September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago PART THREE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of all honesty guys i got a question. This is my first u2 concert and first ga line up experience. Is there anything to expect and what times you guys are planning on showing up in the morning? (I'm going to day two so if that makes a difference?) I want to get like in the circle.... or pretty close to it.

If anyone is interested Soldier Field is having a U2 tailgate party both Saturday and Sunday. Here is info off of the website:

U2 Concert & Tailgate
09/12/2009 | 5:00 PM Concert
Tickets for Concerts, Sports, Arts, Theater, Family, Events, more. Official Ticketmaster site
U2 returns to Soldier Field for 2 nights on September 12 and 13. Snow Patrol opens the show at 7pm with U2 following. Join us for a pre-show tailgate in the Stadium Green (Southeast corner lown) with food, beverage and entertainment from 3pm-7pm!!

If anyone is interested Soldier Field is having a U2 tailgate party both Saturday and Sunday. Here is info off of the website:

U2 Concert & Tailgate
Tickets for Concerts, Sports, Arts, Theater, Family, Events, more. Official Ticketmaster site
U2 returns to Soldier Field for 2 nights on September 12 and 13. Snow Patrol opens the show at 7pm with U2 following. Join us for a pre-show tailgate in the Stadium Green (Southeast corner lown) with food, beverage and entertainment from 3pm-7pm!!

:hmm:

What is the camping out times? How early are you arriving there and how are the parking garages? Please i'm freaking outtttttttt :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Thanks man.... now i hope i find it....

Another question... do you guys bring food in these lines too?

Thanks man.... now i hope i find it....

Another question... do you guys bring food in these lines too?

If you plan to line up, be it for an hour or all day, yeah, bring food. I did GA in Europe this time around and we made sure to have a lot of water, some food, and some little candy (skittles, etc) and whatnot to possibly share with those around you.

If you plan to line up, be it for an hour or all day, yeah, bring food. I did GA in Europe this time around and we made sure to have a lot of water, some food, and some little candy (skittles, etc) and whatnot to possibly share with those around you.

Alright thanks. And soldier field didn't tell me when we could wait outside.. only tailgate info for 5pm. :/ And thanks for that parking garage site, if only i knew the prices. hmm...

In 96 hours we'll be hearing some music!

hmmm.... less than 100 hours already, huh? I remember way back when it was five months away!

Alright thanks. And soldier field didn't tell me when we could wait outside.. only tailgate info for 5pm. :/ And thanks for that parking garage site, if only i knew the prices. hmm...

I don't know where you're planning on staying, but since I'm doing GA, I'm planning to park at the Millenium/Grant Park garages around the downtown part of Chicago. I think it's like a mile walk from Soldier Field (less if you do taxi or bus, obviously). But the prices max out around $23-$28 for a whole day, which helps since I plan on leaving after both shows this weekend. But if time isn't an issue for you, you might want to look at that one sight and find an all-day parking spot for cheaper and take the train there.

!
I don't know where you're planning on staying, but since I'm doing GA, I'm planning to park at the Millenium/Grant Park garages around the downtown part of Chicago. I think it's like a mile walk from Soldier Field (less if you do taxi or bus, obviously). But the prices max out around $23-$28 for a whole day, which helps since I plan on leaving after both shows this weekend. But if time isn't an issue for you, you might want to look at that one sight and find an all-day parking spot for cheaper and take the train there.

Yeah i saw that too, that is a good price. What time are you planning on like being at soldier field though waiting? Like is 4 too early? 6 too early? :/

U2 Concert & Tailgate

Hmmmm, I might check that out Saturday, I"ll be in line before 3 on Sunday, don't want to lose my spot!

Notice: I'm looking forward to seeing the rock and roll band called "U2" perform at a concert in Chicago this Saturday. It will be enjoyable.

I recommend you all attend.

Everyone's talking about going to the big Irish Festival at Grant Park this weekend. Let's meet there and camp out!
NICE! I'll bring my kilt and bagpipes.

Notice: I'm looking forward to seeing the rock and roll band called "U2" perform at a concert in Chicago this Saturday. It will be enjoyable.

I recommend you all attend.
I suppose we could head over and catch the end of the show if we've got nothing better to do.

Yeah i saw that too, that is a good price. What time are you planning on like being at soldier field though waiting? Like is 4 too early? 6 too early? :/

Well, that's going to depend on what Soldier Field has to say about that. If they're going to let people camp out or line up pretty early (which might be unlikely), then I'd probably try to make my way over there fairly early. If they're not going to allow that until later on Saturday morning though, then I might try to get there around that time and see what's going on. It's cutting it close, but until they announce something official to some of us fans, it'll be kind of hard to plan something in advance, you know? Guess we'll see!

But yeah, compared to Soldier Field parking or the hassle of an out-of-towner trying to find the right train line at god-knows-what-time, those prices are pretty good for what it's worth. Plus I won't mind walking the extra mile after the show to get to my car and to the hotel for the night after the first concert. The seven-hour drive back to Minnesota, however, after the second one when I have to work on Monday, will be the most strenuous trip of all! :lol:

U2 Concert & Tailgate

Interesting. I bet they'll have a U2 tribute band or something!

early shot of the GA line:

8f8afc021895d22e25271db.jpg

better hurry guys

-dan

This picture makes me look fat!!!

U2 Concert & Tailgate

TY! This is what we were looking for :applaud: And it's right about the time we should be arriving.

The seven-hour drive back to Minnesota, however, after the second one when I have to work on Monday, will be the most strenuous trip of all! :lol:

Watch out for the suicidal deer on your way back through Wisconsin!

Between Wisconsin's deer and pigs (oops, I mean state troopers), driving on Hwy 94 is no fun.

Mark

If, like me, you're flying to Chicago tomorrow, today is your Friday!!!

-dan

I think my brain is still in denial that I'll be at the show in 3 days so I haven't done a damn thing to prepare. I do have my knitting project packed! So if you see a chick with no socks, hair that hasn't been brushed, and no makeup, you'll know I forgot to pack everything. But I can knit a scarf!

i'm 99% packed...all i need to do is fold my shirts and put them in my bag

-dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom