September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago PART THREE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah. One word of advice to perhaps lessen some of the debilitating pizza-related stress that some of you may be feeling: Giordano's. Don't even consider any other pizza while in Chicago.

You're welcome.
I think Uno and Due are best. Lou Malnati's is good too.

I don't care for Gino's East.

anybody else watch man vs food?

one of the episodes last week was from chicago...adam richman was at gino's east

-dan

u2.JPG

I was in Chicago last October for the marathon. Will be there again in October. I though Lou Malnati's was better than Giordano's. Also, if you're ordering a deep dish you have to wait 35-40 minutes for it to be cooked...

Chicago Opening Weekend: Pre-Show Specifics

Hey All...haven't posted on here since Elevation, I think.

Anyone know SPECIFICS about the Chicago show/Soldier Field, namely:

(1) What time are we allowed on the venue?

(2) What lots/when will we be allowed to PARK at Soldier Field?

(3) Will there be multiple entrances used for early line-up?

(4) How many people does the "inner area" hold? Any word on just "how early" one has had to line up in Europe to gain access to this area?

These answers may lie elsewhere...but the other Chicago thread has otherwise been inundated with talk of hot dogs and deep dish pizza! :p

Helpful logistical dialogue, if you've got some! THANKS!

I'm probably going to be too excited to sleep on the plane so I'm bringing my Nintendo DS, my new RCA digital video camera, a book, my knitting and iPod. I'm like a little kid on flights...:hyper:

Ziploc bag of Cheerios, too? Or are you the mature kid with the Goldfish?

:D :wink:

I was in Chicago last October for the marathon. Will be there again in October. I though Lou Malnati's was better than Giordano's. Also, if you're ordering a deep dish you have to wait 35-40 minutes for it to be cooked...

CORRECTION: You have to drink for 35-40 minutes for it to be cooked.

:wink:

M

Love Chicago Style, Love NYC Style, Love Buffalo NY Pizza (different than NYC), love it all...

Even love California Pizza Kitchen Style... :)

timing and entertainment

Hi fellow Interferencers :) I'm a newbie to this Forum, but I've been to a fair share of shows. I'm just wondering about GA, as I'm sure many others are, judging from the lack of consensus on what time to start lining up.

So someone said that Soldier Field doesn't allow camping out -- does that just mean that we can't sleep there overnight? I've been calling their info line and can't get anyone, and of course nobody returned my call when I left a voice mail.

How early is everyone planning to arrive in line? And would people care if I go back to my hotel for a shower or meal after securing my spot in line? I know in past tours, people have done this with no problem.. we even have concocted our own number system with permanent markers, writing numbers on hands, so ppl can leave and not worry about losing their spot.

I feel like it's been an eternity since the last tour, and every venue's different, so I was just wondering if anyone has a good idea of what to expect outside Soldier Field this Saturday...?

Thanks and Rock 'n Roll Dawgiies :happydance:

whoops!

Oops, I missed this one..sorry for the duplicate request for info on #1!

Hey All...haven't posted on here since Elevation, I think.

Anyone know SPECIFICS about the Chicago show/Soldier Field, namely:

(1) What time are we allowed on the venue?

(2) What lots/when will we be allowed to PARK at Soldier Field?

(3) Will there be multiple entrances used for early line-up?

(4) How many people does the "inner area" hold? Any word on just "how early" one has had to line up in Europe to gain access to this area?
These answers may lie elsewhere...but the other Chicago thread has otherwise been inundated with talk of hot dogs and deep dish pizza! :p

Helpful logistical dialogue, if you've got some! THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom