be going to one of the Chi dates since Vegas and Phoenix are off due to plans the Air Force has for me. Anyone want to trade for some Vegas GAs? I know... there's another threat for that! Things are still in the works so Vegas might work out but I say there is a 5% chance of that. Originally from IA, I would love to go to Chicago so all is good! Flexibility is the key to everything.

Welcome (and welcome back SpiralStaircase).

Remember your Vegas GAs are like gold. They should get you Chicago GAs no problem. Are you doing both Chicagos?

Mark

Welcome (and welcome back SpiralStaircase).

Remember your Vegas GAs are like gold. They should get you Chicago GAs no problem. Are you doing both Chicagos?

Mark

i wish i could use one of my golden vegas GAs to get a rose bowl GA

maybe it's the rose bowl GAs that are golden

-dan

I live in the suburbs but I'm familiar with some of the roads. I can't give exact costs and whatnot, but I can tell you that this site will help a lot.

Plan Your Trip With the RTA!

I always used this during my high school days to get around with the buses and trains. I don't know if it's of any help, but hopefully someone will benefit from the website.
Just type in the location of wherever it is that you're staying and put in Soldier Field for the end location and... ta-da! :)

:wave:

Anyone know anything about The Navy Pier:huh:

Checked it out online & my wife & I really really like it

We are arriving on Friday & staying until Monday early afternoon:D

Three nights King Size Bed:love: by O'Hare will only be $209 total

Thank you Mark:bow:

Chicagoans:wave:

The Navy Pier to The Abbey Pub:huh:

Hard to get to logistically?

There will be a U2 Tribute Band at The Abbey Pub on 9/11/09 that I have seen twice here in Ohio they are pretty good called The U2 Incident

I am gonna try to convince my wife to go from The Navy Pier to The Abbey Pub maybe I can tell her someone from Interference told me they make killer Strawberry Daiquiries:hug:

LOL

By the way 9/12/09 there will be another U2 Tribute Band from Chicago called
VertigoUSA in the afternoon of where yet I am not sure I just emailed them to find out but let me say I have seen them twice in Fisher's Indiana & MaMa Mia they are G R E A T !!!!!:love:

I need to lose 15 more lbs by the concert. Is that reasonable? :lol:

Oh by the way, I was reading up on the last Chicago thread and I totally forgot to thank everyone for the support and kind words that some of you offered me. :reject: So, thank you. :)

Bought my bus/rail passes tonight, so now I am free to make frequent trips between the hotel and Soldier Field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom