September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago PART THREE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll post in here, since we're starting over.

My questions:

Does anyone know if there's oxygen in Chicago? I'm worried about breathing and I'm not sure if they have oxygen there or not.

Also, is English the primary language spoken in Chicago?

Take public transportation if you can. I'm taking the South Shore Line from NW Indiana...4 dollar ticket. Free parking at the train stations.

I'll post in here, since we're starting over.

My questions:

Does anyone know if there's oxygen in Chicago? I'm worried about breathing and I'm not sure if they have oxygen there or not.

Also, is English the primary language spoken in Chicago?

Yes, we will be right off the lake too. Very nice city Chicago is. There should be oxygen in the air lol. The steel mills to the southeast won't bother you.

If it's sunny, does anyone know what SPF of sunscreen I should wear? Anyone?

Gary, Indiana :drool:

My father was born and raised there. I grew up next door in Merrillville. A lot of history up here in Northern Indiana....John Dillinger is one example.

If it's sunny, does anyone know what SPF of sunscreen I should wear? Anyone?

At least 50. They say 30 is the minimum. Sunscreen can bite hard in Chicago during the late summer....

I've driven by Gary a few times on my way out to Indianapolis or Kentucky.

It's absolute shit now. The city died during the 60's and 70s. It used to be one of the biggest boom towns in America. It had over 200,000 people at its peak....a lot of people back in the day. But global competition got the best of Gary. The steel mills lost a lot of revenue. The city government lost revenue. The middle class basically moved out to surrounding suburbs.

Yes, English is definitely the primary language. Don't worry.

I also want to emphasize if you take the CTA buses...make sure you bring the exact change and know where you are going. There are maps and details online. Don't take cabs unless you can afford getting ripped off.

I'm going to see if there's an app for that.

Do the umbrella vendors speak english also, do you know?

Yeah, but the rain will short your iphone out, so, you're app is apt to phail.

In other words, you're stuck in a third world city with no defense against the rain, the possibility of public transportation shutting down around 11pm and a plague like infestation of bed bugs. Enjoy the shows.

Ok...for the new thread.... for those interested:

Chicago Meet-Up

THE HARD ROCK HOTEL LOBBY BAR

FRIDAY, SEPT. 11th 9pm till ????

Hope to see you there :wave:

PartyGirl43 aka Your Cruise Director

I don't have the patience to read this entire thread so I don't know if this has been posted before, but the U2 cover band, U2 incident is playing Friday night at 9 at Abbey Pub in Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom