September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago PART THREE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget to take into account the long stretches that are down to 2 lanes due to construction. Illinois state line to Wi Hwy E is rather slow going. I don't know about Illinois construction as I've always dodged the tolls by taking HWY 41 to Lakeshore Drive.
LSD is now torn up as well.
GOOD LUCK!

Birdlover

Thank You! :up::up::up:

wooohoo. I'm liked. :love:
I'll update on the line situation after I get situated. I posted some reading material in the meantime. I aim to please. I please to entertain.

Illinois Tolls

BirdLover:wave:

How much are The Tolls:ohmy:

Last time I took the tollway, it was about $5 each way. Since they put in the I Pass system, they've had to have live collectors at most stations, so exact change isn't as critical. There are also Oasis which are on a bridge spanning the tollway. There you can buy gas and food so you don't have to leave and pay another toll.
Often, the tollbooths don't announce the charge until you're up close to it, so co-drivers have to stay vigilant.

I hope this helps!

Birdlover

:sexywink: Count me in.

I'm not going to Chicago, but I'm now following you.

:up: me too - setlist par-tay!

wooohoo. I'm liked. :love:
I'll update on the line situation after I get situated. I posted some reading material in the meantime. I aim to please. I please to entertain.

:cute: You have groupies!!!

To Everyone going to Chicago:

Have a GREAT TIME! I wish you all a fabulous trip! We'll all be drooling with envy in the setlist party :drool:

Ciao!

I hope everyone has a great time and if your travelling from out of town have a safe trip. I'll be partying it up on here at the setlist party and wishing it was the 20th. :wave:

what are the cheapest, but still decent hotels in Chicago? and I mean cheap..... :)

I can't wait!! Who's going second day?! All you seem to be going the first day :(

And anybody know if you can buy merch after the show right? Just a stupid question....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom