September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago PART THREE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
.... you're getting in line Thursday afternoon for the Saturday concert?

If there's no people there, we will wait until about 7 or 8 p.m. for the line. But it's not really thaaat long. For San Diego on the last tour, people (me included) were that a full 48 hours early. For the Elevation tour closer in Miami, people also showed up in the evening two days before. For that one I arrived at 8 p.m. and was 13th in line.

if you show up at that time you can still be in the pit, you'll just be in the middle and off to a side.

The only reason to come really early is if you want to be in the first three rows of the pit or on the outer rail.

Phew - okay, so I feel a little better. While I wasn't too worried, I all too often forget just how big a football field is and how many people cram into it for GA.

72 hours from now I'll be on the field - ah, its unreal!

Dang, romi, you're hardcore.

For the Sunday show, I'm planning on waltzing into line late afternoon and hoping for on the outer rail or very close to it, and if not, then further back by the soundboard will be fine.

Dang, romi, you're hardcore.

For the Sunday show, I'm planning on waltzing into line late afternoon and hoping for on the outer rail or very close to it, and if not, then further back by the soundboard will be fine.

I'm just.... different. You know how some people have to see the whites of their eyes to really enjoy a concert? I'm one of those.

I, Roman, am a rail skank.

I'm just.... different. You know how some people have to see the whites of their eyes to really enjoy a concert? I'm one of those.

I, Roman, am a rail skank.

Have you been to any shows this tour yet?

I ask because the stage set up is such that one might argue that the best place to watch is not right in front of the stage.

Have you been to any shows this tour yet?

I ask because the stage set up is such that one might argue that the best place to watch is not right in front of the stage.

I have not been to a show yet. And yeah, I've heard the very front is not the best spot. But I have to try it, and it's easier to get to the front on a Night 1 than a Night 2 (if you're going to Night 1). The following show I will aim for the outer rail.

But for me, I need a rail. Second row ain't good enough.

I have not been to a show yet. And yeah, I've heard the very front is not the best spot. But I have to try it, and it's easier to get to the front on a Night 1 than a Night 2 (if you're going to Night 1). The following show I will aim for the outer rail.

But for me, I need a rail. Second row ain't good enough.

I hear you. The outer rail, though, is better than the inner rail. But, if you're front and center, inner rail, it'll still be a great experience....just not as good a view as you're accustomed to. Regardless, kudos to your intrepid approach and I hope you have a great time at both shows. Like me!

I hear you. The outer rail, though, is better than the inner rail. But, if you're front and center, inner rail, it'll still be a great experience....just not as good a view as you're accustomed to. Regardless, kudos to your intrepid approach and I hope you have a great time at both shows. Like me!

Cheers; to a great time.:beer:

it's a lot more than 2 or 3:

2009-02-13-100.jpg

the last couple of days here in line have been unreal!!!

-dan

someone please clobber the tool in the WVU jacket.

I get emails from the U2tour group on yahoo and just got this. Someone talked to someone at Soldier Field.

According to the folks at Soldier Field, the GA lineup will begin at Gate 0 at the south end of the field. They said to access via the Waldron tunnel. GA lineup will begin at 6 a.m.-and they were insistent no one will be allowed to lineup earlier. Security will be out to prevent anyone from lining up earlier...

__._,_.___

I get emails from the U2tour group on yahoo and just got this. Someone talked to someone at Soldier Field.

According to the folks at Soldier Field, the GA lineup will begin at Gate 0 at the south end of the field. They said to access via the Waldron tunnel. GA lineup will begin at 6 a.m.-and they were insistent no one will be allowed to lineup earlier. Security will be out to prevent anyone from lining up earlier...

__._,_.___

take that with a grain of salt if you are thinking about coming early. That's a blanket statement that all of the stadiums/arenas have for shows like these.. along with no cameras allowed, etc.

take that with a grain of salt if you are thinking about coming early. That's a blanket statement that all of the stadiums/arenas have for shows like these.. along with no cameras allowed, etc.

That's what I think too.

my general strategy when security says I can't camp: Just say thank you and move 20 feet in another direction. There's no point arguing or asking them questions, because everything changes.

The goal for when the line is forming is to stay away from security but be visible to others showing up. Once there are enough people that show up, security has no choice but to let you stay there, because it becomes a safety risk if they kick so many people to the curb, into the street, etc.

Thursday night might be spent across the street from the stadium, or walking around in patrols, making sure there is no second line.... but it all works out in the end.

I think in NJ they will let us, but just not at the stadium. That is what happened on the Vertigo Tour

my general strategy when security says I can't camp: Just say thank you and move 20 feet in another direction. There's no point arguing or asking them questions, because everything changes.

The goal for when the line is forming is to stay away from security but be visible to others showing up. Once there are enough people that show up, security has no choice but to let you stay there, because it becomes a safety risk if they kick so many people to the curb, into the street, etc.

Thursday night might be spent across the street from the stadium, or walking around in patrols, making sure there is no second line.... but it all works out in the end.

Well, given that just about anyone in line before noon can get into the enclosed area, why would one need to camp out?

Well, given that just about anyone in line before noon can get into the enclosed area, why would one need to camp out?

to get the front row, or the second row, or the third row.

If that means nothing to you, then camping out makes no sense whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom