September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago PART THREE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait to eat me some pizza at Gino's East on the day of the gig. :drool:

I would like to let it be known to the Interwebz public at large that I will, in fact, be attending the U2 concert at Soldier Field on Sunday Night, 13th of September.

In a twist of what some might call "divine" fate, that day happens to be my 24th birthday.

In another development, U2 is my favorite band ever and I know all the words to every song they've ever written.

Therefore, it will be a fun night and I will lose 95 to 97% of my voice over the course of the evening's festivities.

I wish you all a safe and a pleasant journey.

From GAF, with love.

I would like to let it be known to the Interwebz public at large that I will, in fact, be attending the U2 concert at Soldier Field on Sunday Night, 13th of September.

In a twist of what some might call "divine" fate, that day happens to be my 24th birthday.

In another development, U2 is my favorite band ever and I know all the words to every song they've ever written.

Therefore, it will be a fun night and I will lose 95 to 97% of my voice over the course of the evening's festivities.

I wish you all a safe and a pleasant journey.

From GAF, with love.

Just don't get drunk to the point where you can't remember the gig.

I don't have the patience to read this entire thread so I don't know if this has been posted before, but the U2 cover band, U2 incident is playing Friday night at 9 at Abbey Pub in Chicago.

:up:

Going...these guys are good

Seen them three times here in Ohio where they are from:applaud:

My friend Jamie has pics from Chicago of the claw and the trucks arriving at Soldier Field today

Oh shit, I booked my flight to Dallas instead of Chicago! WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!!

just kidding. I am indeed flying to Chicago on Thursday, and I am indeed very excited about it.

I'll post in here, since we're starting over.

My questions:

Does anyone know if there's oxygen in Chicago? I'm worried about breathing and I'm not sure if they have oxygen there or not.

Also, is English the primary language spoken in Chicago?

If it's sunny, does anyone know what SPF of sunscreen I should wear? Anyone?

There are too many questions and not enough time. I'm not going anymore.

Oh shit, I booked my flight to Dallas instead of Chicago! WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!!

:)

I'm so sorry I had to back out of the Chicago shows, and will miss seeing all you guys. :( Well, except Kaf, who I'll see in Toronto.

I'll post in here, since we're starting over.

My questions:

Does anyone know if there's oxygen in Chicago? I'm worried about breathing and I'm not sure if they have oxygen there or not.

Also, is English the primary language spoken in Chicago?

In other words, you're stuck in a third world city with no defense against the rain, the possibility of public transportation shutting down around 11pm and a plague like infestation of bed bugs. Enjoy the shows.

Damn your funny:up::up:

Oh yeah. One word of advice to perhaps lessen some of the debilitating pizza-related stress that some of you may be feeling: Giordano's. Don't even consider any other pizza while in Chicago.

You're welcome.

Thanks Shannon. Hopefully in '10 they'll come back to Chicago, and I'll be there for sure. :)

:shifty:

Also, it's good you aren't going to Chicago. Apparently there might be rain.

Oh, you're going to Chi too? Both shows? :coolkid:

Does Chicago have any useful implements (ie: towels) that would allow one to dry off if one got wet from said rain? This should be a major concern for all attending.

Thanks Shannon. Hopefully in '10 they'll come back to Chicago, and I'll be there for sure. :)

Oh, you're going to Chi too? Both shows? :coolkid:

Does Chicago have any useful implements (ie: towels) that would allow one to dry off if one got wet from said rain? This should be a major concern for all attending.

Nah, just one show, so I'm pseudo-cool.

I've not heard of these "towels" you speak of. They really help with rain? Well they help me mask my shame as well??

just kidding. I am indeed flying to Chicago on Thursday, and I am indeed very excited about it.
:lol: That's funny. I'm actually flying to Dallas and then to Chicago. That's what I get for waiting to book.

And Kelly!

All the cool kids are continuing on to Toronto. :wink:
It's true :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom